Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 26, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #2,716 of 16,931
the shape they have, sitting "stuck" in the ear , i feel that will be bothersome for me . same goes for the meelec m6

I would still recommend the W1. You'd be surprised at how comfortable 'form-fitted' IEMs can be. Failing that, I'd go with the A151 or PL50. A151 has less of a midrange emphasis than the PL50/W1 but very good isolation with the right tips. PR401 is not really something to get specifically for vocals - the Silver Bullets would be more like it.

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #2,717 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:
the shape they have, sitting "stuck" in the ear , i feel that will be bothersome for me . same goes for the meelec m6

I would still recommend the W1. You'd be surprised at how comfortable 'form-fitted' IEMs can be. Failing that, I'd go with the A151 or PL50. A151 has less of a midrange emphasis than the PL50/W1 but very good isolation with the right tips. PR401 is not really something to get specifically for vocals - the Silver Bullets would be more like it.

thanks joker

my pl50 are already on their way (been ordered i few weeks before) , but it seems they'll take a while more than expected.
but from you say, the pl50 should match my needs similarly like the w1/a151.
about the silver bullet, to be honest i dont like the design. yes, i know it's a silly reason but still....
i guess the sunrise xcape  wont meet my needs too?
and about "form-fitted" i dont want to take a risk for that price , but i may consider trying first the m6 only for comfort matter and then reconsider the W1

anyway. what about the DBA-02 , Brainwavz B2 and triple10 i mentioned before?. the B2 preorder seems really a good deal and i dont want to miss it.  but im not sure which to get (if any)
i think the B2 and DBA-02 wont be so different , like the t10 will. but i want to know which ones will match my tastes

Apr 26, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #2,719 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

Then again, if the "form" doesn't fit your ear it's just a big pain. I discovered that my old M6 had a shell that was too big for my ears, which caused discomfort. No wonder I never liked IEMs, what with my first two experiences being the ear-raping iM716 and the too-large M6.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #2,720 of 16,931

thanks joker

my pl50 are already on their way (been ordered i few weeks before) , but it seems they'll take a while more than expected.
about the silver bullet, to be honest i dont like the design. yes, i know it's a silly reason but still....
and about "form-fitted" i dont want to take a risk for that price , but i may consider trying first the m6 only for comfort matter and then reconsider the W1

anyway. what about the DBA-02 , Brainwavz B2 and triple10 i mentioned before?. the B2 preorder seems really a good deal and i dont want to miss it.  but im not sure which to get (if any)
i think the B2 and DBA-02 wont be so different , like the t10 will. but i want to know which ones will match my tastes

Production versions of the B2 and DBA-02 should sound quite similar. TF10 is very different and there was a thread somewhere with TF10/Fischer comparisons.

Any progress on the MC5's? I'd like to see how they stand up to RE0s.

MC5 review is finished and should be posted later this week.

Then again, if the "form" doesn't fit your ear it's just a big pain. I discovered that my old M6 had a shell that was too big for my ears, which caused discomfort. No wonder I never liked IEMs, what with my first two experiences being the ear-raping iM716 and the too-large M6.

W1 is significantly smaller and slimmer than the M6 which is why i was wondering.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #2,721 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

thanks joker

Production versions of the B2 and DBA-02 should sound quite similar. TF10 is very different and there was a thread somewhere with TF10/Fischer comparisons.

Quote:

W1 is significantly smaller and slimmer than the M6 which is why i was wondering.

yes. i checked that thread just now. and from what i've read the triple f10 dont seem to be for me. i'll double check your own review of the b2.

any picture comparing the m6 and W1 ?
algthough from your multi-review, the sound points of the W1 are lower than the Dba-02. should i take that on count for my signature tastes.
since you mentioned the W1 "shine" with vocals, i really wanted 'em.... but as i mentioned i'm afraid of having comfort issues
looks like i'll get the B2, just hope not to make a mistake

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2,722 of 16,931
I just got a pair of A151s from the Amazon deal for $50. However, I'm having trouble getting right fit and isolation. I use Sony hybrids with my M6s and they fit really well. Any advice on a pair of tips for the A151s?

Basically, I want better isolation. The meelec tips are always flimsy. 

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #2,723 of 16,931

Quote:
yes. i checked that thread just now. and from what i've read the triple f10 dont seem to be for me. i'll double check your own review of the b2.  
any picture comparing the m6 and W1 ?

Sorry, no such photo that I'm aware of.

Quote:
I just got a pair of A151s from the Amazon deal for $50. However, I'm having trouble getting right fit and isolation. I use Sony hybrids with my M6s and they fit really well. Any advice on a pair of tips for the A151s?

Basically, I want better isolation. The meelec tips are always flimsy. 

Hybrids should work with the A151 as well - the notch on the nozzle keeps them very secure - unless yours are stretched out by larger earphones already. Other tips that fit are Phonak silicone tips for the PFE and Monster Supertips. Probably some Complys, too, though I don't know which size.

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2,725 of 16,931

Quote:
Is the Vsonic GR07 going to be added to the list anytime soon?

No, Joker listened to Pianist and has decided to stop posting reviews.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #2,726 of 16,931
joker,
if u dont mind, can u help list me out 5 dynamic iems, within the $200 price bracket, that have a balance sound like sm3, of slightly more bassier.

1. smoothest sound, zero harshness.
2. widest extension, lower freq is more prioritized than high freq.

thanks

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #2,727 of 16,931

Quote:
No, Joker listened to Pianist and has decided to stop posting reviews.

Definitely thought about it.

Quote:
joker,
if u dont mind, can u help list me out 5 dynamic iems, within the $200 price bracket, that have a balance sound like sm3, of slightly more bassier.

1. smoothest sound, zero harshness.
2. widest extension, lower freq is more prioritized than high freq.

thanks

Wait, you want all of those in one earphone? RE262 or MTPG would probably be closest but the latter cannot compete with the SM3 in resolution and the former has arguably less bass (or at least less impact) than the SM3. The VSonic GR07 probably has the best top-to-bottom presence but it is definitely not emphasized down low and also not the most inoffensive set in terms of harshness/sibilance. The DDM is another one with emphasized bass but it has other issues...

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #2,728 of 16,931
^
lol.. sorry was a bit confusing.. ahahaha..
then i said sound balance like sm3, i was more referring to the quantity of lows, mids, and highs, not detail or resolution. specifically i wanted to know what single dynamic driver, with open acoustic, that doesnt lack in terms of quantity, and have a good extension especially at the lower end. Iem that does 'complete' bass is something like vb or ddm, but vb is harsh and dry sounding, ddm is 2 soundstage position issue.
so anyway lets list out 5 of whats u think is smoothest sounding single dynamics that is not offensive, and vented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back