Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #7,876 of 16,931
Quote:

That's also the ETA for the new Vsonic GR08, and hopefully I'll be all over those then... 
smile.gif

vsonic gr08 are in the pipe line for quiet a while , but the sony mdr-xb90ex , xb60ex and xb30ex are already on sale in japan , one of my friend in japan has brought a xb30ex , and there are many hands on review of the xb90ex and are said to be better then the ex1000 in every aspect . im dying to buy it , thought you may like it , but we have to wait for it . i may get it from china .

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #7,877 of 16,931
Quote:
vsonic gr08 are in the pipe line for quiet a while , but the sony mdr-xb90ex , xb60ex and xb30ex are already on sale in japan , one of my friend in japan has brought a xb30ex , and there are many hands on review of the xb90ex and are said to be better then the ex1000 in every aspect . im dying to buy it , thought you may like it , but we have to wait for it . i may get it from china .

And what's the price tag on those?

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #7,881 of 16,931
Quote:

But aren't they already on sale in Japan? What's the pricetag there?

in china those are just 950 yuan which is under $160 , it will not be over $250 at other countries i think . here xba-3 i brought for just $150 , you can guess from that .

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #7,884 of 16,931
I just recieved the AM-90, still not what I'm looking for..

Now I'm looking at something more expensive, like GR06 or RE0
I read on this forum that many compare the GR06 to the Soundmagic E30, GR06 is almost double the price..

From what I heard/owned until now:

PL30 - midcentric, little bass but I like the sound and treble
M4 - fail, agressive V-shape with proeminent, disturbing mid-high passage
GR02 - too much bass, in a good way, brighter than M1 but sibilant, not refined, and I don't like the light V shape sound, mids don't sound that good as on the M1
AM-90 - midcentric, flat response and lacks treble
M1 - prefered so far, airy and natural sounding but not very bright, highs sound good but it could be better, also bass could be better

I'm looking for an M1 sound, airy, natural, full, with better treble (brighter, better extended but refined, not agressive) and little more bass (not much, don't mind if not at all), should I get the GR06 or RE0?

I'm going to listen to a pair of Klipsch Custom 2 these days, I have a friend who owns them, very curious how they sound..

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #7,885 of 16,931
Quote:

I read on this forum that many compare the GR06 to the Soundmagic E30, GR06 is almost double the price..

GR02 - too much bass, in a good way, brighter than M1 but sibilant, not refined, and I don't like the light V shape sound, mids don't sound that good as on the M1
M1 - prefered so far, airy and natural sounding but not very bright, highs sound good but it could be better, also bass could be better

I'm looking for an M1 sound, airy, natural, full, with better treble (brighter, better extended but refined, not agressive) and little more bass (not much, don't mind if not at all), should I get the GR06 or RE0?

I'm going to listen to a pair of Klipsch Custom 2 these days, I have a friend who owns them, very curious how they sound..

If you go for the GR06, the GR04 flagship is one step above, and it's on sale from lendmeurears

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #7,890 of 16,931
Quote:

so that didnt work for you ? custom 2 , sadly is not that good , awful microphonic , not as good as anything you mentioned above . try cc51 and ue 400 , first try not buy , but cc51 dont need try , you can buy it any time any day , i have a e30 ( not pl30 ) , cc51 and the ue 400 , so i can tell you that , cc51 has a bit more bass then the e30 , similar mids and really better highs , not warm but can be a bit dark , the ue 400 has bigger bass of all , a bit laid back mids , but keep the details , highs are better of all , even better then my ue 600 , instrument separation is really awesome too . ue 400/500 is not warm or light at all , its dark but really nice . but at times it feels a bit less refined . gr06 on the other hand has mid bass hump but not huge , can be called good and impactful , mids are better then any thing i mentioned , highs are also equally better and may be similar to ue600 , smooth and well extended , sound stage wise it falls behind both ue . but its still good . and i feel gr06 can be the thing you want .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back