Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #11,552 of 16,931
  It's still on ebay and amazon though. What do you mean the design is outdated?

It's big and not very ergonomic. I've never had an easy time with its fit. The UE900 model that replaced it is better in this regard.

So which earphones do you use most often and like best?

I probably use my UE600 the most just because it's my phone headset. 

Specifically for music my favorite is the JH13Pro FP but I use whatever customs I'm reviewing at the time more often. I also use the RE-400 and GR07 quite a bit as my grab-and-go universals. 

Another vote for the Delta review. I'd love to know how they stack up in the price range.

Noted!

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #11,555 of 16,931
  The LG Quadbeat 2 is already for sale on ebay for ~40 bucks. Measurements can be found on Goldenars.

And there is another LG headset: LG GS100. No info about that IEM on the internet.

That looks nice! Guess I have to get my hands on the Quadbeat 2 now. 

ljoker how would you compair the Audeo PFE 122 and the Vsonic gr07BE. you seem to have givin the vsonics higher ratings, wondering why?  am i wrong that they sound sonicly similar?

It depends on the filter you use. If you're using the Audeo with the gray filter (the one I like), it'll be brighter (and less natural in tone) than the GR07BE and definitely won't have the bass punch/impact of the VSonics. Definitely not a night and day difference, though.

If you use the PFE with the green filter, you'll have the bass but the clarity and overall performance would not touch the VSonics.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #11,556 of 16,931
Hey ljokerl, I recently bought the Astrotec AX7 and I was wondering why you don't like itnas much as other TWFK driver IEMs? It is overall my favourite TWFK IEM. 
Also, someone told me that you thought that it was brighter than the other TWFKs? 
Thanks. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #11,557 of 16,931
  Hey ljokerl, I recently bought the Astrotec AX7 and I was wondering why you don't like itnas much as other TWFK driver IEMs? It is overall my favourite TWFK IEM. 
Also, someone told me that you thought that it was brighter than the other TWFKs? 
Thanks. 

The tuning is odd - it has a lot of treble energy and but not enough thickness/note sustainment to support it. It even sounds thinner and less impactful than the VC1000. Using the alternate filters makes it worse. It's not terrible but it doesn't sound natural next to the VC1000 or DBA-02 mkII. 

Plus, both of my units have had a mild (but noticeable) channel imbalance. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #11,558 of 16,931

The tuning is odd - it has a lot of treble energy and but not enough thickness/note sustainment to support it. It even sounds thinner and less impactful than the VC1000. Using the alternate filters makes it worse. It's not terrible but it doesn't sound natural next to the VC1000 or DBA-02 mkII. 

Plus, both of my units have had a mild (but noticeable) channel imbalance. 

Is it maybe possible that yours is defective? Mine is a bit thicker than even the DBA-02 MKII. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #11,561 of 16,931
In my opinion. Still not enough to ignore the wonderful in ears from Vsonic. But as someone said. We have said what we can, nobody can force you. But I think that you will have a hard time finding a lot of people who are not satisfied with their Vsonic iems compared to what they paid for them. Maybe the feel (like I do) that they don't NEED their VC02 and that they don't USE them. But I think that they still think they are great performance for the money. But good luck with whatever you choose. Vsonic is a company that I trust produces good in ears. If they work and if the sellers handle returns and warranty in a good way, I don't care about their website at all.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #11,563 of 16,931
  Astrotec Am-90 Or Auidio Technica cks55x which one is the best. They are same price.

both are hugely different phones , what you want ? can you do with lesser amount of bass , do you like clarity and precision ? go for am-90 , if you want bolted mid bass and you dont care about mids and definition go for cks55x .

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #11,564 of 16,931

Is it maybe possible that yours is defective? Mine is a bit thicker than even the DBA-02 MKII. 

Yeah that's what I thought. I got it replaced and the second one was almost exactly the same. Measurements of my second one should be on InnerFidelity.

Anyway, it's not a bad earphone and the build quality is fantastic but I'd rather listen to the VC1000 or even GR01. 

Astrotec Am-90 Or Auidio Technica cks55x which one is the best. They are same price.

Never heard the CKS55x but from what I understand of the ATH lineup, suman is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back