1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
Next

Last
  1. linux4ever
    Yes the stock cable or any good brand copper cable is good.

The $149 alo litz cable spoils the signature of comet. Sounds thin and mids lack balance with the rest of the spectrum.

Colors likes this.
  2. paul2qute
    I wonder if Campfire audio will make and sell a Atlas 2 metre extension lead?So I can sit back in my chair and enjoy the music

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. GoodRevrnd
    Wow these Comets are impressive, and I'm just out of the crappy laptop jack so far (haven't installed Jot DAC). Great bass response, good detail.

B9Scrambler and Colors like this.
  4. Kervsky
  5. MyPants
    I too have reached out to Campfire about purchasing the Atlas cable in 2.5mm balanced for use with my Comet. I'll let y'all know what they say.

6. linux4ever
    Atlas silver cables are wasted on Comet. It totally spoils the sound.

Look for good copper cables from well known brands.

Colors likes this.
  7. Lookout57
    B9Scrambler, linux4ever and Colors like this.
  8. Colors
    MyPants likes this.
  9. linux4ever
    Stock cable isn't litz. This is litz wiring and is different.

Colors likes this.
  10. MyPants
    Campfire's website says the comet cable is a copper litz + microphone, so it does actually appear to be the same, essentially the cable used on Polaris.

Screenshot_20180613-224729.png
    Screenshot_20180613-224711.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  11. emptymt
    I think everyone who wants a balanced cable, needs to ask for this first instead of buying it separately right away.

I think at this price they should at least allow you to chose the termination of the cable, its ok if they add the price a bit (maybe + 50 bucks, whatever), this is purely for convenience and customer service perspective.

Slashn77 and simty like this.
  12. emptymt
    Actually I've been looking around for something like this, some other company charge hefty amount which is a bit more than I'm willing to pay.

Do they do one for Atlas as well?

13. cleg
    I think they can do such tips for any IEMs, but you'd better check with their support about procedure and details like shipment

14. Audiophonicalistic
    I purchased atlas and contacted them after listening with regular 3.5. They said they could give me a discount if I purchased the 4.4mm version from the alo website. If you want balanced Id contact them beforehand and see what they say.

MyPants likes this.
  15. MyPants
    I can confirm. I asked Campfire about purchasing the Atlas cable (pure silver litz) in balanced for use with Comet, and they offered me a significant discount as well. Pulled the trigger on that, so I'll let you know how it sounds to me when it arrives.

petrovsky13 and Colors like this.
First

Back
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
Next

Last