Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #4,861 of 16,931
that occurred with my JVC HA-FXC51, but only for the left side.

They would be dead, then when you push them in they come alive inside your ears and I doubt it's a cable problem

Nov 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #4,863 of 16,931

Quote:
I got my Fiio E6 and it works pretty well with my Atrio X. It makes my Atrio X incredibly bassy at Level 3.

Oh hell yes!!!  I love the fit of the Atrio X, but I just wish I could get more bass out of it...mind you I probably only have about 20 hours burn-in.  I was considering a ZO2 but this is a much cheaper option.

How would you compare the amped bass of the Atrio X with the SP51 black plate?  Also have you tried the SP51's with it?

Nov 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #4,864 of 16,931
I'm not sure how would |joker| take this
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Well said. Even our ears need a well deserved break from time to time. That said, let's not forget, |joker| IS the Chuck Norris of Head-Fi. For instance, did you know that (much like Chuck Norris) |joker| can unscramble scrambled eggs? Crazy, right? 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #4,865 of 16,931
Everything sounds more laid-back on the Miracle - it's not an aggressive earphone whereas the Westone 3 is. The difference in relative emphasis between bass, mids, treble is smaller, though. More bass depth on the Miracle, less of a mid-bass lift, flatter response overall. The Miracle is also smoother, thicker, warmer, more lush, much less strident at the top, and the soundstage is a lot more enveloping. Aside from balance and soundstage size, it's probably closer to the UM3X than the W3.

Thanks for the reply! I am really looking for an IEM that can satisfy me on acoustic music with a lot of female vocal. W3 just seems to produce really good sound for this preference but I want an upgrade. Do you think Miracle is good choice for these genre?

Edit: is vocal on Miracle laid back as much as triplefi? I cannot stand that muffled vocal =\

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #4,866 of 16,931

Quote:
Oh hell yes!!!  I love the fit of the Atrio X, but I just wish I could get more bass out of it...mind you I probably only have about 20 hours burn-in.  I was considering a ZO2 but this is a much cheaper option.

How would you compare the amped bass of the Atrio X with the SP51 black plate?  Also have you tried the SP51's with it?

The bass amp of the Atrio X is much greater than the Extreme Bass port of the SP51 and it's slightly cleaner and definitely deeper. Sounds like being in a club.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #4,867 of 16,931
And your source is a Sansa Fuze?  I have a Sony NWZ E-354, and I'm wondering if I'll achieve the same results.  The price is definitely right though.  Before amping, your SP-51 enhanced bass is deeper than the Atrios right?  Reason I ask - I only have limited burn-in hours on the Atrios so I don't know if with more hours it'll get as deep...right now SP-51 is deeper than the Atrios for me.

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #4,868 of 16,931
Hi Joker, I realized that the M9's and the CC51 are in a higher price tier than they should be...

The  Sp51's are only $35 bucks at Amazon, and the CC51 are only $40.

I am sure the value for these would be MUCH MUCH higher at such a low price...
Of course, if you are just going by MSRP prices I understand....

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #4,869 of 16,931

Quote:
And your source is a Sansa Fuze?  I have a Sony NWZ E-354, and I'm wondering if I'll achieve the same results.  The price is definitely right though.  Before amping, your SP-51 enhanced bass is deeper than the Atrios right?  Reason I ask - I only have limited burn-in hours on the Atrios so I don't know if with more hours it'll get as deep...right now SP-51 is deeper than the Atrios for me.

The SP51 with the Enhanced Bass Port is slightly behind in comparison to my fully burned Atrio X before amping for bass depth and quantity. The Sub Bass is amazing on the Atrio X. It's cleaner, deeper, quicker and definitely more natural sounding than the SP51.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #4,870 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker

When will your review about the sba-03 be ready? I have 2 pairs of Sunrise Xcape IE of the moment but i will be sending them back. Do u have a first impression and how would u rate them?
Thanks in advance.

The SBA-03 is a very good earphone, review should be up in 2-3 weeks. It rates about on-level with the Fischer Tandem and Ety HF5 for me. It is definitely a full-range armature with good bass punch, very strong mids, and reasonably bright treble but not something I would bill as an Xcape IE alternative - the sound signature is quite different.

