Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 30, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #3,421 of 16,931

Quote:
Hey Joker, do you remember what tips sounded best to you with ECCI PR401? The stock single-flanges or the Sony Hybrids?

I already tested both but I'm can't say yet which one is better.

Thanks.

Are you enjoying your ECCI PR401 to the fullest?

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #3,422 of 16,931

Quote:
Still awaiting for my CC51. I'll compare my review with Joker's review next week. The pre-burn-in and 50 hour burn-in will be posted, along with the specs and analysis of build, comfort and isolation.

Your getting the CC51? Congrats, one of my favorite budget IEM's. Rumbly bass and great high end extension.

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #3,423 of 16,931
     Are you enjoying your ECCI PR401 to the fullest?

I'm not joker but I've had the PR401 for a while.. and like them very much.  They're akin to a smoother, more balanced version of the HJE900.  The midbass hump isn't as pronounced as it is on the HJE and the midrange sounds a bit thicker.  Treble on the PR401 has excellent sparkle and crispness with no sibilance.

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #3,424 of 16,931

Quote:
Your getting the CC51? Congrats, one of my favorite budget IEM's. Rumbly bass and great high end extension.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up.

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #3,425 of 16,931
Quote:
then, is there any iem that can match them with the price i mentioned 90-100 euro (i think thats about $125-145) btw, do the ok1 sound like a full-size can as the pk1 are known as?

There are other good iems in the price range - DBA-02, GR07, etc - but they sound different from the OK1. Not sure what it's supposed to sound like to rival a full-size can as I've never heard the PK1. It's pretty airy and spacious but then many earbuds tend to be.

Quote:
Hey Joker, do you remember what tips sounded best to you with ECCI PR401? The stock single-flanges or the Sony Hybrids?

I already tested both but I'm can't say yet which one is better.

Thanks.

I'm sure I ended up using the Hybrids since they generally seal very effortlessly for me but for sound I really don't remember.

Quote:
I'm not joker but I've had the PR401 for a while.. and like them very much. 

That question wasn't directed at me anyway 
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #3,426 of 16,931
"the pk1 are eforthless and have a great soundstage" thats supposed to be., not that i really know what it means.
anyway. from what you mention the B2/dba-02 should be enough. but i wanted to know as i find earbuds very comfortable for home and silent places use.
btw. in case i decide to get 'em, what amp can drive the ok1? will the ibasso t3d be enough?

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #3,427 of 16,931
Finally got my M6 today :)

I spent an hour trying out the stock tips and could not get any of them to seal on my left ear (average/small canal), but I was able to get a few to fit my right ear (large canal)
Luckily though, I bought Hybrids with the M6 :) Large hybrids fit perfect for my left ear and medium fit my right ear, though not perfect.

First impressions: (I do not know the correct terms, but will try to describe it to the best of my ability)

Accessories – Carrying case, shirt clip, silicone single-flange tips (3 sizes), silicone double-flange tips (1 size), silicone tri-flange tips (2 sizes)
The stock silicone tips are hard and do not form to ears making it hard to get a good seal.
Build Quality - "Solid-feeling plastic housings are coupled with Meelec's excellent new cabling terminated with a low-profile L-plug. Two inches of memory wire provide additional strain relief" - ljokerl
Isolation – Haven't had enough time to test isolation.
Microphonics - What microphonics? :wink:
Comfort - I don't even notice them. The only comfort related problem is ear pressure and that's probably just me and will work itself out.

Sound - No burn-in (bear with me, I do not know the correct terms and will describe as best I can)
Sparkly highs, recessed mids and slightly uncontrolled lows. <- That fun V-shape.
Sound stage is awesome for the price. These things are definitely bass heavy, more so than my TiTANs. The bass is a bit uncontrolled, so it has the "boomy" feeling/sound.

Would I recommend these to someone else? No. Why? the sealing issue. I'm sorry, but the sealing issue is a deal breaker unless you have small canals or the right tips (not stock).
Would I recommend other MEE products?  Yes. Why? Build quaility, Price, Sound sig and friendliness.
Am I happy with them? Hellz yeah, I am. Thanks ljokerl for your great review on them :)

End of impressions from an average guy looking for some fun IEMs.

edit
Large hybrid fits my left ear (average/small canal) and small hybrid fit my right ear (large canal). I've never had fit issues with other IEMs. Stock medium size tips fit both my ears on my other IEMs.
The pressure in my ears is gone and some of it seemed to be caused by too deep an insertion. The M6 doesn't seem to like large ear canals. Insertion is too deep on large canals and requires you to readjust each time you put on the IEMs (only takes a few seconds)

edit #2
I tried small hybrids on my left ear and they seem to work just fine, so I'm now using the pair of small hybrids for both ears.
These things are great for hardstyle :) I also tried out LMAO's "sorry for party rocking" (album) with these and they made me like tracks that I hated before.
Truly great little things for electronic music.

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #3,428 of 16,931

Quote:
"the pk1 are eforthless and have a great soundstage" thats supposed to be., not that i really know what it means.
anyway. from what you mention the B2/dba-02 should be enough. but i wanted to know as i find earbuds very comfortable for home and silent places use.
btw. in case i decide to get 'em, what amp can drive the ok1? will the ibasso t3d be enough?

Not sure. The T4 can't but the T3d is supposed to be an improvement.

Quote:
Finally got my M6 today :)

I spent an hour trying out the stock tips and could not get any of them to seal on my left ear (average/small canal), but I was able to get a few to fit my right ear (large canal)
Luckily though, I bought Hybrids with the M6 :) Large hybrids fit perfect for my left ear and medium fit my right ear, though not perfect.

