Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 6, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #2,852 of 16,931

Quote:
It seems like forever since I last visited Head-Fi. I just spent all day today reading up on what I have missed. Keep up the awesome work joker and thanks for the reviews as always!

That's probably a good thing for your wallet. I presume you are still happy with the CK10 and CK100 :p

May 6, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #2,853 of 16,931

Quote:
music should be passion and emotive, on the mc5 is utterly dead.  why bother?

You mean you don't like 'neutral' sound?  
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 6, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #2,855 of 16,931

Quote:

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the 790 never made it at the rate things are going. I have not heard much of/from Maximo in the past year and I don't think they were at CES 2011, which could indicate financial issues. Their facebook page is ghost city and I haven't seen any review samples distributed in a while.

The VSonic GR07 might be what you want.

I'll look into them. Many thanks
Quote:
also its so crap your ears would thank you if you broke them

stop it! I already bought the damn things. I've got enough buyers remorse.. At least they work well for mowing the grass! okay? :D

May 6, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #2,856 of 16,931
My Meelec SP51 sounds like it's nearly finished with burning in. It's a whole new experience with that frequency test I did. The Comply Foam Tips just add in the detail, thumping bass, and sense of space. It's better than the original pair I had! 
ksc75smile.gif

Although, the detail is still behind the A151, but close with the Comply T-400. 

May 6, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #2,857 of 16,931

Quote:
btw you realise this place is full of obsessive crazys?  curious why you ask about the mc5 and hf3 not both 3 or both 5? 

anyway id say go with the hf if you can, they are very significantly better in everyway than the mc series

yeah, but my version of crazy is a little less benign, i suppose. sorry i didn't notice that there was an MC3 and hf5, i was just going based on what an amazon search for etymotic pulled up.

ugh, the neighbour's dog is driving me insane. my room is on the second story of our house and situated right by their backyard, so the sound travels directly upwards.

would most isolating IEMs be enough to drown out a dog barking? im still not crazy about the ety's. i've been looking at the Phiaton like joker suggested, but thought I might wanna spend a little less than $150 so i can get some nice tips.

would westone 1's + foam tips do the job? 

May 6, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #2,858 of 16,931

Quote:
My Meelec SP51 sounds like it's nearly finished with burning in. It's a whole new experience with that frequency test I did. The Comply Foam Tips just add in the detail, thumping bass, and sense of space. It's better than the original pair I had! 
ksc75smile.gif

S151P's have thumping bass? Hmm, I found the CC51P's to have very little bass. Different sound for different models I guess then.

May 7, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #2,859 of 16,931

Quote:
It seems like forever since I last visited Head-Fi. I just spent all day today reading up on what I have missed. Keep up the awesome work joker and thanks for the reviews as always!

Good to see you around! And thanks - I appreciate that.

Quote:
ksc75smile.gif

The A151 isn't all that detailed for an armature-based phone (compared to higher-end stuff, at least) but I still wouldn't expect the SP51 to match it on the detail front. Maybe I have to dig up my SP51 and find some Complys.

Quote:
yeah, but my version of crazy is a little less benign, i suppose. sorry i didn't notice that there was an MC3 and hf5, i was just going based on what an amazon search for etymotic pulled up.

ugh, the neighbour's dog is driving me insane. my room is on the second story of our house and situated right by their backyard, so the sound travels directly upwards.

would most isolating IEMs be enough to drown out a dog barking? im still not crazy about the ety's. i've been looking at the Phiaton like joker suggested, but thought I might wanna spend a little less than $150 so i can get some nice tips.

would westone 1's + foam tips do the job? 

Yes, isolating IEMs should drown out a dog unless it's right next to you. Honestly, if you're that concerned about it and have the time to do all this research, I would consider the base model Kozee X1. $139 for a custom-fit in earphone in silicone. Definitely highly isolating and won't reach your eardrum. Westone 1 plus foam tips works too but won't isolate as quite much as an Ety+foam tips.

May 7, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2,861 of 16,931

Quote:
Yes, isolating IEMs should drown out a dog unless it's right next to you. Honestly, if you're that concerned about it and have the time to do all this research, I would consider the base model Kozee X1. $139 for a custom-fit in earphone in silicone. Definitely highly isolating and won't reach your eardrum. Westone 1 plus foam tips works too but won't isolate as quite much as an Ety+foam tips.

the Kozee looks good. i know personal preferences vary as far as tips go - i've only really tried plastic before - but is it rare for people to have an issue with custom silicons as far as comfort goes? 

May 7, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #2,862 of 16,931

Quote:
S151P's have thumping bass? Hmm, I found the CC51P's to have very little bass. Different sound for different models I guess then.

If your CC51s had very little bass then either you had a fit problem or something wrong with your model. The CC51 is one of the bassier (especially midbass) earphones I've heard, IMO more bass than the Turbine line. They had a somewhat large hump in the midbass which makes basss seem more apparent.

May 7, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2,865 of 16,931
At first I thought I was addicted to Head-fi.

Now I realize it's just Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back