1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last
  1. HiFlight
    Mucho better, IMO. Mids and vocals sounded more refined than Vega. Upper bass never intruded or colored vocals or mids.
    I was using my own tips as none of the CA tips provided an adequate seal.

fuhransahis likes this.
  2. CalvinW
    That's the same experience I had when I went from the atlas to the legend x

3. Kunlun
    Many thanks! That's good news

4. sleeping_citizens
    For any CA fans interested in getting custom eartips for their CA IEMs, I just got mine in the mail. Pic and review below:

campfire-andromeda-custom-eartips.jpg

Finally got my custom eartips from Campfire Audio. Took about two weeks from overnighting my impressions to receiving the final product today. Fit is fantastic (not as godly as my 64 Audio A12ts but still fantastic). Isolation is better than the foam tips but not nearly as isolated as a CIEM. Sound is nearly identical to the CA foam tips (I put a foam tip on one side and the custom on the other and then swapped, there was no discernable difference between the two. All in all, it cost $150+20 shipping (plus cost of getting and shipping out ear impressions).

I have large ear canals so getting this was absolutely worth it. Comfort levels are OVER NINE THOUSAND and there's no longer the sensation of eartips moving back and forth thus resulting in having to readjust my IEMs every five minutes if I move too much. This purchase, for myself, was totally worth it. YMMV.

Note: I was originally going to buy two pairs (one for my Andromeda, one for my Vega), but CA told me it wasn't needed as one pair can fit on both nozzles, so kudos to CA for saving me $150!

5. linux4ever
    Does it project out from the ear or does it stay within reasonable limits?

6. bvng3540
    Didn’t know CA made custom tips, didn’t see it in their website, how do you order it?

7. sleeping_citizens
    Seems like it's via e-mail request at the moment. That's how I did it, I kinda stumbled upon it. I e-mailed CA asking if they knew of any reputable companies who could make custom eartips which resulted in them telling me they can do it in-house.

bvng3540 and Colors like this.
  8. rantng
    I’m waiting for CA to offer CIEMs...:kissing:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    knopi likes this.
  9. chicken beer
    Guess they won’t. Diminishing their re-sale value will affect the original value also. Bloody truth.

10. theveterans
  11. rantng
    I wouldn't rule it out. The biggest obstacle would have been how to incorporate TAEC into a custom. And thankfully, it seems Campfire isn't as strongly motivated by profits as other companies. One of the reasons I respect Ken & Co. so much. Even with IEMs costing over $1k, I daresay their IEMs offer great value.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  12. Colors
    The Comet is definitely great value.

Looks like Orion is next for me.

13. bvng3540
    Yes they are look at andro and Vega resale value, they both get good resale until now even though both has been out for a while now

14. supervisor
    I've emailed JD twice at Campfire asking about this and no response... :/

15. Colors
    I'm using the BTX1 with the Comets right now and it sounds ok. Doesn't really do the same justice as the stock cable (and I'm guessing an upgraded cable is even better).

Still on the fence whether to go full BT or wired..

First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last