Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #5,866 of 16,931

Quote:

Hey, Joker

What is your opinion about Yamaha EPH-100 earphones for listening mostly electronic music such as drum and bass? Have you tried them? Thanks

Sorry, never heard them

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #5,867 of 16,931
Joker,

Were you going to add your impressions of the UETF10? You mention it as a comparison of a few of the included IEM's - Just wondered if it was going to have its day in the sun.

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #5,868 of 16,931
The way the JVC HA-FX500 should be described is: Partly Cloudy Skies, full sunshine, blue skies with very harsh winds w/Earthquakes. I'm just going by several reviews and made my own weather/Sound Signature reference.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #5,869 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker,

Were you going to add your impressions of the UETF10? You mention it as a comparison of a few of the included IEM's - Just wondered if it was going to have its day in the sun.

Someday, but the order of my reviews is rarely decided by me (see FAQ at the front of the thread).

Quote:
The way the JVC HA-FX500 should be described is: Partly Cloudy Skies, full sunshine, blue skies with very harsh winds w/Earthquakes. I'm just going by several reviews and made my own weather/Sound Signature reference.

That sounds about right. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #5,870 of 16,931
LOL at the incessant clamoring for a TF.10 review.  With all due respect to |joker|'s reviews (which are among the most accurate & consistent I've ever read).. is there a phone that's been more reviewed at HF than the TF.10?  What else is there really left to say?  Read a dozen reviews from some of the most trusted HF'iers and you'll get a damn good idea of what to expect & how it stacks up against the comp.. I doubt joker would disagree, either.  In all honesty, I really enjoy & value joker's reviews of the more esoteric phones out there (even if I end up having no interest in them) than the stuff that occupies the majority of posts at HF.  That's truly what makes this thread unique.. the breadth, accompanying accuracy, & diversity of this review thread.  Heck, I'd love to never see a TF.10 review here.. LOL.

Even if I owned the TF.10 (which I don't), I couldn't care less if joker reviewed it ASAP.. I'd much rather have him spend time reviewing the next 'diamond in the rough.'  But I can guarantee once joker does unleash his TF.10 review.. we'll see 15,000 subsequent posts arguing about its (inferior/superior) performance & who's wrong/right (cause we don't have enough of that already, right?).. 
etysmile.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #5,871 of 16,931

Quote:
Even if I owned the TF.10 (which I don't), I couldn't care less if joker reviewed it ASAP.. I'd much rather have him spend time reviewing the next 'diamond in the rough.'  But I can guarantee once joker does unleash his TF.10 review.. we'll see 15,000 subsequent posts arguing about its (inferior/superior) performance & who's wrong/right (cause we don't have enough of that already, right?).. 
etysmile.gif

I fully agree with you and definitely feel that my time is better spent on new or less widely-covered gear. That said, I also understand that with the annual Black Friday sale the TF10 has become the gateway to high-end audio for many and can see the desire to see it not so much reviewed but at least ranked with other stuff, whether to find an upgrade or to verify that it was a good deal. I actually quite like (the sound of) the TF10 so I doubt my rating of it would surprise anyone.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #5,876 of 16,931

I agree with this exact statement. I listened to mine a few days ago for fun and was pleasantly surprised.
Quote:
The new batch of apple earbuds are good, for earbuds that is, see this review. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #5,877 of 16,931
Try the EX600, those may do it for you, bmeat. Isolation isn't the best, but that's how part of the soundstage air is derived. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #5,878 of 16,931
Newer Apple stuff is actually very hi-fi, their new DAPs/Tables/Phones all sound great and both the earbuds and in-ears are good performers for what they are. Tyll mentions that they know their stuff pretty well after speaking to an engineer of theirs. They extensively tuned each product carefully, improving each time. I also heard the earbud driver is derived from Fostex.

It will be hard to tell which are the newer batch of buds though, but the ones with a mic are surely it. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #5,879 of 16,931
Joker, 

About the SM2 and the SM3, which of two do have higher dynamic range?

Other doubt: is the Unique Melody Miracle so dynamic as the Monster Miles Davis Tribute or the Radius TWF21?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back