First impressions: (I do not know the correct terms, but will try to describe it to the best of my ability)

Accessories – Carrying case, shirt clip, silicone single-flange tips (3 sizes), silicone double-flange tips (1 size), silicone tri-flange tips (2 sizes)
The stock silicone tips are hard and do not form to ears making it hard to get a good seal.
Build Quality - "Solid-feeling plastic housings are coupled with Meelec's excellent new cabling terminated with a low-profile L-plug. Two inches of memory wire provide additional strain relief" - ljokerl
Isolation – Haven't had enough time to test isolation.
Microphonics - What microphonics? :wink:
Comfort - I don't even notice them. The only comfort related problem is ear pressure and that's probably just me and will work itself out.

Sound - No burn-in (bear with me, I do not know the correct terms and will describe as best I can)
Sparkly highs, recessed mids and slightly uncontrolled lows. <- That fun V-shape.
Sound stage is awesome for the price. These things are definitely bass heavy, more so than my TiTANs. The bass is a bit uncontrolled, so it has the "boomy" feeling/sound.

Would I recommend these to someone else? No. Why? the sealing issue. I'm sorry, but the sealing issue is a deal breaker unless you have small canals or the right tips (not stock).
Would I recommend other MEE products?  Yes. Why? Build quaility, Price, Sound sig and friendliness.
Am I happy with them? Hellz yeah, I am. Thanks ljokerl for your great review on them :)

End of impressions from an average guy looking for some fun IEMs.

edit
Large hybrid fits my left ear (average/small canal) and small hybrid fit my right ear (large canal). I've never had fit issues with other IEMs. Stock medium size tips fit both my ears on my other IEMs.
The pressure in my ears is gone and some of it seemed to be caused by too deep an insertion. The M6 doesn't seem to like large ear canals. Insertion is too deep on large canals and requires you to readjust each time you put on the IEMs (only takes a few seconds)

edit #2
I tried small hybrids on my left ear and they seem to work just fine, so I'm now using the pair of small hybrids for both ears.
These things are great for hardstyle :) I also tried out LMAO's "sorry for party rocking" (album) with these and they made me like tracks that I hated before.
Truly great little things for electronic music.

Yep, figuring out to fit them correctly can be a pain but other than that they're pretty fun little things for the price paid. I think they get a little less boomy with time, too. My M6 is a bit tighter than my M9 and it's only had eighteen months of burn-in 
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #3,429 of 16,931
Okay! Review Time.

Meelectronics CC51

Price/Store Location: ($54.99 from Amazon)

I listened to the CC51 BK for about 2 Hours and this is the Pre Burn-in thoughts.

Let us start with the bottom of the frequency. Bass.

Bass: It's punchier and more hard hitting than my M9 by a mile and my SP51 by a tenth of a mile on both the Enhanced Bass Port and especially the Extreme Bass Port. It's clean and barely intrudes with the midrange. The quantity of bass is just like the Enhanced Bass Port of the SP51 and it mainly stays around Mid-Bass and some songs it actually goes down to lower Mid-Bass when called upon on.

Moving up to midrange

Midrange: Wow! I gotta say it's certainly much clearer than both the M9 and SP51 (Enhanced Bass and Extreme Bass Ports). Although it's slightly clearer than the SP51 (Balanced Sound Port). It's warmed up by the bass and it's very clean and smooth.

Last part of the frequency. Treble.

Treble: Very nice extension. The piano strokes are decently realistic and the treble isn't sibilant at all. It works really well on Trance music. It makes me enjoy my Trance music to the fullest.
etysmile.gif

Soundstage: About Average. I hear some depth to it and a slight bit of height. It'll probably be more 3D after the 50 Hour Burn-In.

Now with the CC51 Analysis:

Accessories: 4/5 The standard bi-flange, small bulb, medium bulb, and large bulb

Build: 4.5/5 The housing feels extremely durable, the fact that it's Ceramic. I do not have any intention of removing the shirt clip after I saw how dangerously sharp it is. I see and feel that the cable is slightly thicker than the SP51, but not as much as the M Series. 

Isolation: 4/5 It's much better than my vented M9 and SP51.

Comfort: 4/5 It sits in my ears and I'm not moving it around like the M9 or SP51

Fit/Seal: 3.5/5 The fact that it's not so good for the narrow ear canal. Although I found a good fit with the medium bulb flange for my left ear and the and the small bulb flange for my right ear.

Value (Expect it to change): 9.2/10 It's clearer and cleaner than my M9 and SP51 and the fit/seal is slightly better than those two, along with the isolation and comfort and build. It may not be for a basshead (use to be one until a week ago), but it's still bass-heavy anyway. Its' accurate sound and clarity just brought out the best of the music I listen to daily. I sure hope Meelec has some more goods soon, because I'm gonna consume them (not literally).  

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #3,430 of 16,931
You should really consider removing the shirt clip! I'd even go so far and break it apart (for safety reasons), as 1) it doesn't stick to the cable (=> cable is too thin) and 2) it has sharp edges that can damage the cable even if you do not remove it.

Meelec knows of the problem and they have a benevolent CS, so I don't think you'd get warranty problems. But you should ask them first.

Jul 2, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #3,432 of 16,931
SP51 has the same dangerous Shirt Clip and it didn't damage my cable.

EDIT: The cable is thin? I don't see that considering that it's between the thickness of the SP51 and the M Series cable.

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #3,433 of 16,931

Quote:
SP51 has the same dangerous Shirt Clip and it didn't damage my cable.

SP51 has that same clear-coat covering as the rest of MEElec's cables, which is why you can't damage it by taking off the clip. The best way to take off the CC51 clip is to widen the opening of the part that goes on the cable with a small screwdriver first.

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #3,435 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker are you planning to release your SM e30 review before July ends? No need to rush you just asking.

It should be the next update though there's been a bit of a delay as I've been working on the portable thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back