Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 29, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #4,983 of 16,931
It might just be my head-cold, but I think the CC51 is a much brighter set than I was expecting them to be. Bass is tight and present, mids smooth and all that, but the treble seems a bit overdone, even when coming from HD25s. Is this something that will clear up with burn-in or are my ears just shot right now? FWIW, I do have a good seal using the small single tips.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #4,984 of 16,931

Quote:
It might just be my head-cold, but I think the CC51 is a much brighter set than I was expecting them to be. Bass is tight and present, mids smooth and all that, but the treble seems a bit overdone, even when coming from HD25s. Is this something that will clear up with burn-in or are my ears just shot right now? FWIW, I do have a good seal using the small single tips.

I don't remember the CC-51 being bright.  

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #4,985 of 16,931
A friend of mine just gave me a TDK EB900.  I would have guessed it wouldn't be very good based on joker's review but so far it isn't so bad.  It has quite an impressive bass response.  I wouldn't have ever considered purchasing it but for the right price, it's not a bad iem.  

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #4,987 of 16,931

Quote:

Well Mainly  Electronica, Hip-Hop, Dub Reggae, Acoustic, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Funk...  Seriously everything.
I do like Bass and I think if I had weak bass I would be disappointed, but really not a bass head... doesn't have to be overbearing.
I guess a richer, more colourful sound would be better.. but then... I'm not sure until I hear it?

I swear to god, this has been a nightmare.. LOL

I have my mind set on 2-3 sets to choose from and then start researching more and find more I like.

I'm after a balanced, good reproduction and a nice, warm-ish sound... and if I had to choose I would lean more towards bass, but doesn't have to be too much.

*sigh*

Sorry, didn't link right. UM3/UM2 would be a good all-rounder with good bass for your genres. some of the others you're listing are analytical which is great but not "musical"

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #4,988 of 16,931

Quote:
alright! what are your upcoming reviews? really looking forward! also, have you heard of EXS Korea's EX10 and EX20 IEMs?

There's a list on the front page of this thread, below the table. I haven't updated it since the K2 review was posted so the Clarity One isn't on there yet. I have heard of EXS but have no experience with their products.

Quote:

I don't think it's brighter than an HD25, just that the bass is less powerful and draws less attention to itself. I'd play around with the fit depth a little more. Took me a while to get it right.

Quote:
A friend of mine just gave me a TDK EB900.  I would have guessed it wouldn't be very good based on joker's review but so far it isn't so bad.  It has quite an impressive bass response.  I wouldn't have ever considered purchasing it but for the right price, it's not a bad iem.  

I wouldn't mind them as basshead IEMs if they weren't $50. If I was going to spend that much for head-pounding bass it would be the Padacs Aksent, probably.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #4,989 of 16,931
Hi, just wondering, not sure if you know this or not. You said only the ViSang R03 carry the foamies and the fake hybrids.
So what do Brainwavz M2 carry instead? Just curious, Amazon seems to be the cheapest way to get these IEM's, i'm just wondering about the tips..

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #4,990 of 16,931

Quote:
Hi, just wondering, not sure if you know this or not. You said only the ViSang R03 carry the foamies and the fake hybrids.
So what do Brainwavz M2 carry instead? Just curious, Amazon seems to be the cheapest way to get these IEM's, i'm just wondering about the tips..

Last I heard, it's only the foamies that are missing from the M2 - the other tips are the same between the M2 and R03. It's the R01 that's missing fake hybrids (it has generic silicone single-flanges instead).

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #4,991 of 16,931

Quote:

I remember seeing that on overstock for about $40 some few days ago...

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #4,992 of 16,931
How would you compare DBA-2 to RE 272. Both share the similar sound signature ?

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #4,993 of 16,931

Quote:
Sorry, didn't link right. UM3/UM2 would be a good all-rounder with good bass for your genres. some of the others you're listing are analytical which is great but not "musical"

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I ended up ordering the JVC HA-FXT90 's after reading through the appreciation thread for those and the GR07's
I did take a look at the Westone's and when I save up some money again, I may take a closer look at them.

I'm hoping that the FXT90's will be to my liking and they're en-route right now... so We'll see.

Thanks again for your response.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #4,994 of 16,931
joker, 

i'm still considering the Crystal and the ck10. so i need a bit more info

being the Crystal a dynamic, is it vented? prone to wind noise?

as for the ck10. what's the problem you mentioned about the stock tips? 
have you tried the ck100 foam on the ck10? or are the shure olives better in sound, comfort , isolation, etc?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back