Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 22, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #3,047 of 16,931
Have these come out yet?
Fischer Audio: TS-9005

These look almost the same as the Meelectronics M11+.
blink.gif

May 22, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #3,048 of 16,931

Quote:
Have these come out yet?
Fischer Audio: TS-9005

These look almost the same as the Meelectronics M11+.
blink.gif

They probably use the same OEM MEElectronics does.

May 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #3,049 of 16,931
262s just arrived - pretty obvious from my 3G Touch that they will need an amp, but thats OK - I have several for just such an occasion :wink:

May 23, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #3,050 of 16,931
I just see so many appreciation threads, everyone wants to be part of a "team". I own the TF10, and have my own opinion, I bought them because I couldn't wait any longer for your review.
tongue.gif

The RE-262 packaging is a little assuming by me. In the review below there are pictures of what I believe is included, which I also received when I purchased in April at $149. I'm not on team RE-262, and I realize they are a  kind of boutique company, but this seamed to be the standard now.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545548/living-with-the-hifiman-re-262

per the website

Accessories: four size flanges, balanced 4-pin mini (female) to regular mini (male) adapter, reversed phase (L/R) balanced 4-pin mini (female) to regular mini (male) adapter

But again thanks, your reviews have help me tremendously
Quote:

Backlash... haven't really considered that until now 
tongue.gif

Also, got a link to info on the RE262 case/adapter? I've heard about an adapter but nothing about a case.

May 23, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #3,051 of 16,931
Its more a 'gang' than a 'team', and the first rule of our club is that you never talk about our club. Er. sorry - wrong forum - damn IE9 !

May 23, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #3,052 of 16,931

Quote:
They probably use the same OEM MEElectronics does.

The interesting question is, do they use the M11+ drivers, the old M11 drivers, or something else entirely?

Quote:
I just see so many appreciation threads, everyone wants to be part of a "team". I own the TF10, and have my own opinion, I bought them because I couldn't wait any longer for your review.
tongue.gif

The RE-262 packaging is a little assuming by me. In the review below there are pictures of what I believe is included, which I also received when I purchased in April at $149. I'm not on team RE-262, and I realize they are a  kind of boutique company, but this seamed to be the standard now.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545548/living-with-the-hifiman-re-262

per the website

Accessories: four size flanges, balanced 4-pin mini (female) to regular mini (male) adapter, reversed phase (L/R) balanced 4-pin mini (female) to regular mini (male) adapter

But again thanks, your reviews have help me tremendously

Good info, thanks. I'll try to remember to add it to the thread with the next update.

May 23, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #3,053 of 16,931
Few questions about MEElectronics M6 and Sony Hybrids:

1) Do the hybrids solve or improve the sealing issues?

2) Is the fit tight, loose or just right on the M6?

3) Is there a comfort improvement over the stock tips?

Going to order the M6 in a few days and plan on sticking with them for awhile, so I wanted to upgrade the tips.

[EDIT]: Just to comfirm, these are the Hybrids, correct? http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1306146403&sr=1-1

Thanks,
 Hunter

May 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #3,054 of 16,931

Quote:

Going to order the M6 in a few days and plan on sticking with them for awhile, so I wanted to upgrade the tips.

[EDIT]: Just to comfirm, these are the Hybrids, correct? http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1306146403&sr=1-1

Thanks,
 Hunter

If you have sealing issues, Hybrids are worth trying. If there's not much improvement to be had, they won't do a whole lot for you. The fit on the M6 is tight - I've never had a problem with hybrids coming off. They a bit softer than stock tips (and come in 4 sizes instead of 3) so if you find stock single-flanges uncomfortable hybrids may help. EPEX10A is the right model number. I'd say try the stock tips first and if they're not doing it for you - get the hybrids.

May 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #3,055 of 16,931

Thanks,
 Hunter

1) In the end I suppose it is all subjective since we all different ears. I would say improvement in all likelihood though.

2) Just right, although tight enough they will not slip off.

3) Again, subjective to your ears, but the Hybrids have a reputation of being one of the most comfortable silicone tips on the market, so I guess yes.

Yes, that is them.