Quote:
Well, that obviously depends on your stamina, so let's hope you can keep a healthy mind and body. Tbo, sometimes I can't help but picture you doing some serious zen meditation in the morning, just to prepare for all those 'Joker, when will you review xyz' requests
wink.gif
  Anyway, best of luck to a (super)man with a mission, but don't forget there's nothing wrong about a train slowing down or even taking a break every now and then.
smile_phones.gif

Thanks but not to worry, I take plenty of breaks. Got a vast pool of finished reviews to pick and choose from to keep on posting at the same pace even when I'm not listening or writing.

Quote:
Quote:

Well said. Even our ears need a well deserved break from time to time. That said, let's not forget, |joker| IS the Chuck Norris of Head-Fi. For instance, did you know that (much like Chuck Norris) |joker| can unscramble scrambled eggs? Crazy, right? 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

There is also no chin under my beard, only more ears.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I am really looking for an IEM that can satisfy me on acoustic music with a lot of female vocal. W3 just seems to produce really good sound for this preference but I want an upgrade. Do you think Miracle is good choice for these genre?

If you want something fuller, warmer, and smoother - sure. If you are used to the crisp, thin note presentation of the W3 you may want to find a more analytical custom.

Quote:
Hi Joker, I realized that the M9's and the CC51 are in a higher price tier than they should be...

The  Sp51's are only $35 bucks at Amazon, and the CC51 are only $40.

I am sure the value for these would be MUCH MUCH higher at such a low price...
Of course, if you are just going by MSRP prices I understand....

I go by street price at the time of writing. If I go back and change the CC51 and SP51 scores, I will have to be fair and update the prices for everything and really, I'd rather not. Head-fi is a worldwide community and I leave it up to the reader to find the best deal available to him/her.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #4,872 of 16,931
Right now I'm looking at getting some ~50$ IEMs. Specifically I'm looking at the Etymotic S4 and the Meelectronic A151 (Both can be had for ~50$ on amazon atm)

A major concern for me is that a lot of people complain that the bass is lacking in both of them
If I'm looking for a balanced sound (other headphones I have used include grado sr60 and Shure srh440, and I found both to be great), will I find the bass in these two IEMs to be lacking?

Any other highly recommended IEMs around this price range?

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #4,873 of 16,931

Quote:
Right now I'm looking at getting some ~50$ IEMs. Specifically I'm looking at the Etymotic S4 and the Meelectronic A151 (Both can be had for ~50$ on amazon atm)

A major concern for me is that a lot of people complain that the bass is lacking in both of them
If I'm looking for a balanced sound (other headphones I have used include grado sr60 and Shure srh440, and I found both to be great), will I find the bass in these two IEMs to be lacking?

Any other highly recommended IEMs around this price range?

You mean the Klipsch S4? or the Etymotic MC5? totally different IEMs.
Anyway, regarding the A151's. I really don't find them to be all that lacking in the bass department, though they do have a slight midrange emphasis.
If you want another IEM in that price range, the MEE CC51 can also be had for around the same price. I heard them once, and I thought they had a slightly bassier sound than the A151s, and a little more natural decay in general? I'm not really sure how to describe it, and keep in mind I only heard it once. But that's another option.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #4,874 of 16,931

Quote:
You mean the Klipsch S4? or the Etymotic MC5? totally different IEMs.
Anyway, regarding the A151's. I really don't find them to be all that lacking in the bass department, though they do have a slight midrange emphasis.
If you want another IEM in that price range, the MEE CC51 can also be had for around the same price. I heard them once, and I thought they had a slightly bassier sound than the A151s, and a little more natural decay in general? I'm not really sure how to describe it, and keep in mind I only heard it once. But that's another option.

Haha YEAH i DO mean the MC5

Stupid brain...

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #4,875 of 16,931

Quote:
Edit: is vocal on Miracle laid back as much as triplefi? I cannot stand that muffled vocal =\

If you like acoustic music with female vocals then the Ortofon e-q7 is really good with that. Hope this helps
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back