Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 3, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2,522 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks a lot, will check them all out. I'd also like something with really good isolation as I'll be using these when mowing the lawn.

Isnt that a bit dangerous?
rolleyes.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #2,525 of 16,931
Apr 4, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #2,527 of 16,931

Quote:
ljoker said:
l /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are reviews of both on the front page of the thread. M3 is pretty balanced with maybe a tough of forwardness in the mids. The PR401 is mildly v-shaped with emphasis on mid-bass and treble.

Joker,

It seems to me that I finally understand what i want and i finally decided. I will pick the PR401.

Hearing to CKM55 today with very attention i see what i like on their sound - is the sparkle highs and the bass (i don't know if is mid bass, but is from drums of bands like Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Eagles...). But i hear too the harsh highs and sibilance on them, and now i understand what these words mean, hehehe. It's good to see that my ears have detected these weakness of my IEM, because i while back i can't hear this things or ignored it. I'm very new to sound and don't know very much.

I look to emphasis on treble, bass and great instrumental separation. The ECCI PR401 seems to have this and i have a feeling that i don't will be dissaponted with them because of good reviews around there, include your review. It's is proballly much better than my actual IEM, i have no doubt of that.

Thank for your multi-review, it's the most complete review i see around here.

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #2,528 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker,

It seems to me that I finally understand what i want and i finally decided. I will pick the PR401.

Hearing to CKM55 today with very attention i see what i like on their sound - is the sparkle highs and the bass (i don't know if is mid bass, but is from drums of bands like Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Eagles...). But i hear too the harsh highs and sibilance on them, and now i understand what these words mean, hehehe. It's good to see that my ears have detected these weakness of my IEM, because i while back i can't hear this things or ignored it. I'm very new to sound and don't know very much.

I look to emphasis on treble, bass and great instrumental separation. The ECCI PR401 seems to have this and i have a feeling that i don't will be dissaponted with them because of good reviews around there, include your review. It's is proballly much better than my actual IEM, i have no doubt of that.

That's not a good thing for you. Now you start down the slippery slope... sorry about your wallet!

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #2,529 of 16,931

Quote:
Excellent coverage on the various equipment... love it

Thanks!

Quote:

Great choice! Hopefully you'll be able to listen to the CKM55 and PR401 side by side to see how they differ. There's really no better way to get down into the thick of things than with comparative listening.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #2,530 of 16,931

Quote:

Thanks!

Great choice! Hopefully you'll be able to listen to the CKM55 and PR401 side by side to see how they differ. There's really no better way to get down into the thick of things than with comparative listening.

True fact! In sound, there's no way better to compare than hear side-by-side. That's why i think is so hard to decide for a new headphone or IEM.

I will post here telling of what i think about PR401 and how much he is better than CKM55.

And Aflac, my wallet got threatened in the first listen with CKM55, hahaha. Since then, i got addicted to look for the sound nirvana like everyone.

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #2,531 of 16,931
I agree.  no better way than to compare side by side.  However the wallet takes a bit of a beating.  Its also worth keeping in mind Jokers impression of the IEMs as you hear them.  I.e you'll get to understand what joker considers to have too much/little bass, forward/recessed mids etc.  This in turn should make future purchases much easier.

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #2,532 of 16,931
Just wanted to thank Joker for all the work he's put into this. It's been very helpful. I've pretty much decided on the CC51. I'm going to sleep on it, but that's my decision. And yes I'll be careful with the shirt clip. :p

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #2,533 of 16,931
Added Denon AH-C360 & H2O Audio Surge Pro Mini (waterproof BA-based earphone).

Quote:
Just wanted to thank Joker for all the work he's put into this. It's been very helpful. I've pretty much decided on the CC51. I'm going to sleep on it, but that's my decision. And yes I'll be careful with the shirt clip. :p

Awesome 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back