Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 27, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #10,427 of 16,931
hello joker 
smile.gif

i know you aren't done reviewing the sony mh1c but can we hear your initial impressions on them?
& also is the bass on them overpowering(even after sealing the vent)

May 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #10,428 of 16,931
Quote:
What other IEMs are similar to the IE80s in terms of soundstage and bass?

Preferably around the same cost as well. 

I've only tried the IE8, not the IE80.

The Sony EX-series earphones have the soundstage but less bass.

The FX700 has fantastic bass but isn't quite as large in terms of soundstage/headstage as the IE8. It's the closest I've heard in terms of a compromise, though.

Quote:
hello joker 
smile.gif

i know you aren't done reviewing the sony mh1c but can we hear your initial impressions on them?
& also is the bass on them overpowering(even after sealing the vent)

Yeah, I actually like it a lot. Yes, the bass towers over the mids and highs too much and isn't as tight as I would like but it has good depth and the rest of the sound is surprisingly refined. I would say they are at least on-par with the best budget stuff from VSonic, different sound signature aside. Great value at $35 or even at the MSRP. 

May 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #10,429 of 16,931
I agree, the Sony MH1C sounds pretty good for the money (for me more analytical than fun, with a timbre close to neutral) but its dreadful asymmetric ribbon cable and issues with seal or driver flex... can really pester.
My Vsonic R02 Silver, where are you?
wink.gif

May 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #10,430 of 16,931
Quote:
I agree, the Sony MH1C sounds pretty good for the money (for me more analytical than fun, with a timbre close to neutral) but its dreadful asymmetric ribbon cable and issues with seal or driver flex... can really pester.
My Vsonic R02 Silver, where are you?
wink.gif

No driver flex here but I do hate the cable. Went back to using the Dunu Detonator as my phone headset for the time being because the cable on the MH1C is just too annoying. 

May 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #10,432 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker what iem would you say has a similar sound signature with the mh1c but with a better cable and 50$?

Hmm... under $50 probably the RHA MA-350 for a similar signature, but I don't think it's as refined overall, especially in the treble region, and is a little more bass-biased as well.

May 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #10,433 of 16,931
if i connect one of my phones (Klipsch S4, id America Spark, MEElec CW31, MEElec A161P, AKG K518)
to a usb dac (like the Fiio e10 connected to a pc) instead of straight to a smartphone,
should i notice any major difference in sq?
im sorry i just havn't realized the whole headphone amp thing yet...
i read ppl saying headphone amps are useless for IEM's...yet all these pricey headphone amps are being sold... are these only useful for not-iem phones??

May 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #10,435 of 16,931
I got the M-DUO. I have taken pictures. I'll start a new thread later for the pre-review and final review.

Wow really?

How on earth did you get them so early? They aren't even on sale yet lol

May 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #10,436 of 16,931
Quote:
Wow really?

How on earth did you get them so early? They aren't even on sale yet lol

Tester + I gave MEElec a helping hand for the M-DUO Contest Promotional.

May 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #10,437 of 16,931
Tester + I gave MEElec a helping hand for the M-DUO Contest Promotional.

Aha right, I thought you'd won a contest or something lol

Looking forward to your impressions and review mate.

May 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #10,438 of 16,931
Early impressions: The M-DUO definitely has the deep bass of the MEElec M6, but it's sooooo much clearer. It's like listening to a 2.1 and the clarity is around the same level as the GR06, with the help of the EQ/Fiio E11. With burn-in, I'm very sure it'll  easily surpass the Clarity level of the GR06. Wow, but the bass detail is great. It really doesn't mess with the mid-range that much. Still the mid-range is slightly recessed. The dynamics is leaning towards slightly above average ATM. The treble is there but not edgy at all, it's more like shimmering (On the High Quality tracks).

May 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #10,439 of 16,931
Quote:
Early impressions: The M-DUO definitely has the deep bass of the MEElec M6, but it's sooooo much clearer. It's like listening to a 2.1 and the clarity is around the same level as the GR06, with the help of the EQ/Fiio E11. With burn-in, I'm very sure it'll  easily surpass the Clarity level of the GR06. Wow, but the bass detail is great. It really doesn't mess with the mid-range that much. Still the mid-range is slightly recessed. The dynamics is leaning towards slightly above average ATM. The treble is there but not edgy at all, it's more like shimmering (On the High Quality tracks).

Interesting!  Seeing as you have the JVC FXT90, how does it compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back