Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #11,537 of 16,931
  i had reading the review  but not reference to the redgiant than the sound magic  

it's dommage

i think i want to ignore you from now on, or maybe not but why did you even ask us about vsonic vsd1/s, and even ask what is the difference between the vsd1 and vsd1s, when in the end, you will say you dont like vsonic. you even put it in your choices, like you narrowed it down to vsd1 and vsd1s, i dont know if you understand this and i think i dont even care. its not that you dont speak english well but, i dont know, its your logic or common sense or just your indecisiveness. im kind of annoyed, really. you put the vsonic on your choices and then after we recommend it, you tell us you dont want it. why put it in your choices in the first place. vsonics website is not updated but their products are good. i dont think any of us will convince you to get v sonic so just go for soundmagic e10. just finish this. you want suggestions but dont take ANY of them.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #11,538 of 16,931
i'm difficult , i'sorry 

just i don't like vsonic because  the website doesn't update
and i found its an error importante , a bad picture of the brands

i reading you , i' confirm that , but i need a lot information , i know you recommend me the vsonic , but i don't know 
not just an answer "" take vsd1
its exist vsd1 and vsd1S

and i search again information with redgiant 

sorry again 

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #11,539 of 16,931
I agree...Etymotics. However, etymotics do not produce a "rich" sound.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #11,540 of 16,931
  i'm difficult , i'sorry 

just i don't like vsonic because  the website doesn't update
and i found its an error importante , a bad picture of the brands

i reading you , i' confirm that , but i need a lot information , i know you recommend me the vsonic , but i don't know 
not just an answer "" take vsd1
its exist vsd1 and vsd1S

and i search again information with redgiant 

sorry again 

No problem man, dont sorry, I like your uncertainty. I was something like you (before some 40 years  
wink.gif
 ). Just relax and buy what is most sympatic for you - and the cheapest one. You have to to start somewhere... If you dont like it just RMA it. Welcome and best wishes to this very interesting hobby! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #11,541 of 16,931

No problem man, dont sorry, I like your uncertainty. I was something like you (before some 40 years  
wink.gif
 ). Just relax and buy what is most sympatic for you - and the cheapest one. You have to to start somewhere... If you dont like it just RMA it. Welcome and best wishes to this very interesting hobby! 
beerchug.gif

and madly too , confusing at times , i compare it with cameras , cameras have lesser brands and less confusing , but , your most welcome , to the maddest and most demanding hobby in this world , here you can find people with hundreds of phones , and they are still asking for more .

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #11,542 of 16,931
So Johndu13 is asking us for which IEM is recommended between Soundmagic e10, Vsonic VSD1/VSD1S and RedGiants. The unanimous vote for the VSD1S by different people and Joker himself does not jive well with them. He puts it as not a good sign that Vsonic does not keep their website up to date. But to me, it's the consumer reviews and impressions that make a company because the manufacturers will spew out market speak to sell their products.

Like I posted before, He wants so see how close the Soundmagic is to the Vsonics to justify a purchase of the Soundmagic, like a numerical value that's already posted on the reviews. But we've settled with recommending him the Soundmagic with being good too- but not the best in the price range.

I think the community has helped him enough. Good luck with your choices. Happy listening!

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #11,543 of 16,931

Yeah I think it's a little better than VC02 and LG Quadbeat. I would estimate at least an 8.2, maybe a bit higher.

VSD1 vs VC02
VSD1 is warmer in tone, fuller, and has more bass impact. It is also more sensitive
VC02 is thinner, more analytical, brighter, less bass impact but also appears a touch quicker and more textured at the low end

Now if you can just comment on isolation and microphonics too, that would be the icing on the cake
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #11,544 of 16,931
  I've had my VSonic GR06 for almost a year now(they're my first pair of IEMs), and I honestly don't think it sounds any different from any of the earbuds I've worn over the years. The only thing I like about it, and the only difference I notice, is the isolation, which I like, however, it still isn't enough sometimes.
So what's the best IEM for <$300, with at least a 4 for isolation, and better sound than the GR06?
Some of the models that fit the criteria aren't on ebay or amazon, like the ACS T15, and I also want something that looks decent, so no Etymotic Research.
How about the TripleFi 10's? They've been on the upcoming reviews for probably 3 years now, are they good? 

That's not really a lot go do on - lots of IEMs isolate well and sound better than a GR06. Something like the Yamaha EPH-100 would be a nice safe option.

The TF10 has been discontinued as far as I know. It's a good earphone but the design is a little outdated at this point. 

Now if you can just comment on isolation and microphonics too, that would be the icing on the cake
biggrin.gif

It's pretty much the same cable the VC02 uses. Cable noise is similar - not a problem if you wear them up over the ear. Isolation on the VSD1 is similar to GR06/GR07 and VC02.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #11,545 of 16,931
eestebin its right 

if i don't error , the site of vsonic   are not update and i not like this 

an i added , the vsd1 are more money than the sound magic .

so i reading the test and the bilan 

redgiant a00

or soundmagic e10

but than you anybody  for your help , maybe soon i ll take order

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #11,546 of 16,931
  eestebin its right 

if i don't error , the site of vsonic   are not update and i not like this 

an i added , the vsd1 are more money than the sound magic .

so i reading the test and the bilan 

redgiant a00

or soundmagic e10

but than you anybody  for your help , maybe soon i ll take order

i order you to buy the soundmagic e10 .
biggrin.gif
. cuz i dont know about the redgiant .

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #11,547 of 16,931
Vsonic :frowning2: such a good brand. Too bad you don't feel like you can trust them based on a website that's outdated. I bought GR07 used, then a pair of new GR07mkII just because they're worth having. Also bought a pair of VC02 which are awesome value. Going to buy VSD1(S) later just to hear how much sound you can get with <$50. It's insane really. My brief audition with E10 made them feel like McDonalds vs a home cooked traditional Bolognese with freshly made pasta. That's how I feel about Vsonic vs E10.

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #11,548 of 16,931

I've had my VSonic GR06 for almost a year now(they're my first pair of IEMs), and I honestly don't think it sounds any different from any of the earbuds I've worn over the years. The only thing I like about it, and the only difference I notice, is the isolation, which I like, however, it still isn't enough sometimes.
So what's the best IEM for <$300, with at least a 4 for isolation, and better sound than the GR06?
Some of the models that fit the criteria aren't on ebay or amazon, like the ACS T15, and I also want something that looks decent, so no Etymotic Research.
How about the TripleFi 10's? They've been on the upcoming reviews for probably 3 years now, are they good? 

That's not really a lot go do on - lots of IEMs isolate well and sound better than a GR06. Something like the Yamaha EPH-100 would be a nice safe option.

The TF10 has been discontinued as far as I know. It's a good earphone but the design is a little outdated at this point. 

It's still on ebay and amazon though. What do you mean the design is outdated?

do you mean the earbuds that came with your player?

Yeah, like the Apple ones.

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #11,549 of 16,931

Yeah, like the Apple ones.

do you still have the apple earbuds? or at least can you borrow one? because i believe if you compare the gr06 and the apple earbuds side by side, you'll notice the difference, even if you dont notice the difference in quality, youll notice that the gr06 has a different presentation. im not at all an audiophile but before you upgrade to a pricier iem, maybe try to find the difference between the gr06 and he apple earbuds. im just saying this because i have gr06 and compared to the apple earbude i have, gr06 is better.

be sure that you have a good seal on those gr06.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back