Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #11,626 of 16,931
  You guys sure like to confuse me, I think I am gonna buy a low end bang for the buck iem and wait for the new generation of vsonics. Now I saw a few other options in this level, such as ue 600, vsd1 and the brainwavz s1. Which do you guys think it will suit better for a warm, good in lows signature but not bassy signature and that performs well with vocals and symphonics?

brainwavz S1 new model not enough reviews, look cheap and bulky. Vsd1 have a good midbass more than gr02be or gr07be, but not enough subbass extension like gr02be, the sound is very balanced, look neat and even have something premium.

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #11,627 of 16,931
I am looking for IEMs with great bass. I cant find new Future Sonics Atrio M8.
Whats the difference between M8, M7 and M5? 
Mabye there is something new in these price range with good bass and good isolatnion?

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #11,628 of 16,931
  You guys sure like to confuse me, I think I am gonna buy a low end bang for the buck iem and wait for the new generation of vsonics. Now I saw a few other options in this level, such as ue 600, vsd1 and the brainwavz s1. Which do you guys think it will suit better for a warm, good in lows signature but not bassy signature and that performs well with vocals and symphonics?

close your eyes , and get the ue600 .

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #11,629 of 16,931

brainwavz S1 new model not enough reviews, look cheap and bulky. Vsd1 have a good midbass more than gr02be or gr07be, but not enough subbass extension like gr02be, the sound is very balanced, look neat and even have something premium.

close your eyes , and get the ue600 .

The confusion right now is overwhelming
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #11,631 of 16,931
Forgot to mention that the abridged buyer's guide has been updated with the SteelSeries Flux taking the place of the HiSoundAudio Crystal. 

The review queue at the front of this thread has also been updated.

Which would be some good iems under the 135$ mark with a warm sound signature and good for vocals?

JVC HA-FXT90 is pretty good with a non-recessed vocal presentation and good bass. It's now around $100 on ebay. The Shure SE215 is another option. The RHA MA-750 is sounding promising so far but I'm not sure what the price is on it outside of the UK.

Quadbeat 2. It's brand new. I haven't heard it (yet).

I am looking for IEMs with great bass. I cant find new Future Sonics Atrio M8.
Whats the difference between M8, M7 and M5? 
Mabye there is something new in these price range with good bass and good isolatnion?

If I remember correctly those are just the different colors. M8 = blue, M5 = black, etc. I think it's still a great option for bass and isolation. The Yamaha EPH-100 would be another. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #11,633 of 16,931
  Forgot to mention that the abridged buyer's guide has been updated with the SteelSeries Flux taking the place of the HiSoundAudio Crystal. 

The review queue at the front of this thread has also been updated.

JVC HA-FXT90 is pretty good with a non-recessed vocal presentation and good bass. It's now around $100 on ebay. The Shure SE215 is another option. The RHA MA-750 is sounding promising so far but I'm not sure what the price is on it outside of the UK.

Quadbeat 2. It's brand new. I haven't heard it (yet).

If I remember correctly those are just the different colors. M8 = blue, M5 = black, etc. I think it's still a great option for bass and isolation. The Yamaha EPH-100 would be another. 

Yeah you are right quadbeat 2 :) It is LG G2's headphone. It has 3 buttons. But need to test it. There is no review on the internet.

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #11,634 of 16,931
Which sub-$60 IEMs would be suitable for electronic/synth and female vocals? (artists such as Chvrches and Purity Ring for example)

The Monster Gratitudes are currently $59 on Amazon. They're a steal at that price and great for your kind of music.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #11,637 of 16,931
Heads up for anyone who wants a great cheap in-ear - the PNY Uptown is down to $8.99 on the official site: http://www3.pny.com/category_buymulti.aspx?Category_ID=514 . Not sure about shipping costs but this is one of the best earphones for the money - better than tons of other sub-$50 sets. 

Can't seem to find much information on the Gratitudes and Monster doesn't exactly have a good track record. 

I thought about it and I actually would say I don't want to spend more than $35 on IEMs

Something warm and smooth, with mids that aren't too recessed, would be a safe choice. Dunu Trident, Sony MH1C, even the PNYs mentioned above. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #11,639 of 16,931

Heads up for anyone who wants a great cheap in-ear - the PNY Uptown is down to $8.99 on the official site: http://www3.pny.com/category_buymulti.aspx?Category_ID=514 . Not sure about shipping costs but this is one of the best earphones for the money - better than tons of other sub-$50

$10.15 shipping. Ouch!

$10.71 shipping for me which brings the Uptowns up to $19.70. Would they still be worth purchasing at that price?

Seems kind of funny how much it costs to ship a set of IEMs from a US-based company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back