Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 1, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #61 of 16,931
I was supposed to get a chance to try the SA1 but it never worked out. The SA1 hasn't become very popular and the SA6 following seems to be dwindling, at least around here.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #65 of 16,931
It's not uncommon for manufacturers to charge MSRP for their products at their own outlets. It's still very easy to get the IEMs for the listed prices outside of the Meelec's site. Buy.com, Newegg, and Overstock all have good prices on Meelec products.

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #66 of 16,931
hah joker. got my PL30 in days including them being lazy and not sending it to the post office for like 3-4 days. good day for me audio wise since i picked up my AD700 in the afternoon and was able to try out some IE8's and W3 and then my PL30 came waiting for me when I got home.

now if only my shirt clips from hong kong or china would come..

edit: just opening it now and this is a surprise! the cable is a right angle instead of a straight one like i was expecting. I guess they updated the cable since you bought it. I hate straight plugs so pleasantly surprised/.

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #67 of 16,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hah joker. got my PL30 in days including them being lazy and not sending it to the post office for like 3-4 days. good day for me audio wise since i picked up my AD700 in the afternoon and was able to try out some IE8's and W3 and then my PL30 came waiting for me when I got home.

now if only my shirt clips from hong kong or china would come..

edit: just opening it now and this is a surprise! the cable is a right angle instead of a straight one like i was expecting. I guess they updated the cable since you bought it. I hate straight plugs so pleasantly surprised/.

Yes, Soundmagic changed the PL30 cabling and packaging to the type found on the PL21 (PL50 cabling is a bit thicker I think). I should probably update the review with that info but then there will be a discrepancy with the photo
frown.gif
. It should still come with a shirt clip though
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #69 of 16,931
New month, new additions.

The Ortofon e-Q7 is a good start for a month of reviews
biggrin.gif

To balance things out also added the Coby CVEM79 Jammerz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakallday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very informative thread, thank you!

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #70 of 16,931
"make sure that your amp is at least neural"

Sounds like brain burn-in taken a step too far!
tongue.gif

Nice review, mate. But, judging from your comments about fit, I don't think I'll be hankering for them any time soon.

Apr 3, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #71 of 16,931
Maybe this is just the nerd in me, but I would love to see a graph of your collected wisdom, like a simple x/y spread with price vs. average score, should show off the real value performers!

If I had the table I'd do it myself, but to transcribe all that info from the image would be a pain!

Just a thought anyways.

Oh, also, before I forget, awesome thread!

Apr 3, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #74 of 16,931
@bcpk: what's the iem all the way on the bottom?

nice review on the e-Q7 joker. not many reviews on those so the more the better
smily_headphones1.gif

joker or anyone else who has the PL30, just out of curiosity does your cable retain memory of the way you stored them? I've only had them for a day but wondering if the kinks are just temporary from the way they were in the packaging or not.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #75 of 16,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by amnsiac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe this is just the nerd in me, but I would love to see a graph of your collected wisdom, like a simple x/y spread with price vs. average score, should show off the real value performers!

If I had the table I'd do it myself, but to transcribe all that info from the image would be a pain!

Just a thought anyways.

The problem with this is that the labels really run into each other as one part of the spread is extremely dense (the $15-50 range). In the end it is impossible to see anything below the high-priced earphones. It's a limitation of the excel macro that I'm using to label points on a plot. If you want to give it a shot I'd be happy to lend you the original table.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnsiac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, also, before I forget, awesome thread!

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, yeah, I forgot to post this. Me 'n Amnsiac had a "meetup". Hommage à ljokerl.

Lol! Great selection, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the e-Q7 review! Keep up the great work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice review on the e-Q7 joker. not many reviews on those so the more the better
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back