Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #9,511 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker, did you heard the ATH-CKM500?

Thanks!

Yep, have one right here. It's a little v-shaped but not bad overall, reminds me of the CKM99. Review coming soon. 

Quote:
Mr. Joker - what is your recommendation for a Dual/Triple BA for mostly rock. I really like the deep punchy bass and mids yet clear crisp highs. I currently have the GR07 BE and will be getting the FX700 on your recommendation but would also like an upper end BA. I already have the X10 which I like when amped but looking for an upgrade to those. Would like be around $200-$250 range but can alter that if needed. I do not need the exact same sound signature as I do like to change things up but they just cannot be bass lacking or muddy/veiled highs. Thank you Sir.

In that price range most of the dual BAs will have a TWFK, which doesn't have a whole lot of bass. You might just be best off with a plain ol' Triple.Fi 10. 

Quote:
Hi, excellent work on reviews.

I wanted to ask how would u compare soundmagic e10 to beyerdybamic dtx101e or brainwavs m4/m5?
How is the sound compared to these? Also would like to know if u have tried sony mh1c and tell hows the bass compared to soundmagic?
Looking to earphone with great bass, but also with clear and good sound

I have not heard the MH1C yet, or the Brainwavz M4. Between the E10, DTX101, and M5 the M5 is the bassiest with the most laid-back treble. The DTX101 has a similar but more balanced sound and the E10 has the least bass and is the most v-shaped, with slightly more treble energy compared to the M5 and DTX101. It's also the most spacious. 

Quote:
Thanks for responding Joker.  I wasn't very clear in my post so I will attempt to clarify.  I will be using my PFE 122's or the Hm RE 262's as the beater set but I was thinking about going the custom route for my nice set.  I don't want to go though the trouble of a custom just to get a mid level set.  I would prefer to go all the way, just from quick reading of this site and others I was thinking of the UM Miracle.  It seems like it is well balanced, (the detractors just have minor complaints and it is not an item where some hate it and some love it).  I personally prefer to spend the money up front and not spent the next 6 months worrying if I made the right choice and if another option would have been worth the money.  Let me know if you or anyone else has some advice for me.  

I have learned so much in the past 24 hours that I have been on this site.  Thanks to all.

Well, I prefer the Miracle to pretty much everything else I've reviewed here so that's an easy choice for me. You just have to have diminishing returns in mind and not expect a 5x improvement over the PFE112. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #9,512 of 16,931
I'm pondering on whether I should get the mtpc, miles Davis tribute, miles trumpet or Yamaha eph-100. I listen mostly to modern pop, hiphop, and instrumentals. I had the pfe232 before and wouldve liked a tiny bit more bass. I also look for soundstage, seperation, and isolation. What would you recommend?

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #9,514 of 16,931
Feb 10, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #9,515 of 16,931
Quote:

I have not heard the MH1C yet, or the Brainwavz M4. Between the E10, DTX101, and M5 the M5 is the bassiest with the most laid-back treble. The DTX101 has a similar but more balanced sound and the E10 has the least bass and is the most v-shaped, with slightly more treble energy compared to the M5 and DTX101. It's also the most spacious. 

Thanks for answer. Looking for deep, good bass but which doesnt desort other frequences like mids and such. I heard hippo vb has clear mids with amazing bass. So which one would u recommend m5, hippo vb or dtx101ie? 

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #9,516 of 16,931

Hi all Head-Fi'ers / Head-Fi addict / Audiophiliac or whatever they said...
atsmile.gif

greetings I'm a newbie,
I didn't see Brainwavz R1 on the first page...
I want to ask about comparison Brainwavz R1 vs MEElec M6 vs Soundmagic E30
because three of them are over the ear types under $50
it will very precious for me about your advice.

Thanks before
Bless U All

*Sorry for my bad english
blink.gif

or please answer on my thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/650512/ask-comparison-brainwavz-r1-vs-meelec-m6-vs-soundmagic-e30-over-the-ear-under-50

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #9,517 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks for answer. Looking for deep, good bass but which doesnt desort other frequences like mids and such. I heard hippo vb has clear mids with amazing bass. So which one would u recommend m5, hippo vb or dtx101ie? 

The VB has good deep bass but not much mid-bass. In that respect it has the least bass bleed but I'm not sure that's the type of bass you are looking for. It's definitely not the type of bass I think of when I see a request for "bass-heavy" earphones. I would say M5 (bassier) or DTX101 (more balanced) would both be good options.  

Quote:

Hi all Head-Fi'ers / Head-Fi addict / Audiophiliac or whatever they said...
atsmile.gif

greetings I'm a newbie,
I didn't see Brainwavz R1 on the first page...
I want to ask about comparison Brainwavz R1 vs MEElec M6 vs Soundmagic E30
because three of them are over the ear types under $50
it will very precious for me about your advice.

