Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 18, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #16,607 of 16,931
me humble opinion ...NAKAMICHI ....
biggrin.gif

it is Nakamichi..

Yep, that's the one! Almost forgot Nakamichi makes headphones 
redface.gif

Much appreciated!

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #16,608 of 16,931
Joker, could you provide a brief comparison between the rockets, pinnacle p1 and the dn2000?

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #16,610 of 16,931
  Hi Joker, can you please compare the sound sig of the RE600 to the CK10, thanks.

i had re600 and still own ck10 , what do you want to know about them ?

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #16,612 of 16,931
  Just comparisons regarding sound signature, speed, soundstage, texture,

ck10 is very clean/lean/detailed/fast

zero 'fat', some peple have mentioned sibilance issues , i think it's a very neutral iem with very strong highs 

re600 is more mild , balanced , more robust bass and sweet mids , but highs not so sparkly

i can not remember soundstage as i owned it 2 years ago , it is a very pleasing iem 

both are very different from each other , so you can own both i guess

i have kept ck10 as my mid-tier iem , fr 200$ it is an amazing iem

plus it is way better build than the flimsy re600 , ck10 is build like a japanese samurai , great build quality

ck10 has superior highs/speed/detail retrieval/build quality
re600 has better bass , more enveloping mids , more laid back sound , and the build is flimsy

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #16,613 of 16,931
Joker, could you provide a brief comparison between the rockets, pinnacle p1 and the dn2000?

Rockets are the most mid-focused, with extended but not very emphasized bass and very smooth treble. The DN-2000 is the opposite - mids are a bit laid-back while the bass is boosted progressively as you go down into the sub-bass region and the highs are relatively bright for an overall V/U-shaped sound. 

The P1 is something I've only listened to a little bit so far but it seems to be somewhere in the middle - theres a small bump in the bass but not nearly as much sub-bass lift as the DN-2000, and the treble is more prominent than Rockets but not as bright as the DUNU. It seems the P1 is still a hair v-shaped, but just not as boosted in the lower bass and upper treble as the DN-2000. I don't think end-to-end extension is going to be one of its strong suits like it is for the DN-2000, but overall it might be more recommendable than the DUNU because the treble should be a bit less polarizing. 

Just comparisons regarding sound signature, speed, soundstage, texture,

The comparison proedros provided is excellent. I'll add that the CK10 generally has a wider, more spacious soundstage while HiFiMan sets including the RE-600 tend to be "closer" to the listener in terms of presentation and just not as spacious and spread out overall. 

Apr 21, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #16,614 of 16,931
Rockets are the most mid-focused, with extended but not very emphasized bass and very smooth treble. The DN-2000 is the opposite - mids are a bit laid-back while the bass is boosted progressively as you go down into the sub-bass region and the highs are relatively bright for an overall V/U-shaped sound. 

The P1 is something I've only listened to a little bit so far but it seems to be somewhere in the middle - theres a small bump in the bass but not nearly as much sub-bass lift as the DN-2000, and the treble is more prominent than Rockets but not as bright as the DUNU. It seems the P1 is still a hair v-shaped, but just not as boosted in the lower bass and upper treble as the DN-2000. I don't think end-to-end extension is going to be one of its strong suits like it is for the DN-2000, but overall it might be more recommendable than the DUNU because the treble should be a bit less polarizing. 

The comparison proedros provided is excellent. I'll add that the CK10 generally has a wider, more spacious soundstage while HiFiMan sets including the RE-600 tend to be "closer" to the listener in terms of presentation and just not as spacious and spread out overall. 

Thank you so much! If you could recommend an iem with highs that are akin (not necessarily to the exact same level) to the Flc8s and that does wonderfully with female vocals,I would certainly appreciate it!

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #16,615 of 16,931
Hi there!
After forgotting my mp3 in the gym and not recovering it (mad.gif), I need to buy a new IEM. This is my history in IEMs, chronologically:
1. Creative EP-630: my first one, a big jump from the standard earbuds, I can not review them by comparison.
2. Sennheiser CX 400 II. Sooo comfortable, rich sound althought they broke from the connector twice in 3 years (one covered in warranty).
3. Sony MDR-EX310. Not bad, but worse sound than the Sennheiser, specially because of the cable noise. Confort is also worse.
4. Xiaomi Piston 3. Least confortable of all, although sound is surprisingly good.
"5". My father owns a Soundmagic E10 and I found them too bassy and sometimes silibant (to much V factor?)

I listen to all kind of music, specially rock, dance and classical music.
Which IEM should I buy for less than 50€, here in Spain?

I have seen this models:
- Sennheiser CX 275 S (similar to cx 300?).
- Vsonic Vsd3 or Vsd3s (which are the differences?)
- Hifiman RE 400. I found an spanish website that is selling this earbuds (android version) for 69€, plus 25% of value points, so the real cost is 52€.
- Shure Se215, I see that it pretty well-know and the one in China that costs about 30€.
- Zero Audio Carbone.

From those ones which one would you choose?
Thanks!

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #16,616 of 16,931
Thank you so much! If you could recommend an iem with highs that are akin (not necessarily to the exact same level) to the Flc8s and that does wonderfully with female vocals,I would certainly appreciate it!

Depends on which direction you want to go with your vocals. If you just want something a little more forward and energetic, then a DUNU Titan 1 could be sufficient. If you want much smoother sound, something like an Aurisonics Rockets would be great. And so on...

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #16,617 of 16,931
Love this review topic! I have been going through the sections up to Tier 2C (up to $100). Unfortunately everytime I found the best IEM for me, I discovered it has either been discontinued or does not have a mic so I can't take calls.
I hate holding my phone on my ear when calling. Someone who appreciates good IEMs wouldn't want to make phone calls like that. So I need one with a mic.

My end choice was the SoundMagic E30. Unfortunately I discovered it does not have a mic. The E10 did have a mic. The PL50 also does not have a mic :frowning2:
My goal: a sub-€80 (euros that is) IEM with microphone with the absolute best comfort possible (small ears/sensitive cartilage). I don't care much for isolation since I am on the bicycle a lot. I prefer to hear when a motorized vehicle is going for a near-kill.

I hope anyone could spare a minute to give me some advise.

May 1, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #16,618 of 16,931
  Love this review topic! I have been going through the sections up to Tier 2C (up to $100). Unfortunately everytime I found the best IEM for me, I discovered it has either been discontinued or does not have a mic so I can't take calls.
I hate holding my phone on my ear when calling. Someone who appreciates good IEMs wouldn't want to make phone calls like that. So I need one with a mic.

My end choice was the SoundMagic E30. Unfortunately I discovered it does not have a mic. The E10 did have a mic. The PL50 also does not have a mic :frowning2:
My goal: a sub-€80 (euros that is) IEM with microphone with the absolute best comfort possible (small ears/sensitive cartilage). I don't care much for isolation since I am on the bicycle a lot. I prefer to hear when a motorized vehicle is going for a near-kill.

I hope anyone could spare a minute to give me some advise.

Honestly, you may want to bite the bullet on sound quality and just get the Fidue A31s. Dirt cheap, tiny, and have a mic. One of the most comfortable IEMs I have, especially if you spend another $15 to throw some foam tips on them. Or a Xiaomi Piston 3 - it's not nearly as small but it's quite ergonomic and doesn't sit very deep in the ear. Lower isolation, too. There's a slightly larger alternative to these in the Philips TX1 or TX2 as well. I believe both have mics.

Otherwise your best bet might be a small conventional-fit IEMs such as the HiFiMan RE-400i (or whatever the mic version is called).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back