Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #2,446 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:
With the stock Fischer single flanges it sounded like I was getting a seal, it was only with the biflanges and hybrid-like tips that I couldn't get to seal (these sounded even worse, less bass and thinner treble). I ordered a set of T100 Comply's, which should be here by the end of the week, which should help seal and attenuate some of the treble. That might do a lot of good.

To be picky, DKaz specifically mentioned the TX-100 Comply's. The TX versions have the ear guard, which I read as claimed to "ever so slightly calms the 8KHz region."

It's not clear that the T-100 would do that.

I know, but the TX series is $5 more per set of 3 ($20 compared to $15). When you consider that you have to replace Complys every month or so (probably more often for me), I'm wary of spending more money than I already have to to "fix" an IEM. After a year or so I could've just gotten a custom to begin with and not had to deal with getting new tips.

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #2,447 of 16,931
@jiddo...I have both the m6p and the 700m. The m6 is a great iem for the gym and for active listening(least amount of 'walking' noise from any iem for me). The sound is good, but not as good as the 700m which is very solid sound quality wise but not as good for active listening. Both have a lot of bass, but to me the 700m has a fuller more complete sound. I got the m6p for $20 and think its an amazing value, but at full retail its less so. Very happy with it for the gym though.

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #2,448 of 16,931

Quote:
@jiddo...I have both the m6p and the 700m. The m6 is a great iem for the gym and for active listening(least amount of 'walking' noise from any iem for me). The sound is good, but not as good as the 700m which is very solid sound quality wise but not as good for active listening. Both have a lot of bass, but to me the 700m has a fuller more complete sound. I got the m6p for $20 and think its an amazing value, but at full retail its less so. Very happy with it for the gym though.

Thanks, answers my question perfectly.  I just found newegg has some valentines leftover m6's for $30Cdn for 2 pairs, only downside is one of them is PINK
redface.gif
.  I haven't been to the gym in ages because I get (too much) exercise at work right now but if things change I'll know what to get then if the nuforce don't cut it.. I mean you're getting rid of your 700m it looks like so the m6 must be pretty decent.
smile.gif

Cheers!

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #2,449 of 16,931
I almost got that 'valentines' pack for my wife and I   but then I would have to admit I bought new headphones :wink: and yes the m6 is definitely decent...the 700m was an impulse buy and I don't need the iphone controls so its got to go

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #2,450 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker, out of curiosity - do you remember all the sound signatures of everything you've listened to, or do you refer to notes or something?

A little of both. I have pretty extensive notes on everything I've listened to - I don't write reviews immediately but rather let my impressions simmer and then write off of a combination of an earphone's "aftertaste" and my notes. If it's something I want to go back and listen to again, it scores a little higher. If I couldn't care less to hear it again, it scores lower. I've found that regardless of signature earphones that are capable and interesting will be difficult to put down while ones that are flawed or boring will likely end up sitting in my desk until I sell them off or give them away. In the long term, I really don't remember entry-level sets very well since I spend maybe 2-3 hours listening to them for a review. High end sets can take 10 times longer and I get a much longer-lasting picture of what they sound like.

Quote:
Thanks for the info Joker. The CKM55, from what i've read from friends, share the same sound signature of Brainwavz M2, but M2 is a lot better.

So, the M3 have same sound signature of M2 but is better?

I'm considered the HJE900, but now i can only find them for the MSRP price - $250. Do you think that they worth in this price?
There's also the Triple Fi, but i read too much fit issues.

The M2 and M3 aren't too different but I wouldn't say they have the same signature. The M3 tries to be more balanced while the M2 is just uncompromisingly mid-forward with pretty strong bass.

I would not buy the HJE900 at $250. If you want that sort of signature get the ECCI PR401 and keep the rest of the $250 for later.

Quote:
How is the soundstage of the W4 compared to the DBA-02, sorry if this question has been answered before. 

I would say the W4's is bigger but with a caveat - the DBA-02 is leaner and can sound more airy/separated-out. The W4 tends to fill its entire stage. 

