Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #8,536 of 16,931
Quote:
I much prefer the UE900 over the TF10. The TF10 sounds very disharmonic to my ears. Even though its bass performance is incredible I prefer most dynamics over the Triple Fi. I also didn't like the Shure SE535 so I picked the W4 at the time. Some things did bother me and it is too mellow for my taste. The UE900 improves in that aspect.

The UE900 has a very light veil over vocals, yes, but it's far less prominent than with the W4. Soundstage of the UE is smaller, but also more intimate whereas the Westone has a much further distance and mostly expanding left and right.
One big problem with the W4 is that the bass loses all of its punch at lower volumes. It just disappears. Bass quantity scales with volume which bothers me a lot - yet you cannot get rid of the mid/upper bass and lower mids hump without proper EQ. With the Logitech I can listen at very low volumes and still have dirty bass punch on Hip-Hop tracks.
If you don't mind the points above, I think the W4 is the slightly better IEM. Personally, I prefer the UE900.

Build quality and comfort is amazing with both. I prefer the aggressive blue looks of the Logitech as it's a kinda offensive punch towards Monster Beats. :D
On other days I might prefer the humble black plastic and skinny cable of the Westone 4.

The UE900 are starting to get more and more apealing, as I keep reading very good reviews and impressions about them... Ultrazino, from the location in your profile, you live in Germany, right? Can you tell me where did you get your UE900, please? PM me if you like... 

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #8,539 of 16,931
Quote:

The UE900 are starting to get more and more apealing, as I keep reading very good reviews and impressions about them... Ultrazino, from the location in your profile, you live in Germany, right? Can you tell me where did you get your UE900, please? PM me if you like... 

Yes the UE900's appear very good - I'm debating between those and the Audeo PFE 232's... the 232's are better for my use I think - at the same price or even for $100 more than the UE900's, i'll take the 232's.  But I'm waiting another few weeks to see what happens on pricing on both.  In particular, I hope the brand new UE900's take some kind of (significant - 20% or more) drop, especially around Black Friday in the U.S.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #8,540 of 16,931
Quote:
Yes the UE900's appear very good - I'm debating between those and the Audeo PFE 232's... the 232's are better for my use I think - at the same price or even for $100 more than the UE900's, i'll take the 232's.  But I'm waiting another few weeks to see what happens on pricing on both.  In particular, I hope the brand new UE900's take some kind of (significant - 20% or more) drop, especially around Black Friday in the U.S.

The 232s are an improvement (overall, not totoal) over the 900s.  Even though the TF10s take large dives during Black Friday, I don't see it happening with the UE900 anytime soon.  It could though, but I do see it happening.

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #8,541 of 16,931
[size=medium]This thread would be incomplete without the Nuforce NE-600, its got to be in this comparison. [/size]
[size=medium]Looking forward to seeing the "Sound" score on these as compared to others.[/size]

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #8,542 of 16,931
After a couple weeks of deliberation I decided to give thinksound one last try and received the MS01s yesterday. I'm really enjoying the signature but they're noticeably sibilant even at low volume to the point of being fatiguing. Is something that's supposed to get better with burn in or would you say this is just the nature of these IEMs?

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #8,547 of 16,931
Quote:
This thread would be incomplete without the Nuforce NE-600, its got to be in this comparison.
Looking forward to seeing the "Sound" score on these as compared to others.

Lose the extra accessories, put in cheaper casing and cable. The case is lighter and easier to fit though, so you can add at least 0,5 in Comfort.
I'd say, 1/3 as durable from my cursory look at them. Tuning is very similar to NE-700. Tinge more bass and impact specifically, bit more midrange bleed, bit smoother sound. Lower fidelity in general.

I'd say they're very competitive in their price range, if not one of the better basshead picks altogether. Their main problem is VSonic GR99.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #8,548 of 16,931
Quote:

Lose the extra accessories, put in cheaper casing and cable. The case is lighter and easier to fit though, so you can add at least 0,5 in Comfort.
I'd say, 1/3 as durable from my cursory look at them. Tuning is very similar to NE-700. Tinge more bass and impact specifically, bit more midrange bleed, bit smoother sound. Lower fidelity in general.

