Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 25, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #8,236 of 16,931
Quote:
hello!
i was interested in the Soundmagic e10 because the id America Spark
just go too deep into my ear canals and it bothers me
does the Soundmagic e10 make for a shallower fit?
thanks

e10 is not different , why dont you try some larger tips . or you need some thing with bigger shell that dont get inside . some thing that has 13.5mm driver unit or like e30 .

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #8,239 of 16,931
Hi ljokerl, just a couple quick questions:

1) Have you gotten a chance to hear the GR07 Mk. 2?  If so, what are your impressions of them vs. the Mk. 1?
2) I'm strongly considering getting custom silicone tips made for the GR07s - do you believe this would significantly improve isolation?  Or does the fact that they're vented mean that the stock single-flanges are about as good as isolation is going to get?
3) I'm very happy with the GR07s for now, but if I wanted to upgrade, what higher-end IEM has a similar signature?  I particularly don't want anything with more bass or more pronounced treble, as I seem to be sensitive to that stuff.

Thanks!

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #8,240 of 16,931
Quote:
Could you check out ultimate ears 600 these have got some rave reviews on amazon. i definitely would want to know where it stands in the chart. thanks in advance

if joker ranks eph-100 at 8.9 , ue 600 with a bit less bass and nearly flat spectrum with awesome sound stage , beautiful highs and entertaining mids , i with my personal experience will rate it at 8.5 ( i prefer ue 600 amount of bass , if i liked more bass it may have be different ) . and at just $80 its one of my best buy , may not be strongly build , but not bad . if you are thinking , i will say you are just wasting time in thinking m just go for it if you can do with it .

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #8,241 of 16,931
Quote:

The Miracle.. I don't suppose that's a surprise. It's still the best I've heard by a margin. The only thing that I thought may have been clsoe was a Rooth quad BA + dynamic hybrid (forgot the name). I only spent a few minutes with it, though. 

That has to be the LSX5/LS5X - probably a Merlin-like sound - average_joe posted a review (with other Rooth customs) in May, impressed with the depth and neutrality.

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #8,242 of 16,931
Hi All,

I stumbled across head-fi.org a little while ago when I decided on purchasing a new pair of earphones.

Looking at the threads i've found the choice of earphones overwhelming and I was hoping you guys could advise me on a pair of earphones. Unfortunately I won't have the opportunity to try before I buy so your views are important.

My music taste vary, however what i'm looking for a pair of earphones that provide clarity, crisp vocals, detail between the mids and the highs a good but not overwhelming bass response. I will be using the earphones with my iPhone 4s on my journey to and from work and in the gym so build quality is important.

I've included a couple of links below which should give you an idea of the tracks I will be listening to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9zBkXCz1KU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--tg0mQf8Zo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSbWfBZIjgE

My budget is £350.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

I'm thinking either the west one 4r which will cost me £270 or the phonak audeo pfe232 at £400. Should I be aware of any others???? Was considering the shure 535 but reads they lack in the bass department.

Have seen the UE 900 how do they compare against the above?

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #8,243 of 16,931
Quote:

They're two of the best sub-$200 earphones I've heard and seem to suit what you are asking for. I haven't heard everything that's out there, though.

Not sure why you, AstralStorm, and ClieOS all picked the Sennheiser IE8s last for my requirements. From what I've heard from others, they seem like really good headphones. Could you tell why they aren't too good for my style?

Also, what would you recommend if I stretched my budget to $300?

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #8,244 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi All,

I stumbled across head-fi.org a little while ago when I decided on purchasing a new pair of earphones.

Looking at the threads i've found the choice of earphones overwhelming and I was hoping you guys could advise me on a pair of earphones. Unfortunately I won't have the opportunity to try before I buy so your views are important.

My music taste vary, however what i'm looking for a pair of earphones that provide clarity, crisp vocals, detail between the mids and the highs a good but not overwhelming bass response. I will be using the earphones with my iPhone 4s on my journey to and from work and in the gym so build quality is important.

I've included a couple of links below which should give you an idea of the tracks I will be listening to:

My budget is £350.

I'm thinking either the west one 4r which will cost me £270 or the phonak audeo pfe232 at £400. Should I be aware of any others???? Was considering the shure 535 but reads they lack in the bass department.

THANK YOU for introducing me to Phaeleh! I can't believe I have't heard anything from him before.

With that said, the Vsonic GR07 MKII will probably be your best bet. Like those songs, it has almost all it's bass emphasis in the sub regions, has clear, extended treble, and a very good midrange.

Once again, thanks.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #8,245 of 16,931
Quote:

e10 is not different , why dont you try some larger tips . or you need some thing with bigger shell that dont get inside . some thing that has 13.5mm driver unit or like e30 .

Thanks Suman!
does the e30 make for a shallower fit than the e10 / id america spark?
i did try larger eartips but that didnt help.
i dont have big ears but i dont like the tips touching my inner ear canal.
the sennheiser cx300 i used to have were so comfortable! im looking for this
exact sort of fit.
so now im thinking of the e30 / e10..
is the e30 isolation really bad?

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #8,246 of 16,931
I see MEE A161 is now listed as a copy of Fischer SBA-03.

Are we 100% certain it's exactly the same thing on the inside? I recall Joe from MEE saying they were tweaked to their specs. I haven't heard either model so I can't tell.

Either way even if they sound the same, the packaging differs, it would be wise to mention that and change the accessories rating accordingly IMHO.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #8,247 of 16,931
Quote:
hello!
i was interested in the Soundmagic e10 because the id America Spark
just go too deep into my ear canals and it bothers me
does the Soundmagic e10 make for a shallower fit?
thanks

Shallower but probably not shallow enough, Maybe try something with an angled-nozzle type fit, such as a Brainwavz Beta?

