NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 19, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #2,746 of 3,483
They come with different tips? Why is it?
CA has included a variety of third party tips with their products since they were introduced. My earliest CA IEM is the Nova. It came with CA silicone, CA foam, and Comply tips. Later iterations of their products (Jupiter, Lyra II and Comets) that I have purchased included the CA foam, CA silicone, and SpinFit tips. My latest purchase, CA Io, included the both CA types and Final E silicone tips. So, the third party tips supplied by CA has changed with time. I have never seen an explanation for this, but for me it has been helpful to have such a wide selection of tips to try. I probably would not have gone out and purchased these other brands on my own.

May 20, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #2,748 of 3,483
Does anyone know the type of Spinfit the Comets come with? I’ve been trying to track them down but can’t seem to find the correct version of Spinfit.

My Comets came with CP100, 2 each of four sizes (super small, small, medium, large).

May 20, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #2,750 of 3,483
Awesome, thanks!

No problem...I had the info handy because i went through the same process when it came to order additional tips. Also, I found some inexpensive, generic double flange silicone tips that I like with the Comet. They provide a bit better isolation than the SpinFits with no sacrifice in comfort or sound to my ears. I am not able to use the foam tips supplied by CA. They get uncomfortable really quickly.

May 25, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #2,754 of 3,483
Today I am by the pool with a well seasoned Atlas. Listening to Tutu by Miles Davis, incredible. I will never forget the first listen and the massive wall of bass that I didnt think I would ever climb over. So many IEMs and today I chose Atlas.

May 26, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #2,755 of 3,483
May 26, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #2,756 of 3,483
I got the email yesterday as well and decided to go for it. I really enjoy my CA Andromedas but miss having more of a bass punch for some of the music in my collection. I'm looking forward to gaining that with the Atlas. Here's hoping for a good and comfortable fit!

Congratulations, can you post a comment about fit and comfort? im looking to buy these and dont want to regret it.

May 26, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #2,757 of 3,483
Congratulations, can you post a comment about fit and comfort? im looking to buy these and dont want to regret it.

Will do! Hopefully I'll get them sometime this week.

May 26, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #2,758 of 3,483
So.
True.

Whenever I stop, think and realize that I'm going to spend $1500 on a pair of IEM's, I start to laugh nervously. I'm not rich at all, this is a total luxury item for me. I don't know about your girlfriend but the only 3 persons I have shared this with seriously think that I've gone bananas. :banana:

2 questions for you all owners of the Atlas:

The Atlas come with a 2 year warranty.

Considering every investment has got its risks...:
  1. How long do you expect them to last? Let's forget about the cables, it's obvious that they are going to break "often". What's important is the body and its content, for the cables can be replaced.
  2. How long would you be happy for them to last? This is the amount of time that they should last so that you can say "this was money well spent".
My answers:

- I expect them to last 10 years at least, provided no accidents occur. Am I being too optimistic here? What's the longest that you've had an IEM for?
- I'll be happy if they last at least 5 years. That would be less than $1 a day. It sounds better when put like that... :)

To be honest, every couple of hours I wonder if I shouldn't get the last IMR-R1 available out there instead, and 3 times cheaper than the Atlas...

Interested to hear if you bought the Atlas or the IMR R1? I am thinking Atlas or IMR Zenith? Looking for bass and large detail soundstage. My over ears are HD800s.

May 26, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #2,759 of 3,483
Interested to hear if you bought the Atlas or the IMR R1? I am thinking Atlas or IMR Zenith? Looking for bass and large detail soundstage. My over ears are HD800s.
Personally I would never buy anything from IMR, that company is run by Bob James previously of Trinity Audio Engineering. HIs wife was a major owner of the company. Trinity screwed a ton of people out of their hard earned cash when they kept advertising and receiving payment for product they had no stock of and no intention of shipping.
What they did was worse than any bad business practice.

Stick to CA, nicest people and very reputable. The Atlas is a great earphone.

May 27, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #2,760 of 3,483
The Zenith is more forward and in your face with it's sound. Excellent wide stage and can be a little aggressive in the top end. Very snappy and full bass sound, the black filter is default and I stuck with it on the Zenith as opposed to the pink one on the OG R1.

The Atlas is one of the most engaging IEM's I have. Allow yourself to adapt to the sound as it definitely is not a "first listen" IEM. The bass is deep and the treble extends well north, there is sparkle up top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back