Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #3,076 of 16,931
hey people i've found this site which sells the yuiin ok1 at 90 euro + shipping

http://www.zococity.es/product.aspx?p=116&t=14&c=65&af=0000000006&utm_source=kelkooes&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=kelkooclick&utm_term=YUIN+Yuin+OK1&from=kelkooes

though they dont ship everywhere and im not sure its updated but it's worth they try

May 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #3,078 of 16,931
And the $100-150 market heats up yet again... the HF5 looks fantastic. I'm a little surprised you don't mention the ER-4P/S in the review at all - I suppose you don't have a set handy to compare to?

How does the HF5 bass compare in quantity to similar analytical earphones like the DBA02, CK10, and ER4P? I really like the Etymotic mid/treble presentation but the soundstage and lack of bass quantity and deep insertion kind of put me off from Etys. Looks like that hasn't changed, but the smartphone controls and the price are tempting...

May 27, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #3,080 of 16,931
Quote:
And the $100-150 market heats up yet again... the HF5 looks fantastic. I'm a little surprised you don't mention the ER-4P/S in the review at all - I suppose you don't have a set handy to compare to?

How does the HF5 bass compare in quantity to similar analytical earphones like the DBA02, CK10, and ER4P? I really like the Etymotic mid/treble presentation but the soundstage and lack of bass quantity and deep insertion kind of put me off from Etys. Looks like that hasn't changed, but the smartphone controls and the price are tempting...

I've never heard the ER4P and I don't have my ER4S any more. The bass of the HF5 is not as extended as the CK10 and lacks some of the fullness and depth. CK10 is no bass monster of course but the HF5 is leaner still. In terms of balance, with a very good seal I find the HF5 bass slightly de-emphasized in the spectrum but pretty close to flat. 

Quote:
hi joker,
mind detailing me how the ts-02 compares with rain?
thanks in advance.

TS-02 is quite bassy in comparison to the rain. Think Senn IE7 vs Senn IE8 level of difference. All of the other differences stem from that - the TS02 is warmer, thicker, and fuller while the Rain is crisper, more sparkly, more airy.

May 27, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #3,081 of 16,931
How come the latter half of the HF5 +ACS review becomes HF3?
And is it possible to fit the HF5's ACS onto other brands of IEMs?  I wonder if Altec im616/717 fits...

May 27, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #3,082 of 16,931

Quote:

Same earphone, just the HF5 doesn't have controls and the HF2/HF3 do. I'm assuming Joker labeled the section as the HF5, since it's more popular and universal, but he himself owns an HF3 as his review unit. I guess he just slipped up, you'll notice he makes references to the HF2, HF3, and HF5 in his other reviews.

While we're talking about "mistakes"... the Phonak PFE122 is still missing a picture
tongue.gif

May 27, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #3,083 of 16,931

Quote:
And is it possible to fit the HF5's ACS onto other brands of IEMs?  I wonder if Altec im616/717 fits...

I wrote it as an HF3 review originally. Was in a hurry when posting so I guess I missed a bunch when changing it to HF5.

HF-series ACS tips are said to fit on the ER4 earphones but nothing else is listed. Didn't fit on my MC5 very well.

Quote:
Same earphone, just the HF5 doesn't have controls and the HF2/HF3 do. I'm assuming Joker labeled the section as the HF5, since it's more popular and universal, but he himself owns an HF3 as his review unit. I guess he just slipped up, you'll notice he makes references to the HF2, HF3, and HF5 in his other reviews.

While we're talking about "mistakes"... the Phonak PFE122 is still missing a picture
tongue.gif

Kept forgetting to add the PFE pic and now there's a chance I'll get to test the Phonak PB and take a new one.

May 28, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #3,085 of 16,931
I just want to say thank you for this amazing guide. It is, hands down, the best I've come across.

I'm also very psyched to see what you have to say about the upcoming Logitech/Ultimate Ears reviews.

Lastly, I've tried upgrading my M6s to the S4 and they sounded like **** in my opinion. Then I tried the 700X and they're far too uncomfortable and fatiguing to my smaller ears. I keep going back to my M6s, but i hate the over the hear design. I'm thinking the UE 700s will do the trick.. hoping.

I also want to point out your accuracy in these reviews. After using all three I have listed, I can confirm your opinions on all of them.

May 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #3,086 of 16,931
Thanks for the informative thread - to |joker| and all the contributors - among the most inviting on the forum for me. I'll be upgrading to the Sunrise Xcape, (but reviews have me leaning toward the "Impressive Edition" when(?) it becomes available.) I can drop $85 right away, but if cost is closer to $100+, I'll have to wait until July...

This oughtta knock the socks off of my much-abused Sony EX300... More balance, more precision, and more physicality...

May 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #3,088 of 16,931

Quote:
Added Etymotic HF5 review w/ notes on the ACS Custom Eartips.

And another fine interpretation. I think the highs fine if slightly elevated as they're not peaky. I actually prefer them to the 4p but I understand why the 4p has a higher sound rating. It is slightly more informative and deliniated but it's top is too much for me. Others will feel different.

May 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #3,090 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks for the informative thread - to |joker| and all the contributors - among the most inviting on the forum for me. I'll be upgrading to the Sunrise Xcape, (but reviews have me leaning toward the "Impressive Edition" when(?) it becomes available.) I can drop $85 right away, but if cost is closer to $100+, I'll have to wait until July...

This oughtta knock the socks off of my much-abused Sony EX300... More balance, more precision, and more physicality...

There are two versions of the Xcape.. the old one and the newer V2 one.. its the older one that got so many rave reviews, the second one has a pretty different sound signature. The impressive edition is out (mostly) and so far a lot of people are reporting issues with them failing. 

Quote:
I have also read they need a burn-in to "snap" into the eventual sound signature... Will recreational listening be sufficient for the process (and if so, how long will this take?)

Yes, recreational listening would be sufficient.. They recommend like 100 hours I believe, but someone might correct me there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back