Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #8,086 of 16,931
Are the Vsonic GR06 good for rock/metal?

Yes but it depends what your looking for. They are mid centric with good timbre, I think vocals and guitar sound great on them.

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #8,087 of 16,931
Quote:
Sir |joker|, question! 

From your memory of your experiences with the Tier 1C IEMs, which of those did you feel had the best synergy when paired with your J3? I may be stretching your memory a bit. I ask because at times I feel my MTPC sound better on the Clip+ vs J3. It could be all in my head though. I'm very curious as to which ones you will mention. Thanks :D 

The Coppers wouldn't really come out as my pick with any source so it's sort of a biased answer. I was surprised by how well the Earsonics SM3 paired with the J3 - it almost made them less thick and suffocating. The Klipsch Custom 3 and Ortofon's e-Q5 and e-Q7 also. Come to think of it all of the sets that come to mind as being almost as good out of the J3 as my amp/dac are higher-impedance phones with high sensitivity. 

Quote:

Dont have to answer this, but how many hous of burn in they had?

Thanks again for the review.

Lots and lots. I had them for about two months before sending them off to dweaver. I would say 200 easily before I did any critical listening. 

Quote:
Hi Joker,
Anything with a similar sound as the awesome EX1000 but with a Westone/Earsonics fit?

Inks is right - the GR07 is probably as close as it'll get. 

Quote:
Are the Vsonic GR06 good for rock/metal?

Depends on whether you like the sound signature. In general, I would say yes. 

Quote:
Joker, can u giv me a brief detail comparing the soundstage size n such with the Brainwavz Beta v2 and vsonic GR07 ?

The soundstages are actually not that different - they both have wide presentations with average depth. The GR07 still has a better sense of 3D space and better imaging. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #8,088 of 16,931
Joker, Have you tried out the Sennheiser CX400 II or the Hisoundaudio PoPo?

I currently have the Sennheisers + iPod 3rd Gen, i'm thinking about buying the Rocoo-P and the PoPo IEMs for only 140 euro (!), should i buy it? Are the the PoPo IEMs good? Are they better than the Sennheisers/Vsonic GR06?

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #8,089 of 16,931
Quote:

I currently have the Sennheisers + iPod 3rd Gen, i'm thinking about buying the Rocoo-P and the PoPo IEMs for only 140 euro (!), should i buy it? Are the the PoPo IEMs good? Are they better than the Sennheisers/Vsonic GR06?

I have the PoPo but unfortunately haven't heard the CX400-II. I don't think the PoPo is better than the GR06 unless you need tons of bass. It's quite bassy but loses some resolution and refinement as a result and the bass is really not as detailed as I would like. The newer Wooduo model is better. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #8,090 of 16,931
Quote:

I have the PoPo but unfortunately haven't heard the CX400-II. I don't think the PoPo is better than the GR06 unless you need tons of bass. It's quite bassy but loses some resolution and refinement as a result and the bass is really not as detailed as I would like. The newer Wooduo model is better. 

Quote:

sadly i have the cx400 II but dont have the PoPo . cx 400 II dont stand any where with the new generation of earphones . even the new cx175 is better then the cx 400 . cx 400 II has far less detail even compared to ue 400/500 , dont have good bass , just mid bass rumble , dont even go deep , neither had good sound stage . i just wonder where the cx 55 , cx 880 , cx 980 , cx 95 successors are . lost in the echo may be .

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #8,094 of 16,931
Quote:
Hmm, Rocoo-P + PoPo IEMs for 140 euro still seems like a good deal.

edit:

Rocoo-P & PoPo beats iPod & Fiio E6 & Vsonic GR06, right?

I wouldn't be so sure but I haven't heard any HiSound DAPs since the AMP3 Pro2

Quote:
Joker, I see you have the universal FitEar ToGo 334's and assume a review is coming soon? Can't wait to see how they shape up against the custom UM Miracles!

