Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 10, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #4,141 of 16,931

Quote:
Careful Kiteki, this dog's got a mean bite my friend... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

PM me... NOW! 
biggrin.gif

Oh boy.

Can't wait to hear your impressions as well, kiteki.
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #4,142 of 16,931
Just received my IE7! Even without burn-in I can hear the potential already, they are so clear I love it. However it's hard to get a fit with the IE7, it always feels like they need to pushed in some more and the isolation ain't great. I still have to take the ultimate test and that is taking the subway. Right now I'm going to buy some eBay Sony Hybrids and Ebay Bi-flanges I hope that will fix the (lack) of isolation.

Edit: I was using the normal used because I was used to those on the CX400 and other IEM, but somehow on the IE7 the bi-flange and single Large sleeves fit perfect for me! They suddenly sound so much better instead of that hallow sound with a bad fit :rolleyes: Can't even imagine how much better these IE7 are going to be :D

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #4,144 of 16,931
Quote:
Just received my IE7! Even without burn-in I can hear the potential already, they are so clear I love it. However it's hard to get a fit with the IE7, it always feels like they need to pushed in some more and the isolation ain't great. I still have to take the ultimate test and that is taking the subway. Right now I'm going to buy some eBay Sony Hybrids and Ebay Bi-flanges I hope that will fix the (lack) of isolation.

Edit: I was using the normal used because I was used to those on the CX400 and other IEM, but somehow on the IE7 the bi-flange and single Large sleeves fit perfect for me! They suddenly sound so much better instead of that hallow sound with a bad fit
rolleyes.gif
Can't even imagine how much better these IE7 are going to be
biggrin.gif

IMO the isolation will always be a bit lacking with the IE7/IE8. I use MEElec 'balanced' bi-flange tips with mine as they are longer than stock and seal better for me.

Sep 10, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #4,145 of 16,931
The "first" universal flagship IEM and STILL top of the range for Ety... Newer products nearly always inflate prices to a degree... Then there's the whole issue of it being premium electronics, too... I like thick and loud sound so far but the ER4 is high on my want-to-sample list - if I ever wrote it down, lol
cool.gif

Quote:
I am glad you finally got a hand on the ER4!

In my opinion, the ER4 is one of the most underrated IEM due to its age, but despite of having quite a few top-tier contenders, the ER4 never fails to impress me on its accuracy and details.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #4,147 of 16,931

Quote:
What IEMs would you recommend that would last me the longest? My budget is up to $150. I was thinking of the Shure SE215 but I am still not sure.

In that price range I'd say Beyer DTX 101 iE, Ety MC5, or maybe ATH-CKM99. If you were looking at the Shures I'd go with the Beyers as they are at least somewhat similar in sound signature and sound quality.

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #4,149 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks very much joker!!  I'm a poor grad student but have made satisfied purchases, with your help, of Meelectronics CC51 and M6 earphones and most recently CAL! headphones.

Glad the thread was helpful. Nice collection you've got there - I could be happy with those.

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #4,153 of 16,931
I think I've temporarily settled on the SE215 as my iem. It sounds good, but more importantly it actually fits my blasted ears and doesn't stick out at funny angles and cause discomfort. This has been the greater deciding factor for me above sound quality.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #4,154 of 16,931

Quote:

Hey joker have you heard the Vsonic R04 yet? (not to be confused with the Visang R04 / M3).

No, I haven't

Quote:
I think I've temporarily settled on the SE215 as my iem. It sounds good, but more importantly it actually fits my blasted ears and doesn't stick out at funny angles and cause discomfort. This has been the greater deciding factor for me above sound quality.

Yep, good sound with poor fit is one of more unfortunate combinations out there. Glad you like the SE215.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #4,155 of 16,931

Quote:

Too bad they are not durable at all. I've been using my SE215's at the gym everyday for the past few months and they're pretty much dead now. Sound cuts out on both sides unless I keep my head at a certain angle and don't move all. It's pretty terrible especially because they are comfortable and sound decent.

My Meelec M31 have also been abused at the gym on a daily basis and they're still fine. I haven't used them in a while because they aren't as comfortable but they've never cut out on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back