Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 20, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #991 of 16,931

Wow, I love dedication like this. Thanks for the hard work Joker. I've been reading for some time on Head-Fi now but this thread made me post.
Any idea on when you'll update your OP again? I'll base my next buy on it. Thanks! 

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #992 of 16,931
I shall be watching this thread for updates now, seeing as you have two of my most recent acquisitions in for review at the moment. I've had the W2's for about 3 weeks now and I received Benny's sm3s today. I'm interested to read your thoughts. Also I loved the MD review, even though I'm now firmly convinced they're not for me that was very descriptive and objective. As a person who has never heard them but has owned quite a few earphones it's very easy to appreciate how they'll sound. Thanks for you dedication in this thread.

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #993 of 16,931
Quote:
Looking forward to your LiL Jamz Review, though JamZ sounds different from LiL JamZ as i have heard from others but Normal JamZ are pretty bang-for-bucks even though i sold them to tide my thin wallet from buying the MD =)

I have to say that the Lil' Jamz has very little in common with the sound of the Turbine line. I'd never have guessed it a Monster earphone from the sound alone - maybe JVC or Denon but not Monster.

Quote:
I shall be watching this thread for updates now, seeing as you have two of my most recent acquisitions in for review at the moment. I've had the W2's for about 3 weeks now and I received Benny's sm3s today. I'm interested to read your thoughts. Also I loved the MD review, even though I'm now firmly convinced they're not for me that was very descriptive and objective. As a person who has never heard them but has owned quite a few earphones it's very easy to appreciate how they'll sound. Thanks for you dedication in this thread.

Thanks, good to hear that the thread has the potential to save money as well. Westone 2 is in the works, might be part of the next update (unless I muster up the courage for a go at the Skullcandy FMJ and Sony XB40EX). SM3 will take longer as it's not fitting into my scoring framework very well.

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #994 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:
Looking forward to your LiL Jamz Review, though JamZ sounds different from LiL JamZ as i have heard from others but Normal JamZ are pretty bang-for-bucks even though i sold them to tide my thin wallet from buying the MD =)

I have to say that the Lil' Jamz has very little in common with the sound of the Turbine line. I'd never have guessed it a Monster earphone from the sound alone - maybe JVC or Denon but not Monster.

Quote:

Thanks, good to hear that the thread has the potential to save money as well. Westone 2 is in the works, might be part of the next update (unless I muster up the courage for a go at the Skullcandy FMJ and Sony XB40EX). SM3 will take longer as it's not fitting into my scoring framework very well.

Yes! I don't know how's it for lil jamz but for jamz when you compare them to the turbines, These definitely don't have sonic specs on par, but yet the JAMz seems to tell you that he don't tries as hard as the turbines, but still delivers with delight, making it like a crisp breath of fresh air when you compare JAMz's sound signature to the Turbines.

Just my 2 cents of opinion~

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #995 of 16,931

Quote:
SM3 will take longer as it's not fitting into my scoring framework very well.

Lol.  The SM3 paradox.  Anax's scoring matrix:

Do I like this iem?  Maybe.
Should I?  Probably.
Will I?  Magic 8-Ball says, "The future is uncertain." 

Oct 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #997 of 16,931

Quote:
I don't get it...

Exactly  
wink_face.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #998 of 16,931
Maybe you can increase the SQ rating threshold to 15 instead of 10 =P

Can't wait for the westone 1 and 2. Would be a great help if you post it early.. thank you in advance. This thread is a huge help.

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #999 of 16,931
I think if that happens the SM3 review will never appear :p I look forward to the SM3 review although I have no interest in buying them it would be nice to hear an opinion from someone who tends to hear similar to myself.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #1,001 of 16,931
I honestly can't believe Joker hears the SM3 being better than all the others.  I doubt the 1-10 scale is the issue, lol.  Perhaps the overall rating would be an issue w/ the cost and build quality pulling down the score too much.  
eek.gif
wink.gif
  I could be wrong.  
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #1,002 of 16,931

Quote:
I honestly can't believe Joker hears the SM3 being better than all the others.  I doubt the 1-10 scale is the issue, lol.  Perhaps the overall rating would be an issue w/ the cost and build quality pulling down the score too much.  
eek.gif
wink.gif
  I could be wrong.  
biggrin.gif

Or it could be an issue of presentation (and personal preference) versus objective sound quality. I think he rated the um3x a little like that, where though objective SQ was high, value was low due to the odd delivery and signature.

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #1,003 of 16,931
I'm going to take a stab and add that it may be that there are simply too many 10/10s and the original point of the 10/10 was to show the best that he had heard up to that point. Of course, only |joker| knows.

Oct 21, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #1,005 of 16,931
LOL Then it shall be named "Joker's Neuro + Psychology Anatomy Thread"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back