NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 25, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #586 of 3,483
Anyone worried about the lack of an ear wax filter for the Comets?

I messaged Campfire and they said the Comply series with the ear wax guard is a good solution.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #592 of 3,483
I did spend quite a bit of time at Axpona listening to the Comet as well as the Atlas. When I went, I was prepared to bring the Comets home but while I liked them, I still think for the type of music I most enjoy that I prefer the sound as well as the fit of the Orion, hence I came home empty-handed!. Still, considering the price, the Comet makes an excellent all-arounder.

I've heard a report of harshness in the Atlas' treble. Whst did you think of it? Were there some peaks?
Thanks!

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #596 of 3,483
I've heard a report of harshness in the Atlas' treble. Whst did you think of it? Were there some peaks?
Thanks!
I listened to them extensively with a variety of music using my DX200/Amp5 as a source and heard no abnormal peaks in any of my lossless files. In fact I was impressed with the overall tonal balance and smoothness compared to my Vegas. I tried to find something I didn't like about their SQ but couldn't find anything regardless of genre. They also sounded good at all volume levels, certainly not a 1-trick pony!

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #597 of 3,483
I get it guys. I'm new to IEMs and was just being careful because all my earphones so far came with exchangeable filters and cleaning kits. Will avoid putting condoms in the ear and just clean my ears more frequently instead :darthsmile:

Oh a side note, the model for Comply is 400 according to Campfire :beerchug:

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #599 of 3,483
I listened to them extensively with a variety of music using my DX200/Amp5 as a source and heard no abnormal peaks in any of my lossless files. In fact I was impressed with the overall tonal balance and smoothness compared to my Vegas. I tried to find something I didn't like about their SQ but couldn't find anything regardless of genre. They also sounded good at all volume levels, certainly not a 1-trick pony!
How'd you find mids/vocals on the Atlas vs Vega?

Apr 25, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #600 of 3,483
How'd you find mids/vocals on the Atlas vs Vega?
Mucho better, IMO. Mids and vocals sounded more refined than Vega. Upper bass never intruded or colored vocals or mids.
I was using my own tips as none of the CA tips provided an adequate seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back