NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 25, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #601 of 3,483
Mucho better, IMO. Mids and vocals sounded more refined than Vega. Upper bass never intruded or colored vocals or mids.
I was using my own tips as none of the CA tips provided an adequate seal.

That's the same experience I had when I went from the atlas to the legend x

Apr 25, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #602 of 3,483
I listened to them extensively with a variety of music using my DX200/Amp5 as a source and heard no abnormal peaks in any of my lossless files. In fact I was impressed with the overall tonal balance and smoothness compared to my Vegas. I tried to find something I didn't like about their SQ but couldn't find anything regardless of genre. They also sounded good at all volume levels, certainly not a 1-trick pony!
Many thanks! That's good news

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #603 of 3,483
For any CA fans interested in getting custom eartips for their CA IEMs, I just got mine in the mail. Pic and review below:

campfire-andromeda-custom-eartips.jpg

Finally got my custom eartips from Campfire Audio. Took about two weeks from overnighting my impressions to receiving the final product today. Fit is fantastic (not as godly as my 64 Audio A12ts but still fantastic). Isolation is better than the foam tips but not nearly as isolated as a CIEM. Sound is nearly identical to the CA foam tips (I put a foam tip on one side and the custom on the other and then swapped, there was no discernable difference between the two. All in all, it cost $150+20 shipping (plus cost of getting and shipping out ear impressions).

I have large ear canals so getting this was absolutely worth it. Comfort levels are OVER NINE THOUSAND and there's no longer the sensation of eartips moving back and forth thus resulting in having to readjust my IEMs every five minutes if I move too much. This purchase, for myself, was totally worth it. YMMV.

Note: I was originally going to buy two pairs (one for my Andromeda, one for my Vega), but CA told me it wasn't needed as one pair can fit on both nozzles, so kudos to CA for saving me $150!

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #605 of 3,483
For any CA fans interested in getting custom eartips for their CA IEMs, I just got mine in the mail. Pic and review below:

Finally got my custom eartips from Campfire Audio. Took about two weeks from overnighting my impressions to receiving the final product today. Fit is fantastic (not as godly as my 64 Audio A12ts but still fantastic). Isolation is better than the foam tips but not nearly as isolated as a CIEM. Sound is nearly identical to the CA foam tips (I put a foam tip on one side and the custom on the other and then swapped, there was no discernable difference between the two. All in all, it cost $150+20 shipping (plus cost of getting and shipping out ear impressions).

I have large ear canals so getting this was absolutely worth it. Comfort levels are OVER NINE THOUSAND and there's no longer the sensation of eartips moving back and forth thus resulting in having to readjust my IEMs every five minutes if I move too much. This purchase, for myself, was totally worth it. YMMV.

Note: I was originally going to buy two pairs (one for my Andromeda, one for my Vega), but CA told me it wasn't needed as one pair can fit on both nozzles, so kudos to CA for saving me $150!
Didn’t know CA made custom tips, didn’t see it in their website, how do you order it?

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #606 of 3,483
Didn’t know CA made custom tips, didn’t see it in their website, how do you order it?

Seems like it's via e-mail request at the moment. That's how I did it, I kinda stumbled upon it. I e-mailed CA asking if they knew of any reputable companies who could make custom eartips which resulted in them telling me they can do it in-house.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #610 of 3,483
I wouldn't rule it out. The biggest obstacle would have been how to incorporate TAEC into a custom. And thankfully, it seems Campfire isn't as strongly motivated by profits as other companies. One of the reasons I respect Ken & Co. so much. Even with IEMs costing over $1k, I daresay their IEMs offer great value.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #611 of 3,483
I wouldn't rule it out. The biggest obstacle would have been how to incorporate TAEC into a custom. And thankfully, it seems Campfire isn't as strongly motivated by profits as other companies. One of the reasons I respect Ken & Co. so much. Even with IEMs costing over $1k, I daresay their IEMs offer great value.

The Comet is definitely great value.

Looks like Orion is next for me.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #612 of 3,483
Yes they are look at andro and Vega resale value, they both get good resale until now even though both has been out for a while now

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #613 of 3,483
Seems like it's via e-mail request at the moment. That's how I did it, I kinda stumbled upon it. I e-mailed CA asking if they knew of any reputable companies who could make custom eartips which resulted in them telling me they can do it in-house.

I've emailed JD twice at Campfire asking about this and no response... :/

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #614 of 3,483
I'm using the BTX1 with the Comets right now and it sounds ok. Doesn't really do the same justice as the stock cable (and I'm guessing an upgraded cable is even better).

Still on the fence whether to go full BT or wired..

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #615 of 3,483
I'm using the BTX1 with the Comets right now and it sounds ok. Doesn't really do the same justice as the stock cable (and I'm guessing an upgraded cable is even better).

Still on the fence whether to go full BT or wired..

Try the Plussound X6 BT cables (with either Copper or SPC) which I will be purchasing too at some point in time

http://plussoundaudio.com/customcables/bluetooth.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back