May 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #3,056 of 16,931

Quote:
If you have sealing issues, Hybrids are worth trying. If there's not much improvement to be had, they won't do a whole lot for you. The fit on the M6 is tight - I've never had a problem with hybrids coming off. They a bit softer than stock tips (and come in 4 sizes instead of 3) so if you find stock single-flanges uncomfortable hybrids may help. EPEX10A is the right model number. I'd say try the stock tips first and if they're not doing it for you - get the hybrids.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
 Hunter

1) In the end I suppose it is all subjective since we all different ears. I would say improvement in all likelihood though.

2) Just right, although tight enough they will not slip off.

3) Again, subjective to your ears, but the Hybrids have a reputation of being one of the most comfortable silicone tips on the market, so I guess yes.

Yes, that is them.

Thank you both for the responses. I think I'll get both since amazon does free shipping on purchases $25 and over.
More sizes to choose from and possible comfort improvement makes it worth trying, imo.

May 24, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #3,058 of 16,931
Got the J&R open box HJE-900 today.. popped 'em out of the case and everything (pouch, tips, instructions, etc.) looked to to be in "as new" condition except the box which was (obviously) repackaged.

Right away, these are simply gorgeous headphones.. easily the most visually pleasing phones I own.. by far.  I was mesmerized by the shells which appear to change color in different light, the cable was fantastic too.. sturdy, no microphonics, and the brushed metal plugs looks classy and feel sturdy.  The fact the cable is detachable is pretty sweet too but I don't anticipate having to use this feature.. cool amenity nonetheless .  I don't mind the shorter length cord, I wear them over the ear and they look a bit awkward cause of the detachable cables that protrude out.. Frankly, I could care less how they appear to others though.  The tips that were on the phones fit perfectly in my ears which was really nice.. quite comfortable and decent isolation.

A few brief notes about the sound.. I'm not sure if these were burned in extensively or what but they simply sounded fantastic to me in stock form.  I had absolutely no issues with the well-argued treble presentation.. not fatiguing to me in the least.. terrific sparkle and timbre.  I consider someone quite sensitive to sibilance and personally found none of it here.  I played it with a variety of genres and poor recordings and didn't find any issues at all aside from uncovering the artifacts in those bad recordings.  Bass goes deep and is well textured.  The claim that they're subwoofer like in volume and presentation is exaggerated.  The bass is certainly impressive but I don't consider their presentation to be akin to basshead phones in any way.  The midrange has very nice separation and timbre.  The midbass hump is well articulated and doesn't intrude on the (slightly recessed) midrange.. It warms up vocals a fair bit but keeps detail retrieval and balance quite well in the region.  I had to give rock a spin with these phones and the praise for their timbre with this genre is absolutely justified.

The HJE-900 admittedly share quite a bit in terms of signature with the ECCI PR401.. another fantastic phone.  While the Panny's have a more aggressive overall presentation, the PR401 is softer.  I feel the HJE-900 is a clear step ahead of the ECCI phone from my brief listening and comparison of the two.  The HJE is simply more involving and I like how the midbass is tuned much better in the HJE than the PR401.  While the ECCI phone has a bigger soundstage, the HJE is no slouch and certainly fits my taste.  The HJE simply sounds like a maturation on the PR401 sound.. I'll write the rest of my thoughts on the HJE thread.. but the PR401 has clearly been dethroned.  It's still an awesome phone and a definite high VFM under $150.  But the Pannys trump them in virtually every area.

For those who found the HJE a little too aggressive in presentation but didn't want an overly smooth version.. the PR401 awaits you.

I can certainly understand the praise the HJE900 got when it was in the sub $150 market.. they're a bonafide STEAL at their original pricepoint  and I fell very lucky to have gotten them at ~$70.. these phones might be the highest VFM IEM in my collection (price to performance ratio).  Next time they drop to even 150, I would certainly recommend prospective buyers to step on their cat, push their wife out of the way, and run through a screen door to order them.  I would have no problem being stuck in the doghouse with these lovely buds.

May 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #3,059 of 16,931

Quote:
Guys, does turbine pro copper need an amp to shine? I read that it has a low impedance of 20 ohms.
If it needs an amp, would a fiio e11 be good enough? source would be clip+

Need is a strong word.  They do like volume and gain for sure to sound best.  I do prefer a good amp to get the most out of them.  I just like having my detail and articulation well represented.  E11 should be fine. I am NOT a fan of Monster Pros or MDs from the Clip+.  Though some might prefer the more thin and lean signature w/ the Clip+ and their Monsters, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back