NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jun 13, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #1,351 of 3,483
Tried this combo in this afternoon. Performed well -when- I wasn't getting wieless cutouts. I had the NW-WM1Z in a pouch hanging off my hip, and both LDAC and AptXHD codecs were cutting out. If I took the NW-WM1Z out of the pouch it would be fine. Pity I had so much trouble as it did sound good when it was working.

P6130017.jpg

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #1,352 of 3,483
Why not try for the sake of curiosity, yes, thanks.
However, I don’t think it is available alone.
Last but not least, my idea is to keep the cost on the low-end.
I just want to use the 4.4 balanced output on my Sony ZX300 as it is the one burned-in.

Seems to be on the ALO Audio store and not the Campfire Audio yet.

https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/pure-silver-litz/

Anyway I will give it a try.

Usually the stock CA cables are a good choice as they are choosen and matched well.

EDIT:

Well I did try it....it seems

the Atlas cable - Silver (The other stock cable the litz is silver plated copper) pictured here with the CA Atlas.
Quite smooth, dreamy, slight holographic tint, increased clarity but not at the expense of the Comet signature. Intimacy. I love it. Slight drop in the mids perhaps.
I have been waiting to try the Vega and Andromeda with this cable for when I write the Atlas review, I might have to do it sooner.
Still the stock cable is more than satisfactory, more a side upgrade for this earphone.”

Maybe read my Comet and Atlas (it has more cable informtion links too from my earlier tests)either on head-fi or here.

I did as much mixing and matching as I could to answer most of the probable questions

Litz, silver, copper, ref 8, sxc-8.....

http://www.headpie.net/2018/05/campfire-audio-comet-review-expatinjapan.html?m=1

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,358 of 3,483
I find the stock cable with the Comets to be very good. Tried a pure silver cable but I feel like it takes away from the bass which was already the perfect amount.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #1,359 of 3,483
And the last comparison video, Atlas vs Andromeda. Battle of two As

Thanks for the comparison video. Where did you get the custom tips for Andromeda btw?

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,361 of 3,483
Ambient Acoustics Laboratory from Kyiv, Ukraine
I'll make a short video about them with details

Definitely interested in those tips! They look super-comfortable!

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,365 of 3,483
I find the stock cable with the Comets to be very good. Tried a pure silver cable but I feel like it takes away from the bass which was already the perfect amount.

Yes the stock cable or any good brand copper cable is good.

The $149 alo litz cable spoils the signature of comet. Sounds thin and mids lack balance with the rest of the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back