I'd say they're very competitive in their price range, if not one of the better basshead picks altogether. Their main problem is VSonic GR99.

How do they compare with the gr99 and why don't i see any hf threads on this ?

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #8,549 of 16,931
Quote:
I much prefer the UE900 over the TF10. The TF10 sounds very disharmonic to my ears. Even though its bass performance is incredible I prefer most dynamics over the Triple Fi. I also didn't like the Shure SE535 so I picked the W4 at the time. Some things did bother me and it is too mellow for my taste. The UE900 improves in that aspect.

The UE900 has a very light veil over vocals, yes, but it's far less prominent than with the W4. Soundstage of the UE is smaller, but also more intimate whereas the Westone has a much further distance and mostly expanding left and right.
One big problem with the W4 is that the bass loses all of its punch at lower volumes. It just disappears. Bass quantity scales with volume which bothers me a lot - yet you cannot get rid of the mid/upper bass and lower mids hump without proper EQ. With the Logitech I can listen at very low volumes and still have dirty bass punch on Hip-Hop tracks.
If you don't mind the points above, I think the W4 is the slightly better IEM. Personally, I prefer the UE900.

Build quality and comfort is amazing with both. I prefer the aggressive blue looks of the Logitech as it's a kinda offensive punch towards Monster Beats. :D
On other days I might prefer the humble black plastic and skinny cable of the Westone 4.

Thanks for the impressions, no arguments here. The TF10 has some coherence issues, which are more obvious next to a good dynamic-driver IEM than the UE900. I actually preferred the (lowly) Yamaha EPH-100 over the TF10 much of the time as a result.  

Quote:

I really wouldn't count on it but I suppose anything is possible. Depends on how aggressive Logitech wants to be with pushing the new UE lineup.

Quote:
[size=medium]This thread would be incomplete without the Nuforce NE-600, its got to be in this comparison. [/size]
[size=medium]Looking forward to seeing the "Sound" score on these as compared to others.[/size]

I think it's safe to say that this thread will never be complete in the grand sense. 

Quote:
After a couple weeks of deliberation I decided to give thinksound one last try and received the MS01s yesterday. I'm really enjoying the signature but they're noticeably sibilant even at low volume to the point of being fatiguing. Is something that's supposed to get better with burn in or would you say this is just the nature of these IEMs?

I didn't really listen to them out of the box. My pair was okay on records that didn't have recorded sibilance - definitely not the smoothest treble but not as offensive as the old TS01.

Quote:
ljokerl,

What the best in soundstage department(full body) with "warm" sound? (no custom)

IE8, FX700, maybe Radius TWF-21 if you like your treble very smooth. 

Quote:

Etymotic. It achieves this clarity by having comparatively little bass, and thin notes.

I think it's safe to say nothing in the universal realm, at least from what I've heard, will outright "beat" the ER4S in clarity. An argument can be made for the Final Audio FI-BA-SS but probably shouldn't be...

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #8,550 of 16,931
Quote:
How do they compare with the gr99 and why don't i see any hf threads on this ?

It's cheap and Head-Fi regulars tend to gravitate towards more expensive, usually better, IEMs.

I haven't heard GR99 itself, it's supposedly somewhat unlike other VSonic IEMs. VSonic unfortunately isn't directly available in Europe, as opposed to their competitor brand, Brainwavz.
I have heard NE-600M though vs NE-700M and they're close enough.

Quote:
I think it's safe to say nothing in the universal realm, at least from what I've heard, will outright "beat" the ER4S in clarity. An argument can be made for the Final Audio FI-BA-SS but probably shouldn't be...

Hmm. I do agree that ER4S is one of the fastest and least resonant drivers out there, but I find the signature to be doing them a huge disservice, with a large 2-4kHz boost. It also shares the lack of bass impact with most other balanced armatures.
Etys were made for KEMAR with small pinnae, which is not considered the most accurate one. (I had some nice paper on HAT simulators somewhere. KEMAR is best, but with large pinnae.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back