Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 21, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #2,131 of 16,931
@ |joker|: thanks again!....:)

Feb 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #2,132 of 16,931
Thanks joker!

Hey anyone and everyone, I've just downsized my collection to a Sansa Clip & a pair of Yuin PK3's - and I'm loving the bass - treble and general sound signature of these little earbuds. 

Can anyone recommend a pair of Meelec earphones that would roughly equal the sound of the PK3's, as far as bass and treble is concerned? I used to own a pair of AI-M9 but I'm having trouble remembering their sound. I remember it was quite bassy and a little aggressive, but quite a spacious sound. I remember liking them though.  

I sold my pair of Brainwavz M2's because the sound was way too dark and mid-centric for me. The bass lacked 'fun' and the treble rolled off too early for my liking.   

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #2,133 of 16,931
Added Meelec M16 & RX11

Quote:
Hey anyone and everyone, I've just downsized my collection to a Sansa Clip & a pair of Yuin PK3's - and I'm loving the bass - treble and general sound signature of these little earbuds. 

Can anyone recommend a pair of Meelec earphones that would roughly equal the sound of the PK3's, as far as bass and treble is concerned? I used to own a pair of AI-M9 but I'm having trouble remembering their sound. I remember it was quite bassy and a little aggressive, but quite a spacious sound. I remember liking them though.  

I sold my pair of Brainwavz M2's because the sound was way too dark and mid-centric for me. The bass lacked 'fun' and the treble rolled off too early for my liking.   

Thanks!

It's been a while since I've heard the PK3 so perhaps someone else can comment. However, if you can afford them there's almost no reason to get any of the other Meelec IEMs over the CC51 (the A151 is darker so that's out of the question for you). 

Feb 22, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #2,134 of 16,931
I've been following this forum for quite sometime, but registered today.
Just wanted to thank ljokerl for his awesome reviews!

Its been a pleasure going through the details and understanding a lot of things about IEMs

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #2,135 of 16,931

Quote:
I've been following this forum for quite sometime, but registered today.
Just wanted to thank ljokerl for his awesome reviews!

Its been a pleasure going through the details and understanding a lot of things about IEMs

Thanks, glad the reviews have been useful 
beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #2,136 of 16,931

Hello joker. A quick question about the q-jays. I am looking on this cause i hope they have the signature on M1 that lacks a bit. I am talking about the thickness of M1 that is a bit strange to me and also i would like them a bit more clean and bright. What do you think?

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #2,137 of 16,931
Fischer Audio Eterna or NuForce NE700X for electronic music? I can't really tell the difference between the two from reviews, honestly. They both sound like they have loud, rumbling, punchy bass, and good if recessed mids and highs. What's the difference between the two?

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #2,138 of 16,931

Quote:

Hello joker. A quick question about the q-jays. I am looking on this cause i hope they have the signature on M1 that lacks a bit. I am talking about the thickness of M1 that is a bit strange to me and also i would like them a bit more clean and bright. What do you think?

The q-JAYS are very clear but I wouldn't call them bright. If you really want to move in that direction, the UE700 might be worth looking into since they can be found for <$100 used. Or you could wait for the Brainwavz B2 as those should deliver all the clean-and-bright you can handle.

Quote:
Fischer Audio Eterna or NuForce NE700X for electronic music? I can't really tell the difference between the two from reviews, honestly. They both sound like they have loud, rumbling, punchy bass, and good if recessed mids and highs. What's the difference between the two?

I would say Eterna - I like it a little better on the whole and the fit is less fidgety. It's a bit less balanced than the NE-700X but it seems like that's what you're after.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #2,140 of 16,931

Quote:
Wow! MEElectronics seems to be doing shockingly good with their new line-up. Hope that gets some attention!

I think only three Meelec products qualify for 'shockingly good' for me personally - the M9, CX21, and CC51. The A151, M6, M21, and CW31 are just very good all-rounders. The rest will be hit-or-miss depending on the user. 

Feb 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #2,142 of 16,931

Quote:
I think only three Meelec products qualify for 'shockingly good' for me personally - the M9, CX21, and CC51. The A151, M6, M21, and CW31 are just very good all-rounders. The rest will be hit-or-miss depending on the user. 

I guess I'm at a loss about the M9 being shockingly good but not the M6.  You mean bang/buck wise?  

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #2,143 of 16,931

Quote:
I guess I'm at a loss about the M9 being shockingly good but not the M6.  You mean bang/buck wise?  

Yes - I guess I still think of the M6 as costing over $30. That and the last M6 I heard didn't sound as good as my old one (or my M9). It may have been defective though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back