Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 22, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #1,891 of 16,931

Quote:

Quote:

Haha yeah, I meant 3A :p. Me and my stupid typos.
After reading your reviews and both of them I think I'm going to go for the M1's
biggrin.gif
I think I'd rather have a more balanced sound than hard hitting.
Thanks for all your help!

Oh, and by the way. Even though I'm pretty new to this site, I have to say that you're the coolest and most helpful head-fi person so far
biggrin.gif
You help a lot people in a lot ways, thanks a lot
wink.gif

If you're going order the M1, order it through MP4Nations new US website. There's currently a 5% discount, and it wouldn't take 3 weeks of waiting for them.

From what I can see, it's the same price on Amazon and I have free two day shipping :).

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,895 of 16,931
Thanks for the review on pearl Joker.

My experience with them is very similar with yours, the only downsides that I can think of are the driver flex issue, inefficiency, and not being very dynamic overall.

They are however, one of the most natural sounding IEMs I've ever heard. I'll also admit that I've been listening to them more than my more expensive IEMs.

It's a bit difficult to imagine the M3 being that neutral because of the mid bump in M2. I did sign up for the review program. I'll compare the two if I was chosen for the review.

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #1,897 of 16,931
Quote:
I have been all day refreshing this page to see if you would add some ultimate ears, lol!

Someday... I just got the SF3 last week so I have to spend time with that now.

Quote:
Then how's the CC51 in terms of bass and treble?

Bass response is good - big but not overwhelming. Somewhere between Silver Bullet and Brainwavz M2 in quantity. The treble is smoothed-over and laid-back but fine on the whole. Full review will probably be up the week after next.

Quote:
Thanks for the review on pearl Joker.

My experience with them is very similar with yours, the only downsides that I can think of are the driver flex issue, inefficiency, and not being very dynamic overall.

They are however, one of the most natural sounding IEMs I've ever heard. I'll also admit that I've been listening to them more than my more expensive IEMs.

It's a bit difficult to imagine the M3 being that neutral because of the mid bump in M2. I did sign up for the review program. I'll compare the two if I was chosen for the review.

Yes, unlike the Boom, the Pearl was one I truly enjoyed. Too bad I like my Brainwavz M1 and iM-590 a little better or it could have become the new $40 benchmark. Plus, I think it has been discontinued although I really can't tell with Hippo anymore. 

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think ordering them from amazon would result in a three-week wait as they are shipping from one of amazon's own warehouses.

If you look closely, the Brainwavz stuff on amazon is still sold by MP4Nation, just fulfilled by Amazon

Yes, which means it ships from an amazon fulfillment center.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #1,899 of 16,931
Would be curious to hear your review on Creative EP830 someday (they are available at equivalent USD$46 over at Singapore), As those were quite bang-for-buck for me in the Singapore Market
ksc75smile.gif

However~ I am more looking forward to you dishing out the tasty reviews about the UE Families for now
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #1,900 of 16,931
During the insertion of a dynamic driver iem into your ear, the driver can be compressed due to air pressure, and can be heard as an annoying and worrying sound. That's driver flex. Usually, it does not do any harm to the iem though.

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #1,901 of 16,931

Quote:
During the insertion of a dynamic driver iem into your ear, the driver can be compressed due to air pressure, and can be heard as an annoying and worrying sound. That's driver flex. Usually, it does not do any harm to the iem though.

mm thank you. Indeed, i experience what you describe quite often.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #1,902 of 16,931
How are the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 4's rated? (NOT the 4 vi)

I spotted them in the UK for £35 and from the general gist of things I hear about UE, they are pretty darn good. I have my Brainwavz ProAlpha's (£26) en route, finally left Hong Kong, and should be with me in days. If I sell up the ProAlpha's and the Fiio E5 Amp (free gift) I'll break even money-wise and be able to afford the UE SuperFi4's.

However, I would like to know the general opinion on SuperFi 4's before I make a judgement. How much better are they than the ProAlpha's? Are they better? If it makes any difference, I already have the appropriate Comply tips for them (SuperFi 4's use the same tips as the ProAlpha's, lucky coincidence perhaps)

They also have the UE Metro.Fi 150v for £38... just another thing to toy with.

Sound profile: I listen to a very wide variety of music including rock, rap, hip hop, dance, metal, pop etc. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what other music types are. I like, I listen.. I'm a simple man at heart :)

EDIT: Seems like I can pick up Monster Turbines from eBay UK for £35 too. Good reseller rating, BNIB. Any ideas?

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #1,903 of 16,931

Quote:

I spotted them in the UK for £35 and from the general gist of things I hear about UE, they are pretty darn good. I have my Brainwavz ProAlpha's (£26) en route, finally left Hong Kong, and should be with me in days. If I sell up the ProAlpha's and the Fiio E5 Amp (free gift) I'll break even money-wise and be able to afford the UE SuperFi4's.

However, I would like to know the general opinion on SuperFi 4's before I make a judgement. How much better are they than the ProAlpha's? Are they better? If it makes any difference, I already have the appropriate Comply tips for them (SuperFi 4's use the same tips as the ProAlpha's, lucky coincidence perhaps)

Sound profile: I listen to a very wide variety of music including rock, rap, hip hop, dance, metal, pop etc. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what other music types are. I like, I listen.. I'm a simple man at heart :)

Yeah the UE line-up review is really interesting.  Especially the 600 since it is really similar to the audeo pfe

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,904 of 16,931
The MC5 review has been in progress for a long time! Any idea when that'll be up joker?

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #1,905 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah the UE line-up review is really interesting.  Especially the 600 since it is really similar to the audeo pfe

Isn't the UE600 just a rebranded superfi 5 (which has been reviewed by joker)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back