Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 19, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #9,376 of 16,931
hi everyone! i'm a new headfier, this whole review is awesome. i only have meelec sp51 which i saved for 2 months to buy.
i'm a basshead guy so i came to the idea of removing the filters inside the silver/metallic ports and "drilled" slightly larger holes
on them, and wow there it is larger bass suited for me.

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #9,377 of 16,931
Quote:
hi everyone! i'm a new headfier, this whole review is awesome. i only have meelec sp51 which i saved for 2 months to buy.
i'm a basshead guy so i came to the idea of removing the filters inside the silver/metallic ports and "drilled" slightly larger holes
on them, and wow there it is larger bass suited for me.

Doesn't removing the filters just turn the silver/metallic ports in the black ports? I think filter presence/thickness is how they all differ. You can also just leave the ports off altogether, though that makes the bass quite uncontrolled. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #9,379 of 16,931
Quote:
Could you do a comparison between the j-phonic K2 SP, Earsonics SM3, and Audeo PFE232? Thanks!

I don't think you can get the K2 SP anymore and the other two don't sound anything alike. I feel like this needs restating:

Quote:
I don't mind doing comparison but they do take time. If you're asking only out of curiosity, I recommend just reading the reviews. If you're actually looking to make a buying decision, it might be best for you to state what you're looking for. It's easier for me to say which fits your criteria better than to come up with a from-memory comparison of two products you might not even want in the first place.

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #9,381 of 16,931
ljokerl,

You know what I think?

I think you should take some vacations far from head-fi. You have done and still is doing a marvelous and incredible job here, simply reviewing extensively and compartively lots and lots of headphones, and it's impossible to count how many people between forum members and lurkers that you have helped. 

Just to think about the amount of money, headache and buyer's remorse you have been saving a lot of people from is enough to show the value of this thread. Not only that, the fact you are readily accessible and willing to answer everyone's questions (not forgeting the whole lot of other people that helps this thread too) is in itself more than any seller that I've know have done for their clients, it's much closer to what someone does to his or her friends.

I belive you deserve and earned the right for a break!

What about writing reviews about drinks or beaches?
   That's something I would love to read!!

And again, my thanks for you and all the great people in this thread and in head-fi

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #9,382 of 16,931
Quote:
Hey joker, will you be reviewing the TDK BA200 in the near future? Any brief idea of how it compares to the Rockit R50?

Thanks

I haven't heard the BA200 yet. I'll try and fit it in some time this year. 

Quote:
ljokerl,

You know what I think?

I think you should take some vacations far from head-fi. You have done and still is doing a marvelous and incredible job here, simply reviewing extensively and compartively lots and lots of headphones, and it's impossible to count how many people between forum members and lurkers that you have helped. 

Just to think about the amount of money, headache and buyer's remorse you have been saving a lot of people from is enough to show the value of this thread. Not only that, the fact you are readily accessible and willing to answer everyone's questions (not forgeting the whole lot of other people that helps this thread too) is in itself more than any seller that I've know have done for their clients, it's much closer to what someone does to his or her friends.

I belive you deserve and earned the right for a break!

What about writing reviews about drinks or beaches?
   That's something I would love to read!!

And again, my thanks for you and all the great people in this thread and in head-fi

beerchug.gif
 I appreciate that and agree
tongue.gif
. Still quite a few pending reviews to complete but I'll be sure to take the break if I can ever get out of this rut.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #9,383 of 16,931
Hi everyone!

I don't know if this is the best thread to ask this, but... My CX300 cable broke and I'm looking for new IEMs around $70.

The IEMs I was looking at are:
Vsonic GR04, GR06
Rockit R30
(all for lendmeurears prices)

I listen to all kinds of music, except hiphop, rap maybe. Which one would be the best choice? Or any other recommendation within my budget?

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #9,384 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi everyone!

I don't know if this is the best thread to ask this, but... My CX300 cable broke and I'm looking for new IEMs around $70.

Vsonic GR04, GR06
Rockit R30

I listen to all kinds of music, except hiphop, rap maybe. Which one would be the best choice? Or any other recommendation within my budget?

The GR04 Flagship are AWESOME! They are supposed to best the GR06, what type of music do you listen to? Also, consider the VC02.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #9,385 of 16,931
Quote:
The GR04 Flagship are AWESOME! They are supposed to best the GR06, what type of music do you listen to? Also, consider the VC02.

I see. Thank you!
My listening mostly consists of metal (heavy, metalcore), rock (all kinds), a lot of movie soundtracks and also electronic music, exclusively instrumental like Rom Di Prisco, Deadmau5. Occasionally some Pop.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #9,386 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Vsonic GR04, GR06
Rockit R30

I haven't heard the GR04 but the GR06 and R30 both sound quite good with modern music. The GR06 is more mid-forward but also has better bass impact. The R-30 is a little more laid-back but has an advantage in overall balance and treble smoothness. Really depends on what you think you'll like better. The R30 may seem a little bass-light after the CX300 but it's got good bass for a single armature and will be a big step up in clarity.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #9,387 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Vsonic GR04, GR06
Rockit R30

I haven't heard the GR04 but the GR06 and R30 both sound quite good with modern music. The GR06 is more mid-forward but also has better bass impact. The R-30 is a little more laid-back but has an advantage in overall balance and treble smoothness. Really depends on what you think you'll like better. The R30 may seem a little bass-light after the CX300 but it's got good bass for a single armature and will be a big step up in clarity.

If you like your bass, the MH1C may be a good choice. It's nice, cheap, and has gobs of bass.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #9,388 of 16,931
ljokerl,

I have a question for you, although it's not about iems, it's about an amp in your profile, the heed canamp, I would like your impressions about it (if you have it already written, please, just send the link). I hear it once, and like it, but I haven't found a lot of reviews about it here in head-fi.

thanks

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #9,389 of 16,931
Quote:
ljokerl,

I have a question for you, although it's not about iems, it's about an amp in your profile, the heed canamp, I would like your impressions about it (if you have it already written, please, just send the link). I hear it once, and like it, but I haven't found a lot of reviews about it here in head-fi.

thanks

I haven't written anything about the Heed for two reasons

1. It's my only proper full-size amp, so I have no real basis for proper comparison when I say it sounds 'good'
2. It's not stock. The are quite a few mods performed by the previous owner meant to get it to sound its best with the AKG K601. I don't have a list of those mods on hand, unfortunately. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #9,390 of 16,931
Hi ljokerl,

Thanks for all the effort that you put into these review. It's amazing and I can't read all of them so I will just ask you here.
Can you please recommend me an universal fit/ciem neutrual sound with liquid mids and slight emphasis on bass (LCD2.2, Mad Dog or Vmoda M100 equalivent)? The lower the price the better.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back