Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #11,611 of 16,931

The problem with this is that in case it gets lost or stolen in the mail you are not insured.

Well, you're not insured anyway. None of all these Asian sellers is collecting money for insuring the packages or providing such an option but if you don't receive a package the reputable sellers usually send a new package. And if the package is stolen or lost in your post office then good luck making the post office pay for it even if it has the real price on it. Hell, they won't pay even that $0.98. Actually I worry much more when the price is the real one coz this is something that someone may spot and make him steal the package and otherwise the insane taxes are draining my wallet.

Sep 28, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #11,612 of 16,931

Well, you're not insured anyway. None of all these Asian sellers is collecting money for insuring the packages or providing such an option but if you don't receive a package the reputable sellers usually send a new package. And if the package is stolen or lost in your post office then good luck making the post office pay for it even if it has the real price on it. Hell, they won't pay even that $0.98. Actually I worry much more when the price is the real one coz this is something that someone may spot and make him steal the package and otherwise the insane taxes are draining my wallet.

I won't buy anything above $50 if I cannot get it insured tbh. I buy watches from Japan and Singapore and they do insure their packages that they ship with fedex or regular post.  Just thought people should know this before they drop a couple of hundreds on something that may or may not reach to them. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #11,613 of 16,931
Nah, as I said these sellers usually send you a new package if something happens. There are destinations they won't ship to if they had previous issues with missing packages but that's it. Almost evеryone on head-fi is buying vsonic iems from LMUE without any issues.
And yeah, fedex, dhl, usps packages and such are usually insured but I try to avoid them as much as hell coz not only do I get to deal with the customs on my own but I have to pay all the taxes - even VAT on the shipping cost. Seriously, when my BH amp arrived I ended up paying close to $60 for taxes and that's just because I told DHL I'll deal with the customs on my own, so I didn't pay them brokerage fees and I convinced the clerks to not pay VAT on the shipping coz I didn't pay for it otherwise I would have ended paying like $90. Now, I don't know about you but paying $90 more to receive your $100 amp is obscene.

Sep 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #11,614 of 16,931
  Nah, as I said these sellers usually send you a new package if something happens. There are destinations they won't ship to if they had previous issues with missing packages but that's it. Almost evеryone on head-fi is buying vsonic iems from LMUE without any issues.
And yeah, fedex, dhl, usps packages and such are usually insured but I try to avoid them as much as hell coz not only do I get to deal with the customs on my own but I have to pay all the taxes - even VAT on the shipping cost. Seriously, when my BH amp arrived I ended up paying close to $60 for taxes and that's just because I told DHL I'll deal with the customs on my own, so I didn't pay them brokerage fees and I convinced the clerks to not pay VAT on the shipping coz I didn't pay for it otherwise I would have ended paying like $90. Now, I don't know about you but paying $90 more to receive your $100 amp is obscene.

I hear you. I live in Canada so I guess my experience is different. Brokerage fee of DHL is $10 + tax which is a few $$$ more and I never got charged with fedex. Having said that though, I bought multiple items from china through ebay and not all of f them arrived. They were cheap so I didn't bother with insurance. Some refunded me and some didn't. Just the other day I was reading here that someone ordered earphones and when he opened the box the earphones were missing. No go figure how you prove them that they were stolen.... it's a headache.    

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #11,615 of 16,931
Well, I think we kinda flooded this thread with offtopic but I have to say that in this case it's not about some random Chinese sellers on ebay - we're talking about reputable sellers, which in the case of LMUE may take their sweet time to respond and communicate but they always come through and people get their goods. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #11,617 of 16,931
Ljokerl could you possibly compare the Hisound Wooduo 2 and the Atrio MG7 for me? I Listen  to electronic music mostly, but I like a lively sound as well as strong deep bass. An option I've been thinking of also is getting the JVC FXT90 and equing the bass up, how would that compare to the bassy phones?

