Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #1,921 of 16,931
Nah, I did drop on the £35 Turbines though. Will see how they go but I'm not expecting miracles.

I thought I'd inquire on these Turbine Pro Coppers and see what I turned up. Might shoot eBay an email because the advert is very misleading, taking into account what he told me.

Quote:
The title states they are "Monster Turbine Pro Copper Edition", not "Monster Turbine Pro Copper Edition REPLICAS", which is very misleading so you might be able to do something about it. The only hint that they might be replicas is in the product description (notice it's right at the very bottom ¬_¬) where it says they are "AAA quality", but that could've easily been interpreted as "A+ quality" for someone unfamiliar with the term (I had to Google what it meant) and it still doesn't specifically mean they're replicas/fakes (from wikipedia: "AAA, or Triple-A, may be a three-letter acronym or may just mean something that is high-quality, premier, or excellent.").

Did you already purchase them from him? You should report him to eBay/Monster as selling fake merchandise and not clearly stating that they aren't the official product.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #1,922 of 16,931
@|joker|

Thanks for this comprehensive review that just keeps going on.  I wondering, do you think the Fischer Audio Silver Bullets are characteristic of their house sound? I just bought some from a fellow head-fier and am really enjoying them. Enough to make me think that getting a DBA-02 wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #1,923 of 16,931
Do Fischer even have a house sound? It looks like they just have a whole bunch of different earphones to have something for everyone.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #1,924 of 16,931
Hi, so I currently have a pair of UE 500's, and I'm considering upgrading. I was wondering, based on your impressions of them, at what point would I see a significant improvement? I'm probably looking for an overall more balanced sound btw

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #1,926 of 16,931
Fischer don't have a house sound. The DBA02s sound very different to the SBs. The SBs are a well balanced and fun v-shaped iem whereas the DBAs are overall linear and analytical, less dynamic and fun.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #1,927 of 16,931

Quote:
Hi, so I currently have a pair of UE 500's, and I'm considering upgrading. I was wondering, based on your impressions of them, at what point would I see a significant improvement? I'm probably looking for an overall more balanced sound btw

I think you'd have to move to something like the RE-ZERO to see a noticeable improvement over the UE500. The UE500 is actually a pretty decent earphone, though slightly overpriced for what it offers. 

Quote:
Fischer don't have a house sound. The DBA02s sound very different to the SBs. The SBs are a well balanced and fun v-shaped iem whereas the DBAs are overall linear and analytical, less dynamic and fun.

+1. I think that Fischer, like all of the smaller hi-fi manufacturers, shops around with many OEMs to find earphones that they like and then ask for them to be tuned this way or that. It's definitely safer to choose an upgrade path based on the sound signature of the SBs and not the brand...

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #1,928 of 16,931
There's something in the way FA render mids which I really enjoy.  I own the 003, 004, SB, and DBA.. and can hear a similarity in the way the mids seem tuned.  While all these phones have quite different signatures, the mids with all the FA phones Iv'e heard always have a surprising degree of clarity and instrument separation (despite how the bass & treble is tuned).  This has always seemed apparent to my ears no matter how warm/fun or cool/analytical the overall sound of their phones are.

Just my 2c.

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #1,929 of 16,931
HJE900 vs. ECCI 401
 ​
 ​
Joker asked if I could give my impressions of the two.  I own the CZ's (HJE900).  I describe them as FUN the FUNNEST, see that word as billboard sized.  They are heavily theatrical.  You get a deep bass it is subwoofer in impact.  It is spherical, it is like being at the circus and watching the instruments swing from the trapeze, lots of oohs and ahhhs. When you are listening to music it is an EVENT at times stunning.  So what happened why would I ever want another? 

I've changed, I'm more mellow myself, contemplative.  I felt that I was getting sensory overload and wanted something more relaxed.

Enter the 401's.  There is ample bass for me, but less accentuated as the CZ's These are still fun, but see it as tiny print, they are the last step until analytical territory.  They are everything that Joker has written of them (who am I to try to technically review against the golden ears of Joker).  What I can say is that they are very sweet, very pretty.  They delight so gently, coy in their presentation.  The more time I spend the more I can melt and relax, fall asleep even. 

Are the 401's better?  No way.  But they are better for me right now.  Suiting me perfectly.  Unfortunately the only upgrade says Joker is the JVC  FX700 over 300 bucks.

I'm going to sell my CZ's.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #1,930 of 16,931
This thread gets tons of looks so I think I am going to jump on the bandwagon of "what upgrade makes sense for me".  currently the IEMs I use (VB and soon to arrive Eterna) are fun, bassy sound sigs.  I am looking for something that steps more into the detail realm...something to add some variety to my inventory.  These would be the set I break out for acoustic music or stuff that has strong vocal presence.  I still need some bass in there though.  I think my J3 and BBE can help me bring this out in most IEMs so I am not too scared about that.  I am intrigued by the Phonaks, Silver Bullet, RE0, RE0Zero, SW-Xscape, Meelectronics a151.  Maybe a Thinksound product.  What do you guys think?

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #1,931 of 16,931
I thought you were done Orange1 :) It's nice to see a familiar face around after a hiatus. Thanks for the impressions on them compared to the HJE900. The flat cable and tangling probably won't make them for me if it's really bad.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #1,932 of 16,931
Well rawrster  I suppose if you put your mp3 player down and then do several somersaults,  your gonna have a problem with the linguine you know.

May God help me, I just bought the M2 from mp4nation for 36 bucks.  But then I'm out!

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #1,933 of 16,931

Quote:
Well rawrster  I suppose if you put your mp3 player down and then do several somersaults,  your gonna have a problem with the linguine you know.

May God help me, I just bought the M2 from mp4nation for 36 bucks.  But then I'm out!

Where did you get the M2s for 36$? cant find it on the Mp4nation website.

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,934 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

Where did you get the M2s for 36$? cant find it on the Mp4nation website.

When you first get to the portable gear forum, look up on the left, and first offer is from the new mp4nationusa and right now it is 39 bucks as the 5% storewide discount is over.  Click on the link up on the left and it will take you to their store with the 39 price. 

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #1,935 of 16,931
Wow what a sweetdeal.
 Still trying to figure out which IEM to go for.M2 or M3. Even though this seems like a nobrainer.

Man besides the steaks and gasprices....all these sweet deals makes me jealous. Never understood why one of the wealthiest nations in the world also always ends up with the best deals.
Just compare the respective deal threads.

Btw i guess i am infected here too. Already thinking which IEM i want to try next,...and havn't even done my first serious purchase yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back