Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 14, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #4,156 of 16,931
Do the new Shure SE215 have replaceable cables? That was always my issue with Shures, love the sound, hate the cable, which shorted out in about 6 months on each model I've had.

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #4,157 of 16,931

Quote:
Do the new Shure SE215 have replaceable cables? That was always my issue with Shures, love the sound, hate the cable, which shorted out in about 6 months on each model I've had.

Yes they do

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #4,158 of 16,931

Quote:

They do but so far the reliability of the connectors isn't looking too good.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #4,159 of 16,931
@Joker - You should take a listen of the new Brainwavz Beta's ~(the one with the comply tips standard) - I reckon they're a good contender for under $50 range
redface.gif
- I would send you mine but it would probably cost about the same in shipping there and back than an actual new pair
cool.gif

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-beta-iem-earphones-p-553.html

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #4,160 of 16,931
What is the difference between Etymotic research HF2, 3 and 5 ? It is very hard to get non-mainstream stuff here, so if i want the HF5's i have to buy them on amazon, and due to tax regulations need to pay an additional 25%, making them (or anything i order on amazon) expensive. However, apple carries HF3's in their webshop, meaning i can get them without having to pay import tax

The review in this thread is done on the HF5, but in the comparison table it seems HF2 and HF3 is put together with HF5 ? Can i assume the HF3 has the same specs as HF5, and is just a newer model ? The HF5's seem ideal for my planned use for IEM's, but if for example the HF3's has a different score in isolation (my main concern) then they wouldn't be my favourite purchase.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #4,161 of 16,931

Quote:
What is the difference between Etymotic research HF2, 3 and 5 ? It is very hard to get non-mainstream stuff here, so if i want the HF5's i have to buy them on amazon, and due to tax regulations need to pay an additional 25%, making them (or anything i order on amazon) expensive. However, apple carries HF3's in their webshop, meaning i can get them without having to pay import tax

The review in this thread is done on the HF5, but in the comparison table it seems HF2 and HF3 is put together with HF5 ? Can i assume the HF3 has the same specs as HF5, and is just a newer model ? The HF5's seem ideal for my planned use for IEM's, but if for example the HF3's has a different score in isolation (my main concern) then they wouldn't be my favourite purchase.

I believe the only differences are in phone/mic addition. The HF3 has apple controls, HF2 has a mic and a mute, HF5 is just the earphones.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #4,165 of 16,931
OMG!

I was expecting the SE215 review!!! Thanks joker!!!

So, I am not sure now :frowning2: What do you recommend guys, for a lounge, chillout, light electronic music listener and a little bit basshead? xD

SE215, CC51, or maybe Etymotic MC5? Or another model?

These three seems to compare in score, but what about my kind of music?

Can be risky to get the 215s form Amazon? Because I don't understand what is the defect that is discussed here.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #4,166 of 16,931

Quote:
OMG!

I was expecting the SE215 review!!! Thanks joker!!!

So, I am not sure now :frowning2: What do you recommend guys, for a lounge, chillout, light electronic music listener and a little bit basshead? xD

SE215, CC51, or maybe Etymotic MC5? Or another model?

These three seems to compare in score, but what about my kind of music?

Can be risky to get the 215s form Amazon? Because I don't understand what is the defect that is discussed here.

If you do get it from Amazon, make sure that it's from Amazon themselves or an authorized dealer. And the defects are from the removable cables. The points where they attach go bad easily and cause the sound to cut out. It's much worse if sweat gets on that joint as that will cut them out for sure if you have a defective pair.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #4,167 of 16,931

Lets see how the prices pan out for these guys. The XBA-S65 sounds interesting. 

Yup, am very interested to see the pricing for these. In true SONY fashion they're likely gonna be pricier than comparable IEMs but I hope it won't be ludicrously expensively.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #4,168 of 16,931

Quote:
If you do get it from Amazon, make sure that it's from Amazon themselves or an authorized dealer. And the defects are from the removable cables. The points where they attach go bad easily and cause the sound to cut out. It's much worse if sweat gets on that joint as that will cut them out for sure if you have a defective pair.

Thanks Raguvian, yes, the idea is getting them from Amazon, but I am not sure what to get :frowning2: SE215... or another one!!! :S

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #4,169 of 16,931
Just in-case if anyone was wondering, here's the News Press for the Single, Dual and Multi-Armature IEMs from Sony:

http://www.sony-asia.com/pressrelease/asset/469743/section/regionalpressreleases

Sony is seriously making me curious.

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #4,170 of 16,931

Lol Sony is smart.

They're using magnesium in the XBA-2, XBA-3, XBA-4 and liquid crystal in the XBA-1.

That means the people that instantly buy the XBA-4, will eventually buy the XBA-1 anyway out of curiosity, Sony has already given it a label of "Profound vocal sound".

The people that buy the XBA-1 thinking it's expensive enough already, will slowly become insatiably curious about the XBA-2, 3 and 4.

In the end Sony is making sure everyone buys at least two models to increase sales two-fold, and they sure released these all at a good time, the balanced armature IEM market is more lively than ever right now in 2011.

The XBA-3 is the one for me.

p.s. Why was my thread showing the movie about this deleted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back