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #11,619 of 16,931
  Well, I think we kinda flooded this thread with offtopic but I have to say that in this case it's not about some random Chinese sellers on ebay - we're talking about reputable sellers, which in the case of LMUE may take their sweet time to respond and communicate but they always come through and people get their goods. 

Off-topic: In Portugal the customs problems is much much worse. You have to pay taxes from every item above 40€  or if the package is above 200gr and the little tag with the price one in does´t mean **** to them, if they feel like the item is more expensive than the price indicated they will held the package until you deliver them a buy proof, and as you can imagine that will end with you paying the value of the item 2 times.

Another interesting thing is if you a member of you familily ships to you a pair of glasses they owned, guitar chords,.... if you don´t give them a payment proof you will have to pay the taxes even if you bought the item 10 years agol... Sick customs in here.

On-topic: It will be a pain in the ass to get some good iems, with the signature I like for a decent price.

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #11,620 of 16,931
  Off-topic: In Portugal the customs problems is much much worse. You have to pay taxes from every item above 40  or if the package is above 200gr and the little tag with the price one in does´t mean **** to them, if they feel like the item is more expensive than the price indicated they will held the package until you deliver them a buy proof, and as you can imagine that will end with you paying the value of the item 2 times.

Another interesting thing is if you a member of you familily ships to you a pair of glasses they owned, guitar chords,.... if you don´t give them a payment proof you will have to pay the taxes even if you bought the item 10 years agol... Sick customs in here.

On-topic: It will be a pain in the ass to get some good iems, with the signature I like for a decent price.

Nah, everyone always thinks he has it worse. I have to pay taxes on anything that costs more than 15 euro. And this are iems, the package is super light and even if they open it, they'll see a cheap cardboard box with Chinese symbols and tacky colored tips - I doubt they'll be thinking this package costs a lot. Anyway, it's your choice. I was worried like you before but then I overcame it and now I enjoy good audio products that I want instead of settling for something I can buy locally. 
You can always go for something like the vsonic VSD1 or VSD1S. They are not on gr07's level but are very very good and a great bang for the buck at 1/3 of gr07's price.

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #11,621 of 16,931
  Ljokerl could you possibly compare the Hisound Wooduo 2 and the Atrio MG7 for me? I Listen  to electronic music mostly, but I like a lively sound as well as strong deep bass. An option I've been thinking of also is getting the JVC FXT90 and equing the bass up, how would that compare to the bassy phones?

Nevermind, I have just discovered the JVC FXZ100, which are FXT90's with a third driver, a subwoofer!, strapped to them. Basshead heaven here I come! Although I will get the higher FXZ200 model as it is improved all round.

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #11,622 of 16,931

Nevermind, I have just discovered the JVC FXZ100, which are FXT90's with a third driver, a subwoofer!, strapped to them. Basshead heaven here I come! Although I will get the higher FXZ200 model as it is improved all round.

You might wanna go to the Discovery thread and consult with the other bassheads over there coz there have been a whole bunch of new hyped iems after the fxz100/200

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #11,623 of 16,931

Nah, everyone always thinks he has it worse. I have to pay taxes on anything that costs more than 15 euro. And this are iems, the package is super light and even if they open it, they'll see a cheap cardboard box with Chinese symbols and tacky colored tips - I doubt they'll be thinking this package costs a lot. Anyway, it's your choice. I was worried like you before but then I overcame it and now I enjoy good audio products that I want instead of settling for something I can buy locally. 
You can always go for something like the vsonic VSD1 or VSD1S. They are not on gr07's level but are very very good and a great bang for the buck at 1/3 of gr07's price.

Yeah, I think I am gonna take the risk and order the gr07 since this kinda hobby is still uncharted territory in my country and no one buys iem/earphones for more than 10 euros, hope everything will end up well.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #11,625 of 16,931
You guys sure like to confuse me, I think I am gonna buy a low end bang for the buck iem and wait for the new generation of vsonics. Now I saw a few other options in this level, such as ue 600, vsd1 and the brainwavz s1. Which do you guys think it will suit better for a warm, good in lows signature but not bassy signature and that performs well with vocals and symphonics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back