New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #2,011 of 8,377
Nice to know there is a confirmation Roxanne has now started shipping. I suppose mid to end January shipping for Black Friday non-CF orders is still a realistic target.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #2,012 of 8,377

Congrats to you guys!! I've been immersing myself into the Roxannes as they go to the next person end of the week. It (not so surprisingly) goes well with rock (even 80's :wink:).I've got the settings art 75% of full (so I guess that's JH16 based on Currawong's scale?).

I've seen comments in the past few days of concerns of it being dark, etc. I wouldn't classify it as dark but my view is that it is warm earphone. To my ears there's an emphasis in the bass to mids and in the trebles, it tapers off just a little but not rolled off. The trebles are crystal clear and articulate too but in a very natural way. I like it that it doesn't try to be too surgically sparkly. No glitz needed here. What's interesting though is at the upper trebles (I'm going to arbitrarily pick 12kHz or thereabouts....I know my ears themselves kinda taper off around 14/15kHz) start  have a peak from the neutrality of the lower treble range. I'm still trying to get used to it.

Personally for my tastes, I think I'd like the neutral DAC/amp setup for this earphone. If I had to pick a bias, probably leaning towards more of a slightly warm setup. The bass on the Roxannes can be tuned down for such cases.

The presentation is more a front row seat with a tall headroom and it's quite a speedy IEM too. I think that's probably why I do like rock with this.

+1 JH CIEMS are well tuned for rock music. I think Roxanne fixes the dilemma of JH13 vs JH16. Many people including myself spent hours researching and reading impressions just to decide which one to get.

Who knows , this IEM is most likely the biggest seller yet all time . So from starting now I'm guessing march. If carbon fiber and if acrylic less. And just to me me a point I have waited 4 months easily for UM. Iems weather reschell or new. So in the end jerry Harvey is fast. And I have three of his products Nd all of them went fast.

Al. D

I agree, this is another factor that swayed me into JH when I was looking for my first CIEM. Of course SQ is number 1 but most competition has a very long waiting period (2 months or longer).

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #2,013 of 8,377
Anyways, either you get your Roxanne or not.  Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!!

wink_face.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #2,014 of 8,377
Anyways, either you get your Roxanne or not.  Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!!

:wink_face:
+1

I hate to do this on X'mas day but I had to block a member out & clean up a few posts as I feel sympathy seeking from the community from a speculated queue jump really isn't on. They're much better off getting the answer straight from the horses mouth and share the response here than to moan & groan.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2,015 of 8,377

+1 JH CIEMS are well tuned for rock music. I think Roxanne fixes the dilemma of JH13 vs JH16. Many people including myself spent hours researching and reading impressions just to decide which one to get.

Agree with this, as I stated real early on it was a tough call between the JH13 and the Roxanne, but the bass tuning ability and the noticeable difference in sound, to me at least, made the Roxanne come out ahead.  Now on to hoping the fit comes out right.  heh, never ends does it??
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #2,016 of 8,377
Agree with this, as I stated real early on it was a tough call between the JH13 and the Roxanne, but the bass tuning ability and the noticeable difference in sound, to me at least, made the Roxanne come out ahead.  Now on to hoping the fit comes out right.  heh, never ends does it?? :D

The only constant is change :)

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #2,017 of 8,377
  How long is the queue for this custom as for now?

I would think a quick email to JHA would answer that, just remember they are 1) busy getting the orders filled and 2) it is x-mas/new years time so, like we have seen, it might take a few days for them to respond.

The only constant is change
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, part of the fun...

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #2,019 of 8,377
just did my ear impression for roxanne carbon ytd at jaben singapore which i paid for during the mook festival
looking forward to getting mine D=
this is gonna be a long wait...

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #2,020 of 8,377
  I would think a quick email to JHA would answer that, just remember they are 1) busy getting the orders filled and 2) it is x-mas/new years time so, like we have seen, it might take a few days for them to respond.

Yep, part of the fun...

jh is closed from 24 december till 1st january 2014.. any reply would most probably come after new year..

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #2,023 of 8,377
I talked to JH and apparently shipping order has nothing to do with the time you ordered. It is apparently based on a complex algorithm factoring your number of posts on headfi and how funny Jerry finds your name. I should get mine pretty soon apparently.

Well then maybe I should post here to get mine 
rolleyes.gif

I have to say that I've found their customer service to be absolutely horrible.  I had nothing but trouble when I was ordering these after CanJam.  They never got back to me and trying to get a hold of their person handling these orders (Corbyn) was the most difficult I've ever had from a company.

Now that they're over a month late they've never given me an email to update me on the status of shipping.  Every time I do contact them I just get either blown off or a generic reply of they're shipping soon.
I really want these but I'm on the verge of cancelling my order due to how unprofessional this company is.

I ordered a pair of JH11Pros from them right when they first came out.  Had lots of problems with them then too.  I gave them a pass because they were just starting their business selling IEMs but that was years ago.  They really need to get their act together.  When ordering a "high-end" audio product I'd expect better customer service than I'd get from some fly-by-night online place.

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #2,024 of 8,377
  Well then maybe I should post here to get mine 
rolleyes.gif

I have to say that I've found their customer service to be absolutely horrible.  I had nothing but trouble when I was ordering these after CanJam.  They never got back to me and trying to get a hold of their person handling these orders (Corbyn) was the most difficult I've ever had from a company.

Now that they're over a month late they've never given me an email to update me on the status of shipping.  Every time I do contact them I just get either blown off or a generic reply of they're shipping soon.
I really want these but I'm on the verge of cancelling my order due to how unprofessional this company is.

I ordered a pair of JH11Pros from them right when they first came out.  Had lots of problems with them then too.  I gave them a pass because they were just starting their business selling IEMs but that was years ago.  They really need to get their act together.  When ordering a "high-end" audio product I'd expect better customer service than I'd get from some fly-by-night online place.

Is it possible that they've been so deluged with Roxanne orders that they've been working massive overtime hours and struggling to meet demand? Under those kind of circumstances, it can be worsened by numerous people repeatedly e-mailing for status updates, because it's yet one more drain on their already-limited time.

I'm not claiming the above to be fact, I'm just saying it is a possible scenario at JHA, this past couple of months.

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #2,025 of 8,377
Well then maybe I should post here to get mine :rolleyes:

I'd like to add my two cents, I have been in constant contact with Corbyn, and she's been a great help. They've been going all over Asia touring the Roxannes so I'd give them a little slack now. And there's also the fact that they're swamped with the Roxanne orders. I'd give them some slack this time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back