Thanks before
Bless U All

*Sorry for my bad english
blink.gif

or please answer on my thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/650512/ask-comparison-brainwavz-r1-vs-meelec-m6-vs-soundmagic-e30-over-the-ear-under-50

I have not reviewed the R1. Between the M6 and E30 I would always go for the E30 unless you must have the heavier bass of the M6.

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #9,518 of 16,931
I currently got a V Sonic GR06. Here's my problem. They're too sensitive, and I get headaches from the noise / slight hiss. On my ipod touch it's fairly evident, but out of my iPhone it's headache inducing. And considering I only use IEMs with portables sources, I don't see a portable dac as a solution. I also don't want to deal with the weight/size of another device on my portable rig.

I was thinking about selling my GR06 for $40-$50 and get something under $100 that has a fairly dark background. Any opinions? 

I also got a pair of MH1c, but I can't use them as my daily IEMs. They're too uncomfortable and have channel imbalance issues after an hour of use. It also doesn't help that they have too much bass, which makes them sound veiled to my ears.

I was looking at the Ety HF5. I like fairly neutral sound signatures.

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #9,519 of 16,931
Quote:
I currently got a V Sonic GR06. Here's my problem. They're too sensitive, and I get headaches from the noise / slight hiss. On my ipod touch it's fairly evident, but out of my iPhone it's headache inducing. And considering I only use IEMs with portables sources, I don't see a portable dac as a solution. I also don't want to deal with the weight/size of another device on my portable rig.

I was thinking about selling my GR06 for $40-$50 and get something under $100 that has a fairly dark background. Any opinions? 

I also got a pair of MH1c, but I can't use them as my daily IEMs. They're too uncomfortable and have channel imbalance issues after an hour of use. It also doesn't help that they have too much bass, which makes them sound veiled to my ears.

Just a thought to tide you over. Try putting a piece of tape over the little vent on the top of the MH1C. It doesn't cure the insane bass, but it does get rid of some of it. They do have decent, smooth treble and mids, it's just hidden. They're not the best, but the quick mod may buy you a bit more time to find something that's closer to what you want.

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #9,521 of 16,931
Hi ljokerl.
Magnificent stuff. Your review of 1964 ears V3 made me want to jump into CIEM waters there and then.
Now I made my appointment for the impressions and will proceed to order next week.
One thing i still need to figure out is whether I can wear the phones over the ear, the anatomy of my right ear is an obstacle in tgat regard. Anyhow i digress.
What actually triggered my post was what i found in the 1964 ears appreciation thread (see pic).
I'm glad you changed your mind on 1964 and smile at the pist from memory lane.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #9,522 of 16,931
"In that price range most of the dual BAs will have a TWFK, which doesn't have a whole lot of bass. You might just be best off with a plain ol' Triple.Fi 10."

So how far do I need to go up in price to get decent bass and punch out of a BA? (The triples do not fit me well at all)

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #9,523 of 16,931
Quote:

The HF5 should be good - it's not very sensitive and very well-balanced. The HiFiMan RE-400 may be another good one.

Quote:
Hi ljokerl.
Magnificent stuff. Your review of 1964 ears V3 made me want to jump into CIEM waters there and then.
Now I made my appointment for the impressions and will proceed to order next week.
One thing i still need to figure out is whether I can wear the phones over the ear, the anatomy of my right ear is an obstacle in tgat regard. Anyhow i digress.

I think memory wire makes it easier to get used to over-the-ear fit compared to over-the-ear sets without memory wire. The 1964-V3 has average-length memory wire which is good. A few of my customs have very short memory sections which can be an annoyance. 

Quote:
What actually triggered my post was what i found in the 1964 ears appreciation thread (see pic).
I'm glad you changed your mind on 1964 and smile at the pist from memory lane.

False start - it happens.

Quote:
"In that price range most of the dual BAs will have a TWFK, which doesn't have a whole lot of bass. You might just be best off with a plain ol' Triple.Fi 10."

So how far do I need to go up in price to get decent bass and punch out of a BA? (The triples do not fit me well at all)

Earsonics SM2/SM3 or Westone 3/UM3X, I suppose. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #9,524 of 16,931
Hey joker! 
Looking at IEM's that will do justice to hip-hop/edm and recreate a club-like experience... I was looking at Yamaha EPH-100 mainly
Is this the best option? Could you direct me to other IEM's that might be better

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #9,525 of 16,931
Quote:
Hey joker! 
Looking at IEM's that will do justice to hip-hop/edm and recreate a club-like experience... I was looking at Yamaha EPH-100 mainly
Is this the best option? Could you direct me to other IEM's that might be better

Depends on what you mean by club-like and how much you are willing to spend. The EPH-100 is great for a bass-heavy (but not overly bassy) sound with good mids and a good sense of space, especially for the price. If that's what you want by all means go for it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back