Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 25, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #4,263 of 16,931
If you guys would replace the Q-jays with other IEMs with a little bit more bass, and which can go a bit louder, which ones would that be? (in the same price category as the Q-Jays)
According to the comparison list, I would say the Westones 2. But after reading some reviews I would say the Westone UM2.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #4,265 of 16,931
(2A17) Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Pro

Goes off to cry somewhere. 

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #4,266 of 16,931

Quote:
The MG7 says it's reviewed in April 2011.

That may have been when I started it but I'll change it for consistency. Thanks.

Quote:
hey joker 
why is that you find turbine-like housing have a good isolation ? what's the difference with straight-barrel? both being dynamics

The housings are straight-barrel on the Turbines but they are rounded at the front so they act as a sort of 'plug' for the ear canal when inserted deep enough. Plus Turbines aren't vented as far as I can tell which is somewhat rare with other dynamics.

Quote:
If you guys would replace the Q-jays with other IEMs with a little bit more bass, and which can go a bit louder, which ones would that be? (in the same price category as the Q-Jays)
According to the comparison list, I would say the Westones 2. But after reading some reviews I would say the Westone UM2.

I don't think the W2 is bassier than the q-JAYS. I haven't heard the UM2 but the UM3X is definitely bassier, as are the earsonics stage monitors (SM2, SM3). They are all pretty different overall from the dry and somewhat trebly q-JAYS, though. If I were you I'd look at some dynamic-driver monitors, maybe the GR07 or EX600. The UM3X and the Earsonics go louder but I don't think the GR07 or EX600 lack sensitivity.

Quote:
Very nice review ...

Thanks!

Quote:
Goes off to cry somewhere. 

Seem to have that effect on people lately. Luckily there's no B&W C5 fan club yet.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #4,267 of 16,931

Quote:
Seem to have that effect on people lately. Luckily there's no B&W C5 fan club yet.

Muhahahhahaahah it was a joke preferences differ that's reality I'm glad it's up though will you be getting any more customs?

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #4,268 of 16,931
I just bought the W3 I like the exciting sound sometimes. But i find that sometimes it's too overwhelming, like the instrument and bass cover up the vocal sometimes. does this happen with UMX3 or the W4?

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #4,269 of 16,931
Quote:
The MG7 says it's reviewed in April 2011.

Quote:
That may have been when I started it but I'll change it for consistency. Thanks.

Though it feels that long, you started reviewing MG7 in August
tongue_smile.gif
. Was looking forward to it for sometime.

PS: It amazes me how you still manage to go through Skullcandy's - that's sacrifice of the highest order
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #4,270 of 16,931
Quote:
I just bought the W3 I like the exciting sound sometimes. But i find that sometimes it's too overwhelming, like the instrument and bass cover up the vocal sometimes. does this happen with UMX3 or the W4?

In short, no, not to my ears. The W3 is known to have a v-shaped signature, in which case the highs and lows are slightly elevated, while the mids are slightly pushed back in comparison. Neither the UM3X or W4 share this, and vocals have a good bit of warmth and presence with the UM3X, while with the W4, they aren't at all recessed, nor pushed forward, bur rather in balance with the rest of the spectrum. Just my 2 cents. 
smile.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #4,271 of 16,931
Finally some love for the Future Sonic MG7. I actually got rid of my beloved Monster Turbine Golds because the Atrio's beat the Turbines at their own game, Bass! The sub-bass on the Atrios is stupendous, but they surprisingly
don't forget about the mids or highs at all, it's all there. The Atrios are great and I am going to have a hard time finding something else with so much thumping, pumping Bass!

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #4,273 of 16,931

Quote:
Muhahahhahaahah it was a joke preferences differ that's reality I'm glad it's up though will you be getting any more customs?  

Hopefully, although there have been some issues with customs duties and such for the one I really wanted 
redface.gif

Quote:

That's what happens with a v-shaped sound signature. As i2ehan said, the UM3X is great with vocals as it was built as a professional monitor and the W4 is just a lot more balanced in the sense that nothing overwhelms anything. So no, that wouldn't happen with either of those.

Quote:

Though it feels that long, you started reviewing MG7 in August
tongue_smile.gif
. Was looking forward to it for sometime.

PS: It amazes me how you still manage to go through Skullcandy's - that's sacrifice of the highest order
wink.gif

And I have more garbage in store for you all over the coming months
rolleyes.gif
. Bet everyone is excited about the Section 8 buds.

I have to admit that I can still very easily enjoy my music with the Smokin' buds. In fact, the earphone that gets the most eartime from me outside of reviewing is probably the H2O Audio Flex (though admittedly the sound of that is not at all offensive). Use it at the gym and also around the house while doing menial tasks. I just toss it in the sink at the end of the day and then leave it to dry overnight.

Quote:
Finally some love for the Future Sonic MG7. I actually got rid of my beloved Monster Turbine Golds because the Atrio's beat the Turbines at their own game, Bass! The sub-bass on the Atrios is stupendous, but they surprisingly
don't forget about the mids or highs at all, it's all there. The Atrios are great and I am going to have a hard time finding something else with so much thumping, pumping Bass!

I don't see the Atrios being beat at their own game in the near future, not by anything I've heard or read about. The JVC FX500/FX700 and Monster MD also have deep-reaching bass as well as good mids and highs but they all have more mid-bass than the Atrios and thereby a different sound profile overall. 

Quote:
Great reviews for the MG7/C5!

Hope the review for the TF10s is in the works
happy_face1.gif

Hoping to start posting UE reviews very soon and make my way towards the TF10, thus forcing myself to finally write it up.

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #4,275 of 16,931

Quote:
does that mean NO wind noise?!

Wind noise is still an issue with fully sealed IEMs because you can hear the wind passing over the outside of the housings. Even the flush and fully sealed MEElec M6 has some wind noise for me when biking downhill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back