Quote:
Joker, which IEM have best definition: SM3, EX1000, W4, PFE 232, CK10 or DBA-02 MKII?

Thanks!

It would be pretty close between the DBA/CK10, EX1000, and PFE 232 - they are all very crisp-sounding. Tempted to say DBA-02 mkII but you'd have to A:B between them listening specifically for that. The SM3 would have the most smoothed-over response for sure.

Quote:
Hi ljokerl, just a couple quick questions:

1) Have you gotten a chance to hear the GR07 Mk. 2?  If so, what are your impressions of them vs. the Mk. 1?
2) I'm strongly considering getting custom silicone tips made for the GR07s - do you believe this would significantly improve isolation?  Or does the fact that they're vented mean that the stock single-flanges are about as good as isolation is going to get?
3) I'm very happy with the GR07s for now, but if I wanted to upgrade, what higher-end IEM has a similar signature?  I particularly don't want anything with more bass or more pronounced treble, as I seem to be sensitive to that stuff.

Thanks!

Have not heard the mkII. Custom silicone tips should help with isolation but it will depend on how deep they are. The vent on the GR07 is very small, I highly doubt it will make a significant difference in isolation. 

Regarding the upgrade, I am tempted to say PFE232 but it's such a small difference that I have trouble justifying the $400 price hike on sound quality alone. 

Quote:
That has to be the LSX5/LS5X - probably a Merlin-like sound - average_joe posted a review (with other Rooth customs) in May, impressed with the depth and neutrality.

Right you are, that's the one. I thought the Merlin demo didn't compete with my Miracle very well but the Rooth one definitely did. 

Quote:
Hi All,

My budget is £350.

That's quite a budget. The W4R at 270 pounds seems like a good option. I've only had the UE900 for a week or so, so no final impressions yet but so far it seems to do what you want as well. Not sure I would recommend it if it costs the same as the Westones, though. The GR07 would also be a fantastic cheaper option that does what you want. You could also see what the Sony EX1000 or EX600 would run you if isolation is not a priority (they don't isolate very well)

Quote:
Not sure why you, AstralStorm, and ClieOS all picked the Sennheiser IE8s last for my requirements. From what I've heard from others, they seem like really good headphones. Could you tell why they aren't too good for my style?

Also, what would you recommend if I stretched my budget to $300?

The IE8 is bass-heavy and not particularly resolving compared to something like a GR07. Just seemed like you'd be happier with one of the other sets you are looking it. And, I really don't think theres anything great to be had by stretching your budget from $200 to $300. The Final Audio FI-BA-SB is in there somewhere but I think it might be over $300, and not necessarily better than a GR07/EX600 anyway. 

Quote:
I see MEE A161 is now listed as a copy of Fischer SBA-03.

Are we 100% certain it's exactly the same thing on the inside? I recall Joe from MEE saying they were tweaked to their specs. I haven't heard either model so I can't tell.

Either way even if they sound the same, the packaging differs, it would be wise to mention that and change the accessories rating accordingly IMHO.

I just got an A161P loan from innerfidelity and they seem to be the same as my Fischers. I wasn't sure what the differences were in terms of build/accessories so I haven't added any ratings for them yet.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #8,248 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks Suman!
does the e30 make for a shallower fit than the e10 / id america spark?
i did try larger eartips but that didnt help.
i dont have big ears but i dont like the tips touching my inner ear canal.
the sennheiser cx300 i used to have were so comfortable! im looking for this
exact sort of fit.
so now im thinking of the e30 / e10..
is the e30 isolation really bad?

e30 has shallow fit , but goes over ear , if you liked the cx 300 , e30 with less emphasis on highs may feel a bit less interesting , isolation with the biggest tips was okay for me , has good bass and cleaner mids , but the less sparky highs were a heart breaker . i wonder if you have sony ex220lp available there . really cheap here at $22 its a awesome buy . not bass heavy but worth the price tag .

some suggestions are , sennheiser cx175 , denon ahc-360/351 , sony ex220lp , xb41ex . may be a cowon ce1 , but that has bad isolation .
exact sort of fit can be from a cx 400 II , cx 500 , denon ahc-260 , how did i missed it , meelec cw31 would be awesome , but dont have bass like cx300 .

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #8,249 of 16,931
Quote:
I just got an A161P loan from innerfidelity and they seem to be the same as my Fischers. I wasn't sure what the differences were in terms of build/accessories so I haven't added any ratings for them yet.

The way the title of 2B10 is worded, it may seem to people that they're identical. Just remember your megareview has large influence on purchasing decisions :)

BTW found the original mention, on anythingbutipod review: http://anythingbutipod.com/2012/05/meelectronics-a161p-iem/

Quote:
According to MEE, their Chinese manufacturing partner tunes the signature to their specifications. So even though you can purchase similar IEMs, the sound signature will most likely be a little different.

Maybe not in this case, but MEE is notorious for using generic shells... Well you know that better than me surely.

I'm not affiliated with either brand, just saying.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #8,250 of 16,931
Quote:

THANK YOU for introducing me to Phaeleh! I can't believe I have't heard anything from him before.

With that said, the Vsonic GR07 MKII will probably be your best bet. Like those songs, it has almost all it's bass emphasis in the sub regions, has clear, extended treble, and a very good midrange.

Once again, thanks.

thanks for the info and glad you like Phaeleh.

Private message me the dubstep artists and tracks you like and I will compile a playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back