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #2,451 of 16,931
Hey Joker, your describtion of ER-4 interested me, have you by chance heard the ER-6i? If so, could you tell sth about them?
I'm now considering them or Audeo (seller includes all filters). I know both will have totally different sig than the HPs I own, but I'm interested in trying sth new :)
Thanks in advance

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #2,452 of 16,931

Quote:

A little of both. I have pretty extensive notes on everything I've listened to - I don't write reviews immediately but rather let my impressions simmer and then write off of a combination of an earphone's "aftertaste" and my notes. If it's something I want to go back and listen to again, it scores a little higher. If I couldn't care less to hear it again, it scores lower. I've found that regardless of signature earphones that are capable and interesting will be difficult to put down while ones that are flawed or boring will likely end up sitting in my desk until I sell them off or give them away. In the long term, I really don't remember entry-level sets very well since I spend maybe 2-3 hours listening to them for a review. High end sets can take 10 times longer and I get a much longer-lasting picture of what they sound like.

The M2 and M3 aren't too different but I wouldn't say they have the same signature. The M3 tries to be more balanced while the M2 is just uncompromisingly mid-forward with pretty strong bass.

I would not buy the HJE900 at $250. If you want that sort of signature get the ECCI PR401 and keep the rest of the $250 for later.

I would say the W4's is bigger but with a caveat - the DBA-02 is leaner and can sound more airy/separated-out. The W4 tends to fill its entire stage. 

Joker, when you say that M3 is "balanced" you refer to a balanced signature, with more emphasis on bass and treble?

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #2,454 of 16,931

Quote:
Hi |joker|, please do a review for Sony EX1000. Thank you so much for all of this!

Since he gets these a lot...Only way a review will happen is if the manufacturer sends a review pair or someone lends it to him. Doubt the former is going to happen so I will wait for the latter. 

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #2,456 of 16,931
hey. i'm looking to buy new earphones for my sony player. I was looking at cx300II and CX280 sennheisers. this review makes cx280 seem  better than cx300 but how does it relate to cx300II? i'm gonna use it for mostly rock/metal/pop music. 280 is slightly cheaper as well...don't know which one to get.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #2,457 of 16,931
Quote:
Hey Joker, your describtion of ER-4 interested me, have you by chance heard the ER-6i? If so, could you tell sth about them?
I'm now considering them or Audeo (seller includes all filters). I know both will have totally different sig than the HPs I own, but I'm interested in trying sth new :)
Thanks in advance

The Er6i is quite old. It was one of my first proper mid-range IEMs and is probably the earphone that weaned me onto analytical sound. It's an earphone with great clarity and detail but pretty noticeable bass roll-off and not much soundstaging prowess. It is not as good as the Phonak PFE and the ER4 is definitely a class above it. If you can't afford an ER4 but want an Ety, I'd recommend the HF5 (review coming soon). It's 90% of the ER4's sound in a cheaper and more user-friendly package.

Quote:
Joker, when you say that M3 is "balanced" you refer to a balanced signature, with more emphasis on bass and treble?

Or, alternatively, less emphasis on the mids.

Quote:
Since he gets these a lot...Only way a review will happen is if the manufacturer sends a review pair or someone lends it to him. Doubt the former is going to happen so I will wait for the latter.

Thanks. I guess this is another one for that FAQ I've been meaning to write.

Quote:
hey. i'm looking to buy new earphones for my sony player. I was looking at cx300II and CX280 sennheisers. this review makes cx280 seem  better than cx300 but how does it relate to cx300II? i'm gonna use it for mostly rock/metal/pop music. 280 is slightly cheaper as well...don't know which one to get.

The CX300-II is just a rebadged CX400. No idea what it sounds like. In the context of the reviews, you have to understand that the CX300 was released more than five years ago (and, IIRC, based on a Sharp model that's even older than that) while the CX280 is a fairly recent release. Doesn't matter how many confusing naming conventions Sennheiser uses, the CX300 is just plain old. If the CX280 is cheaper than the CX300-II/CX400 and you must have a Sennheiser, I'd consider it a safe bet.

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #2,459 of 16,931

Quote:

One of them needs to happen but for some odd reason I doubt it.

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #2,460 of 16,931

Quote:
The CX300-II is just a rebadged CX400. No idea what it sounds like. In the context of the reviews, you have to understand that the CX300 was released more than five years ago (and, IIRC, based on a Sharp model that's even older than that) while the CX280 is a fairly recent release. Doesn't matter how many confusing naming conventions Sennheiser uses, the CX300 is just plain old. If the CX280 is cheaper than the CX300-II/CX400 and you must have a Sennheiser, I'd consider it a safe bet.

well it doesn't have to be Sennheiser, I've just read good things about them online :p a lot of the players in this review I can't find in any shop near me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back