Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #8,266 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:
How does the SHE3575 compare, because I found those for $7 shipped on Amazon...

Also, thoughts on the MEElec M16, they're on sale, too, and they have a signature I would prefer, anyone have those and the SHEs?

should be same thing. 

Great, thanks for the info. Also, for the record, this is my 500th post!

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #8,267 of 16,931
Quote:

Have not heard the mkII. Custom silicone tips should help with isolation but it will depend on how deep they are. The vent on the GR07 is very small, I highly doubt it will make a significant difference in isolation. 

Regarding the upgrade, I am tempted to say PFE232 but it's such a small difference that I have trouble justifying the $400 price hike on sound quality alone. 

Is a custom tip that ends just short of the second bend fairly deep?  Not sure how far my current tips go so don't really have a basis for comparison.

Also, if I wanted to get a cheaper pair of IEMs with a similar sound signature, what would be a good option?  Would the GR02 Bass Edition make sense?

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #8,268 of 16,931
i dont like the klipsch s4 either to be honest
from the same reasons!...too harsh and sibilant
and lots of things sound unnatural
but the id america spark....thats a real fantastic phone
real amazing sound....
well im gonna still use it but im also getting
the meelecs cw31 :)
thanks suman and joker!!

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #8,269 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm looking for some inexpensive IEMs for my phone with a mic. I'm assuming M9P is the way to go?

I still enjoy my M9P. It's not as good as the SHE3580 but works well as a headset for my phone. Cable noise is low compared to the Philips and the sound is not immediately offensive to me as with many other sub-$20 IEMs. I can't listen to my Panasonic HJE120 for more than 10 minutes without thinking about everything it lacks. 

Quote:
It's been three weeks since i asked for help in this topic, two people recommended me the GR04 Pro Flagship, so i did a little research than i bought them.. Arrived last week.

They are so awesome! I can feel a huge defference comparing them to my previous GR99, the overall clarity and detail are just sweet, they are very good with all the kinds of music i listen to, with a little EQing for the most bass-heavy songs.

The selection of tips is impressive, and the build quality is great.. looking at details like the adjustable metal nozzles, and the large cable cinch is really satisfying!

I listen to them straight from my clip+ and i couldn't be happier, i didn't believe they could be such a great product for 40€, Thanks guys!

Glad you've found something you like! Sounds like a great deal. 

Quote:
Joker and Suman, thanks a lot for the advice......
i just have one last question :)
would the meelec cw31 be a noticable downgrade from my
id america spark and klipsch image s4?
i think i'd try harder to get used to 'em if it is.
the sparks have such a fantastic sound, i couldn't ask more.
anyway i'm really thinking seriously about the meelec cw31.
thank you guys so much!

The CW31 and S4 don't really sound anything alike. CW31 is pretty balanced, with a bump in the bass and good mids, and treble that's a bit too soft. The S4 is quite bass- and treble-heavy. The Spark is too, but doesn't go overboard like the S4.

Quote:
How does the SHE3575 compare, because I found those for $7 shipped on Amazon...

Also, thoughts on the MEElec M16, they're on sale, too, and they have a signature I would prefer, anyone have those and the SHEs?

The M16 sounds somewhat like the M9 with weaker bass and less recessed mids. I think the strong, deep bass is one of the things that make the M9 special so I don't really like the M16 any better. And I certainly don't like it as much as my SHE3580. I would put the performance of the 3580 closer to the CW31/A151 level than the M9/M16. 

Quote:

Is a custom tip that ends just short of the second bend fairly deep?  Not sure how far my current tips go so don't really have a basis for comparison.

Also, if I wanted to get a cheaper pair of IEMs with a similar sound signature, what would be a good option?  Would the GR02 Bass Edition make sense?

Thanks!

I think that really depends on the shape of your ear - Ety triple flanges go to the second bend for me but for some they are shallower than that. 

Cheaper than GR07 but with a somewhat similar signature - the pickings are pretty slim. The GR02 is way bassier. Maybe an ECCI PR401 or UE500, or even Soundmagic E30 at the way low end. 

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #8,270 of 16,931
gr02 is with huge bass , and dont fit the bill , i agree with joker ue400/500 will do . but may not agree about e30 , e30 is a disappointment for me , lacks the treble spark badly , still have good bass and pleasing mids .

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #8,271 of 16,931
What would you recommend for an in-ear with a good amount of bass for dubstep, without muddling the vocals for hip-hop and such? I was looking at the SE215, but I bet there are other options. At around $100-200. I find my Sennheiser HD-25 to be a bit boring by the way.

