Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #7,021 of 16,931
Quote:

I'm sorry |joker|, but with all due respect, this just has to be done...

Quote:
Wow, Astrotec!  B[size=small]iddie-biddie-[/size][size=small][/size][size=small]biddie.[/size]

Bunch of jokesters...

For the record I quite like the finish of the Astrotecs - it's non-reflective (much like Twiki) and the shell is small enough that it doesn't look gaudy.

Quote:
from review this astrotec looks like suits my ear

waiting to see any discount and i want a red one

Any pics of the red one? Curious how the finish looks in other colors.

May 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #7,022 of 16,931
Quote:
from review this astrotec looks like suits my ear

waiting to see any discount and i want a red one

Taobao-buying-agent.com  or Bigbarginsonline.com  Bigbarginonline doesn't list them on their ebay page but if you email him he'll send you one. Prices are $35 for silver or $38.50 for a color version, That includes shipping. Also Lend Me UR Ears for $43 for silver, not sure if they have colors?

May 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #7,023 of 16,931
Quote:

Bunch of jokesters...

For the record I quite like the finish of the Astrotecs - it's non-reflective (much like Twiki) and the shell is small enough that it doesn't look gaudy.

Any pics of the red one? Curious how the finish looks in other colors.

http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/china-wholesale-16368584415.html

Good pic here.

May 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #7,024 of 16,931
the red looks great isn't it but i like red so im biased
biggrin.gif

i shop in taobao from some local agent in a local forum i dwell everyday, cheaper than buying from lendmeurears because of the exchange rate and i can buy other stuff as well from taobao. Shipping is around RM12 per kg which is roughly 4USD all the way from china to me.

china company are making some cheap and cheerful iem nowdays
wink.gif

May 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #7,025 of 16,931
Quote:
http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/china-wholesale-16368584415.html

Good pic here.

Thanks, that does look quite nice.

May 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #7,026 of 16,931
May 23, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #7,028 of 16,931
Quote:
I bought red astrotec and it looks good but the best thing is the price, for only 168 yuan(26usd), you can have an IEM as good as meelectronics a151.
smily_headphones1.gif

where did you buy it? can you give the link

and can the astrotec be worn over the ear??

May 23, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #7,029 of 16,931
Joker, do you think i will have a fit problem with the Radius DDMs ? not sure bout my ear canal size, whether its big or small, but i do have some examples to give u a picture bout my canal size...

using the Brainwavz m1, i only can hav a good seal/confortable with the smallest single flange tip. the medium n large are too big for me. The double flange is wearable but give almost no difference with the small tip regarding sonic sound quality, but less comfort.(all tips mention are stock tips)

using the Brainwavz Beta v2, same as above, smallest single flange tip(stock tip).

using Brainwavz B2, the smallest tip gave me best isolation and comfort and seal. Also stock tip. never had experience a triple flange yet.

May 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #7,030 of 16,931
Hey, thank you very much for this excellent topic! I go here every time I want to find out about an IEM or recommend to my friends :)
Say, at about 60$, which is the better IEM: VSonic GR06 or the MEElectronics A151? I listen to metal, rock, classic, jazz and abit pop, but I don't need a very heavy bass. Thanks :)

May 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #7,031 of 16,931
Quote:

and can the astrotec be worn over the ear??

Yes, it is also my preferred way of wearing them as indicated by the boldface in the original review:

Quote:
Wear Style: Straight down or over-the-ear

Quote:
Joker, do you think i will have a fit problem with the Radius DDMs ? not sure bout my ear canal size, whether its big or small, but i do have some examples to give u a picture bout my canal size...

using the Brainwavz m1, i only can hav a good seal/confortable with the smallest single flange tip. the medium n large are too big for me. The double flange is wearable but give almost no difference with the small tip regarding sonic sound quality, but less comfort.(all tips mention are stock tips)

using the Brainwavz Beta v2, same as above, smallest single flange tip(stock tip).

using Brainwavz B2, the smallest tip gave me best isolation and comfort and seal. Also stock tip. never had experience a triple flange yet.

The DDM is pretty different from your IEMs in fit (the DDM2 is somewhat similar to the Beta, though). It doesn't have huge nozzles so the small tips should work for you - I'd be more concerned about the housing size and your outer ears, which is not an issue with any of your current earphones.

Quote:
Hey, thank you very much for this excellent topic! I go here every time I want to find out about an IEM or recommend to my friends :)
Say, at about 60$, which is the better IEM: VSonic GR06 or the MEElectronics A151? I listen to metal, rock, classic, jazz and abit pop, but I don't need a very heavy bass. Thanks :)

The GR06 has more bass and treble compared to the A151. I would say it is generally more balanced than the A151 but not as smooth - more akin to the CC51 in signature and performance but without the laid-back mids. For those who don't want a lot of bass I would almost say the A151 is a safer choice but you can see from the scores that I think the GR06 is generally a better earphone. 

May 24, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #7,033 of 16,931
Quote:

The GR06 has more bass and treble compared to the A151. I would say it is generally more balanced than the A151 but not as smooth - more akin to the CC51 in signature and performance but without the laid-back mids. For those who don't want a lot of bass I would almost say the A151 is a safer choice but you can see from the scores that I think the GR06 is generally a better earphone. 

So GR06 is the more balanced earphone? I'm looking for a balanced sound, I just don't want the bass overpowering, since I don't really need it :)
I currently have the Q350 so I'm looking for an upgrade. So you would say the VSonic GR06 is the better choice, also for my genres of choice?
Edit: Would you suggest me an other earphone altogether?

May 24, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #7,034 of 16,931
Joker, what do you think of the stock styrofoam eartips of the GR06? I find that it increase bass by a significant amount but i think the accuracy and and instrument seperation is lost there. Is this just my speculation? Correct me if I'm wrong please. And if so is there a foam tip that increases both bass and clarity? Comply foams maybe? Or monster gel foam? Or olive shures?

May 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #7,035 of 16,931
I'm so very glad I found this forum and this wonderful set of reviews.  Hat's off to those taking the time to gather such great information.  Question for you all, do many of you buy several IEM's, testing them and return the ones you don't like?  I've done this long ago (long long ago) and am back in need of new headphones and hoping to move into the IEM world from my earbuds.  My wife has the Klipsch S4's and I do not find them to my liking.  mid bass and low mid's seem muddy and the treble is harsh.  I still prefer my old and dying sony mdr-e848 earbuds.  Sure they have no isolation and lack a lot of clarity, but I do like the overall balance of sound.  I've read through the reviews several times on this site (which rocks) and beleive I have no chance of just magically picking the right set the first time.  I'm not even sure what category I prefer but do know I must stay below $100.

Are there any good sites that allow returns of IEM's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back