Yep, working on that.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #8,095 of 16,931
Ive had the GR02 bass edition IEMs for 2 months now and Im looking for an upgrade.
Would the JVC HA-FXT90 suit a metalhead like me and would I get a much better sound than with the gr02?
also, the GR02 are somewhat too sibilant for me. Is sibilance a problem with the JVC HA-FXT90?
Thanks.

on a sidenote a somewhat offtopic question: if the gr02 are too sibilant for me, are the GR07's out of the question? because i wanted to get 07 in the first place but im too scared they will be too sibilant for me :frowning2:

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #8,096 of 16,931
Quote:
Difficult to say - I really don't think the B2 is less forward than the HF5 on the whole. Is the PFE112 not a brighter and more laid-back earphone than the HF5? I would think that's a better match for what you want than the Etys when used with the gray or even black filters. On that note I think you might like the Ortofon e-Q5 - I saw a couple on ebay for <$230 the other day.

Thank you ljokerl, AstralStrom & Inks for the replys,

My impression of the PFE112(I have used only the grey filters) is about the same as of Inks, although I don't mind it to be foward, I would like something brighter. I'll consider the e-Q5, but it's a bit out of the budget I was intending, I've found the B2 for ~ 140€ (headsound.de) and the least that I've found the e-Q5 in europe was for about ~ 240€, sorry for putting the previous budget in dolars.

Do you think it's preferable for me to wait, gather some more money and try something better than the B2?( e-Q5, the GR10 as someone here previously recomended me, or something else?)

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #8,097 of 16,931
About the Westone/Earsonics fit - GR07 is compromised badly in one regard - tip selection.
There aren't any long tips I know of that fit its 3,5mm (which can fit some 4mm too) nozzle correctly - it's very hard to have them inserted deeply because of that and the stubby body - the body is also not as rounded, so the corner might irritate the ear.
Last I heard it Sony MDR-EX1000 was hotter in the highs (esp. lower highs) but less sibilant than GR07.

I wouldn't recommend Grado GR10 over B2 - it's far less detailed and suffers from far more pronounced highest end (air) rolloff - it's also slightly darker and warmer while otherwise sporting similar signature.
I'm pretty sure e-Q5 is far darker than B2 and possibly darker than GR07 - although I've never heard it, so take that with a grain of salt.

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #8,098 of 16,931
Although it all depends on fit ( and the ultimate effects on signature) I think you'd be better served by the B2/DBA-02 over the eq-5. Pretty similar signature at half the cost.  Ortofon built better but  the cost is a bit high vs value since they're comparable. Though I suppose that's all subjective too.

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #8,099 of 16,931
Quote:
Ive had the GR02 bass edition IEMs for 2 months now and Im looking for an upgrade.
Would the JVC HA-FXT90 suit a metalhead like me and would I get a much better sound than with the gr02?
also, the GR02 are somewhat too sibilant for me. Is sibilance a problem with the JVC HA-FXT90?
Thanks.

on a sidenote a somewhat offtopic question: if the gr02 are too sibilant for me, are the GR07's out of the question? because i wanted to get 07 in the first place but im too scared they will be too sibilant for me :frowning2:

I owned the GR02 and I did not find them sibilant.  I sold them them for upgrade reasons.

I purchased the FXT90 along the way and I had to sell those because they were too sibilant. 

I currently own the GR07...no sibilance at all to my ears.  YMMV.

Edit:  I own the GR07 MKII.   Some people say that the first versions had more sibilance problems. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #8,100 of 16,931
now im completely confused. the gr07 are somewhat famous for their sibilance, the fxt90 on the other hand even if they appear sibilant out of the box, the harsh treble becomes more tamed after a good burn in. atleast thats what I found out after extensive hours of research
i think ill just go with the fxt90's and if they are too sibilant for me than I guess im one of the few who are extremely sensitive to sibilance 
Quote:
I owned the GR02 and I did not find them sibilant.  I sold them them for upgrade reasons.

I purchased the FXT90 along the way and I had to sell those because they were too sibilant. 

I currently own the GR07...no sibilance at all to my ears.  YMMV.

Edit:  I own the GR07 MKII.   Some people say that the first versions had more sibilance problems. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back