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #8,272 of 16,931
how could Cnet.com be so excited about the klipsch s4?
i just dont understand...i was so disappointed of the sound...
the harshness and sibilance...and the treble sound so unnatural
how could it be??

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #8,273 of 16,931
Quote:
gr02 is with huge bass , and dont fit the bill , i agree with joker ue400/500 will do . but may not agree about e30 , e30 is a disappointment for me , lacks the treble spark badly , still have good bass and pleasing mids .

I would pick the UE500 or PR401 over the E30 as well but here in the US there's a pretty big price difference. UE500 runs $60-70 and the PR401 is even more expensive. 

Quote:
What would you recommend for an in-ear with a good amount of bass for dubstep, without muddling the vocals for hip-hop and such? I was looking at the SE215, but I bet there are other options. At around $100-200. I find my Sennheiser HD-25 to be a bit boring by the way.

The SE215 is a nice pick with inoffensive sound and enhanced but not overpowering bass. However, I would consider its sound less exciting than that of the HD25. Without knowing exactly why you find the HD25 boring I would recommend a JVC FXT90 in that price range - it's got a nicely forward sound with solid bass.

Quote:
how could it be??

Cnet reviewers really aren't audiophiles, except of course for Steve Guttenberg but he tends to rave about everything. I wouldn't go to cnet for audio reviews - if not Head-Fi then Sound & Vision or InnerFidelity or someone else at least mildly specializing in audio.

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #8,276 of 16,931
Quote:
how could it be??

you know C.net puts ipod touch as the best mp3 player . and their reviews are hit by less number of quality phone reviews . and yeah , doubt that there are many good reviewers in there . and the s4 is just pumped by i think a v shape sound lover . or may be paid by makers .

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #8,277 of 16,931
Quote:
How would the vpulse compete against the turbine?

Very well, they have a pretty similar sound. The vPulse is a little more sub-bass oriented while the Turbine has more mid-bass bloat with a warmer sound but otherwise they won't differ much. 

Quote:
Sennheiser cx200 / cx 400 / cx 500 vs. Meelec cw31...?
for heavy metal...

Only heard the CX200/CX250. It's wasn't bad but the cable was microphonic and it didn't really wow me overall. Might work well for metal, though.

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #8,278 of 16,931
Quote:
Sennheiser cx200 / cx 400 / cx 500 vs. Meelec cw31...?
for heavy metal...

cx 500 was good , better sound stage , good smooth bass , didnt lagged like 200 /400 , has better mids and good highs , two cables 60cm and 60 cm , but not par with the modern phones , and its 5years old iem , and been out of production for last two years . so cw31 which is two years old is far better choice . i think pr401 as joker shaded light has shallow fit too but is pricy . cw31 has lower bass , keep that is mind . for me i like the signature of both in their own prospective . but cw31 is good .

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #8,279 of 16,931
Thanks Joker for your reviews. You look competent and I appreciate it a lot.

I've had a lot of problems and I'm sick of my former IEM's; Fischer, NuForce(poor), Epson and Etymotic because of their build quality in the sense that they all get glitches in the cables around the plugs or the housing. So I think I'm going for the
Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition - which, with it's supposedly strong cables look like something more durable and looks very affordable..

Do you know where I can buy a proper version of exactly the
GR02 Bass, with international shipping, that you reviewed? Confusion seem to arrive when Vsonic apparently like to name their IEM's with the similiar names.

Fun to hear your're from SM. I love that city.

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #8,280 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks Joker for your reviews. You look competent and I appreciate it a lot.

I've had a lot of problems and I'm sick of my former IEM's; Fischer, NuForce(poor), Epson and Etymotic because of their build quality in the sense that they all get glitches in the cables around the plugs or the housing. So I think I'm going for the
Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition - which, with it's supposedly strong cables look like something more durable and looks very affordable..

Do you know where I can buy a proper version of exactly the
GR02 Bass, with international shipping, that you reviewed? Confusion seem to arrive when Vsonic apparently like to name their IEM's with the similiar names.

Fun to hear your're from SM. I love that city.

http://lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=13&products_id=143 is an authorized seller of Vsonic. That's the real bass version, so you don't have to worry.

edit: Also, I saw that in another thread you were worrying about the plug - it comes with J-plug unless Vsonic changed the plug in the last batches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back