NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 17, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #2,735 of 3,483
Just bought the Atlas in a private sale. Anyone have the IMR R1 to give a brief comparison against the Atlas? not in the same price tier, but would like some opinions

Anyone have experience with atlas + custom tips?

I have the R1 and the R1 Zenith - which one are you referring to?

Also, I use Custom Art custom silicone tips on my Atlas - they give a superb fit and a nicely balanced (for a basshead IEM) sound. Not particularly expensive, either.

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #2,738 of 3,483
My take on the Campfire Solaris! Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Good review, informative and honest.
Did you mean to say in your conclusion "The Solaris is a musical sounding cable that is able to provide an impactful bass expression, vivid midrange and extended treble ... ?"

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #2,739 of 3,483
Good review, informative and honest.
Did you mean to say in your conclusion "The Solaris is a musical sounding cable that is able to provide an impactful bass expression, vivid midrange and extended treble ... ?"
Thank you, it was a typo and already edited. Cheers! :)

May 2, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #2,741 of 3,483
The BA is definitely protected from those three especially moist and earwax. Maybe dust can accumulate but if stored in carrying pouch all the time, that shouldn't even be a factor.

The TAEC chamber is underneath the steel nozzle, and that replaces the narrow tube that is typically seen with BA drivers.

May 19, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #2,743 of 3,483
May 19, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #2,745 of 3,483
Picking up the Comets next week. Thoughts on the tips? This will be my first foray into IEMs . . .
Late replying, but just saw your post. I find foam ear tips (Comply or the AC foams) to be uncomfortable and usually prefer silicon tips. My Comets came with the SpinFits, and I like them. I also have the Fianl E tips (came with my Io), and I think I prefer the SpinTips...they seems a bit more flexible and I find them to be more comfortable for longer periods than the Final E. I also purchased some inexpensive double flange tips from Amazon (generic brand). I find that the double flange tips provide a little better isolation than the SpinFits. I used the double flange tips this past week on an international flight and had them in my ears for 7 to 8 hours each way with no discomfort. I believe I can get a deeper insertion with the Comets than my other CA IEM's, and this seems to improve isolation; making them a good choice for travel. I had previously purchased some double flange tips from RHA, and like them on the Jupiters. I believe the double flange I purchased on Amazon (10 pcs for $6; Large) have a slightly larger bore than the RHA, but I can't say for sure as I do not have the RHA tips with me at the moment to make a comparison. Comfort wise no issues with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back