1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Next

Last
  1. paul2qute
    I've really been enjoying Currawong reviews on kit I'm thinking of getting, I thought he was Chinese or Japanese before I read the reviews, Sony Z1R and the campfire audio Atlas really good reviews

2. paul2qute
    I use to get excited saving up for my next hi-fi product and my dad would be in a home at the time and I felt guilty, we all have had losses in our life but I'm struggling to move on without him, it's been a terrible year, been so mixed up,it's a hi-fi site not a agony aunt I know that

emptymt, snk8699, Colors and 2 others like this.
  3. BetterLate
    Boy that’s rough. I’ve been through the pain of losing parents and it leaves a void. I hope you can find some relief with the joy that music can bring you and find comfort in being part of this community. Be well

4. siderak
    So very sorry for your loss. Lost my dad to brain cancer in 2014. It’s taken me 4 years to get back to really enjoying my interests again. I still managed to go down rabbit holes (especially if the head fi variety) In some ways it was a much needed distraction but as of late, I’ve started to really get back into music and sound...so I bought an atlas. It’s nice to have such a fantastic earphone produced just when I can connect emotionally to music again. Do what you gotta do for now. Grief has a way of making everything feel wrong but eventually it will pass. PM me anytime.

paul2qute, Quadfather and Colors like this.
  5. Quadfather
    Loss is so difficult. I lost my mother unexpectedly when I was 18 years old.

paul2qute likes this.
  6. paul2qute
    thanks for that mate and I'll pm you some time, hope your enjoying your Atlas mate, wish I had a pair

7. paul2qute
    Been reading about obravo i.e.m's totl is nine grand.I thought the chord Dave was expensive but seems like a bit of a bargain now

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    siderak likes this.
  8. siderak
    well that just absolutely blows.

Quadfather likes this.
  9. Quadfather
    It definitely changed who I have become.

10. AnakChan Moderator
    The Atlas is surprisingly very efficient...I don’t think I’m using such low volumes with other earphones:

BCF46810-D5C7-4E4D-B1ED-A84FA5DD41BF.jpeg

Rlin987, ExpatinJapan and junix like this.
  11. Benvoka
    No. The SXC 8 is hefty, when it comes to size and weight (also with memory wire inside) . The stock silver cable is differently and a very good match to the atlas.

12. NewEve
    I’m a happy owner of the Campfire Cascade with an SXC 8 4.4mm balanced cable.
    I’m looking into the Comet as a companion set with a Litz 4.4mm balanced cable.

How much of a shock am I going to go through ?

13. ExpatinJapan
    From my review:

“The Comet with the Litz wasnt a complete wash out, but it did seemed to lose what made it so pleasing as it ventured more towards a v shape. A bit darker, more up beat at times, other times more treble. Those mids went bai bai. It lost its exquisite balance imho.”

In my Atlas review
    i compare several cables also

cleg likes this.
  14. NewEve
    Thanks—any idea if balanced will make a difference ?

15. ExpatinJapan
    I dont see why it would.

I would maybe aim at the Atlas cable more than the Litz for the Comet. (I dont remember If I gave it a try in my review - so If i didnt i can try for you.
    - I have a 4.4mm Atlas cable)

SXC-8 is too heavy for the Comet imho.

First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Next

Last