New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #1,996 of 8,377
  Angie said "Shipping started This Week"  so they already shipping to people...

Still have not seen anyone say they actually have an active tracking #...just sayin'
blink.gif
 The one I have has been in limbo since Dec 4th...with no change and no explanation. 
I've heard the "shipping this week" story a few times now...
popcorn.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,997 of 8,377
I think we get so used to being able to buy things instantly that we have forgotten patience. 

These products have parts from a number of vendors and what tends to happen is that, suddenly, one part supplier will run out or delay, and that screws up everything else. 

I reckon just relax and enjoy the holiday season and the Roxannes will come when they come. Stressing over the delay is a waste of energy. 
smile.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,998 of 8,377
Yep, the first batch is shipping now (as the above poster has stated) and I would've been included in that batch, but:

My female ears are too small for the full CF Roxanne. So, I'm getting another design and I'm completely happy with how JH handled it (getting a personal phone call from Angie when their offices are, in fact, closed). I should be getting mine, at my door, on the 4th.

Happy listening and happy holidays for the other people in the first batch! I just hope I don't have to change my K10 order (but I'm expecting it, tbh).

Wow you take it like a pro... I hope that I won't receive the same call... Have no idea what to choose otherwise...

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #1,999 of 8,377
Not really stressing, just putting my thoughts out there...

Here is the confirmation:
I literally just got a notice from FedEx that the package was picked up and mine will be delivered Friday.
I just wonder why JH is not telling me this instead of FedEx??? Oh well at least there is an avenue for me to get info.

Cheers and Merry x-mas all!!!

I deal with vendors all the time and I expect them to give me the straight story, our timelines demand this.  When our customers call we jump through hoops and go the extra mile to respond and give them the straight scoop, leading them on without all the details just leads to pissed off people, especially when there is a community like this where, surprise, we talk to each other.  Does not help to get three different stories from the same company about what the issue is...  Snowmobilers are as passionate about their machines as head-fiers are about their gear.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2,001 of 8,377
Not really stressing, just putting my thoughts out there...

Here is the confirmation:
I literally just got a notice from FedEx that the package was picked up and mine will be delivered Friday.
I just wonder why JH is not telling me this instead of FedEx??? Oh well at least there is an avenue for me to get info.

Cheers and Merry x-mas all!!!

I deal with vendors all the time and I expect them to give me the straight story, our timelines demand this.  When our customers call we jump through hoops and go the extra mile to respond and give them the straight scoop, leading them on without all the details just leads to pissed off people, especially when there is a community like this where, surprise, we talk to each other.  Does not help to get three different stories from the same company about what the issue is...  Snowmobilers are as passionate about their machines as head-fiers are about their gear.

Bear,

I totally agree. In the legal world it is called managing your client's expectations. But let is hope on this Christmas Eve that all good things come to those who wait.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #2,002 of 8,377
Just got Fedex confirmation that my Roxannes have shipped and will get to me Thursday night!

Congrats to you guys!! I've been immersing myself into the Roxannes as they go to the next person end of the week. It (not so surprisingly) goes well with rock (even 80's :wink:).I've got the settings art 75% of full (so I guess that's JH16 based on Currawong's scale?).

I've seen comments in the past few days of concerns of it being dark, etc. I wouldn't classify it as dark but my view is that it is warm earphone. To my ears there's an emphasis in the bass to mids and in the trebles, it tapers off just a little but not rolled off. The trebles are crystal clear and articulate too but in a very natural way. I like it that it doesn't try to be too surgically sparkly. No glitz needed here. What's interesting though is at the upper trebles (I'm going to arbitrarily pick 12kHz or thereabouts....I know my ears themselves kinda taper off around 14/15kHz) start  have a peak from the neutrality of the lower treble range. I'm still trying to get used to it.

Personally for my tastes, I think I'd like the neutral DAC/amp setup for this earphone. If I had to pick a bias, probably leaning towards more of a slightly warm setup. The bass on the Roxannes can be tuned down for such cases.

The presentation is more a front row seat with a tall headroom and it's quite a speedy IEM too. I think that's probably why I do like rock with this.

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #2,003 of 8,377

Congrats to you guys!! I've been immersing myself into the Roxannes as they go to the next person end of the week. It (not so surprisingly) goes well with rock (even 80's :wink:).I've got the settings art 75% of full (so I guess that's JH16 based on Currawong's scale?).

I've seen comments in the past few days of concerns of it being dark, etc. I wouldn't classify it as dark but my view is that it is warm earphone. To my ears there's an emphasis in the bass to mids and in the trebles, it tapers off just a little but not rolled off. The trebles are crystal clear and articulate too but in a very natural way. I like it that it doesn't try to be too surgically sparkly. No glitz needed here. What's interesting though is at the upper trebles (I'm going to arbitrarily pick 12kHz or thereabouts....I know my ears themselves kinda taper off around 14/15kHz) start  have a peak from the neutrality of the lower treble range. I'm still trying to get used to it.

Personally for my tastes, I think I'd like the neutral DAC/amp setup for this earphone. If I had to pick a bias, probably leaning towards more of a slightly warm setup. The bass on the Roxannes can be tuned down for such cases.

The presentation is more a front row seat with a tall headroom and it's quite a speedy IEM too. I think that's probably why I do like rock with this.

Interestingly, the JH13 is also a "slightly warm" sig, so it may be the JH sig as well.

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #2,004 of 8,377

That's good to hear, about the treble, the demo I heard was too sparkly, but Jerry said he would review it and tame it if needed.  Sounds like he might have, but still retained the clarity which is good. Really looking forward to getting these and trying them out this weekend...happy new year to me...
ksc75smile.gif

Bear,

I totally agree. In the legal world it is called managing your client's expectations. But let is hope on this Christmas Eve that all good things come to those who wait.

Heh, we use that term for our execs as well. They are sort of our 'clients' too...
wink_face.gif

Looks like it will indeed be a good time this week, Roxannes incoming, UHA760 incoming, lots of testing to do...
L3000.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #2,006 of 8,377
Your is CF version? If so JH did a good job then but they told me it won't ship before new year.

Yes, full CF for me. Maybe because I ordered first batch?

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #2,007 of 8,377
Yes, full CF for me. Maybe because I ordered first batch?
My order date. 25sept. Queue number #1. As Angie told me it won't ship before new year thus I switched to acrylic and get it ship on 1st week of jan, I accepted to change and you guy got the CF further more CF take few more day to craft.

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,008 of 8,377
My order date. 25sept. Queue number #1. As Angie told me it won't ship before new year thus I switched to acrylic and get it ship on 1st week of jan, I accepted to change and you guy got the CF further more CF take few more day to craft.

I recommend that you take this one offline between yourself and JHA support. I don't think anyone here can answer you question/concern.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #2,010 of 8,377
Who knows , this IEM is most likely the biggest seller yet all time . So from starting now I'm guessing march. If carbon fiber and if acrylic less. And just to me me a point I have waited 4 months easily for UM. Iems weather reschell or new. So in the end jerry Harvey is fast. And I have three of his products Nd all of them went fast.

Al. D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back