1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. theveterans
    Try the Plussound X6 BT cables (with either Copper or SPC) which I will be purchasing too at some point in time

http://plussoundaudio.com/customcables/bluetooth.html

Colors likes this.
  2. Wiljen
    As promised, I finally got my review posted here.

Ahmad313 likes this.
  3. KB Contributor
    Guess the cats out of the bag! so we are evaluating this product and we make a official announcement and offering for these custom Campfire tips for all very soon. At the moment we are only making these for a few people and need to scale up our process internally, thank you for your patience here.

I feel very excited about this product and feel like the IEM tips are really a weak link in the hobby. A soft flexible tip is going to give you better isolation, better low end sonics and most importantly a far more comfortable fit.

Please stand by.

Ken

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    junix, subguy812, Jackpot77 and 9 others like this.
  4. sleeping_citizens
    Oops! Apologies if I spoiled anything, Ken. I didn't realize it was an under the radar type thing. I'm loving them so far!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  5. Colors

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  6. KB Contributor
    Of course not, all good and I am super happy to know that they are working good for you.

Cheers!

ken

7. gc335
    Great idea!!! Looking forward to hearing more about it. Do you use 3D scanning?

bb rodriquez likes this.
  8. Colors
    Further impressions:

I feel like the Comets are very well tuned for pop and rock. The sound is very balanced but there's a slight v-shape which makes it very suited for these genres. Think Ariana Grande music. Vocals are ever so slightly behind. For music like folk, I prefer the ER4 and GR07BE for more sub-bass/bass heavy alt rock. The Comets would be great gifts to close friends and family imo because it handles a variety of genre very well. It's very forgiving and versatile.

On a side note, should I buy two IEMs or save up for a big one? I listened to the Empire Ears Bravado and I was blown away by how clean the music was. But for the same price, I could get a pair of Orions and something else..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    bb rodriquez likes this.
  9. mashuto
    Been reading this thread and have been very interested in the atlas. Not really looking for a "lower" end iem at the moment as I recently received the MD+ and think it excels for me for what it is. However, the atlas definitely seems nice. But as a current vega owner, I find the idea of parting with the vega difficult. I absolutely love them and think they sound excellent (personally I dont hear any recessed mids like other have been saying). They have been my goto since I got them, and even though the atlas sounds like its a good refining of the vega sound, just so hard to stomach the idea of spending the same amount (or a few hundred extra if i sell the vega) for a refinement of the sound. Guess I will wait for the product to start arriving and more impressions... or just be happy with what I have (since it really does sound excellent) and save my wallet the pain.

Jearly410 likes this.
  10. chicken beer
    I think they technically don't sound good though, but they are greatly tuned.

Colors likes this.
  11. KB Contributor

12. Ahmad313
    Excellent review specially the comparison with A4 and B400 is really helpful ,

13. chicken beer
    Yes this review is much better than the other sloppy reviews I saw. Thanks!

14. Wiljen
    Thank you both for the kind words.

15. snk8699
    I'm ready for it to be May 1st now.

16. Rlin987
    I'm ready too...I ordered it right after they refreshed the website..

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last