Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 21, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #16,576 of 16,931
hey guys so i have been away for a long time! 

been busy with life and other commitments but i thought what better way to get back to the game, then with an unboxing of the Famous VSonic VSD3S btw i compared them in the video to the old versions (VSD3s), GR07BE, VSD5

no.... its not what your thinking.... This is the 2016 or GEN 2 model of the VSD3s!

with a different tuning and different cable! THANK GOD FOR THE L SHAPE JACK! 

anywayss! enjoy!!!

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #16,580 of 16,931
  What earphone do you recommend that is a thin straight barrel design with a balanced sound signature and excellent clarity, while still being relatively forgiving with lesser recordings?

The Aurisonics Rockets were the first set I thought of as well. It's definitely more smooth than sparkly, but it's very forgiving as a result and clarity is excellent.

If you prefer to err on the side of brighter treble, I think the ACS T15 would be my pick. A little less forgiving, but overall leaner and flatter than the Rockets by a small margin.

Could you do a review of the Xiaomi hybrid

Yes, it's coming.

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #16,582 of 16,931

The Aurisonics Rockets were the first set I thought of as well. It's definitely more smooth than sparkly, but it's very forgiving as a result and clarity is excellent.

If you prefer to err on the side of brighter treble, I think the ACS T15 would be my pick. A little less forgiving, but overall leaner and flatter than the Rockets by a small margin.

Yes, it's coming.

If you are interested in a pair of Aurisonic rockets, I know a shop that still has them (5 pairs) - they ship internationally and are very reliable, purchased a few times from them.

Cheers.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #16,583 of 16,931
Joker, I saw in a previous post long long ago, you'd said that you'd 'gotten' into psytrance. what IEMs would you recommend around $50 for someone who listens to mostly psytrance? I currently have the Xiaomi Piston 3s and am considering RE300h or NarMoo S1. I'm not really considering Vsonic because I strongly prefer wearing my IEMs straight down. Many, many thanks!

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #16,584 of 16,931
Hey Ljokerl, have you heard the Westone W30? I picked up a set in NY and wrote a review of them quite recently, they`re much improved compared to the W3`s and, in my testing, similar in technical proficiency to the W40. Would really be interested in your take on them, looking forward to that xiaomi hybrid review too!

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #16,585 of 16,931
  Joker, I saw in a previous post long long ago, you'd said that you'd 'gotten' into psytrance. what IEMs would you recommend around $50 for someone who listens to mostly psytrance? I currently have the Xiaomi Piston 3s and am considering RE300h or NarMoo S1. I'm not really considering Vsonic because I strongly prefer wearing my IEMs straight down. Many, many thanks!

I tend to prefer a more v-shaped sound, which means S1 over the RE300h. Not sure it's the exact one I'd pick, though - coming from the Piston 3 it'll sound quite bassy and not all that clear. Great if you've been looking for more impact compared to your Piston 3, but it might be a little disappointing on the fidelity front.

Hey Ljokerl, have you heard the Westone W30? I picked up a set in NY and wrote a review of them quite recently, they`re much improved compared to the W3`s and, in my testing, similar in technical proficiency to the W40. Would really be interested in your take on them, looking forward to that xiaomi hybrid review too!

Weirdly, I was only sent a W10 and W40 which are not really improved over the preceding models. I've heard good things about the W30, though - perhaps I'll get my hands on a pair at some point.

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #16,586 of 16,931
Hi Ljokerl:

What are your opinions on the Etyomtic ER-6 (not i)?  As they've been discontinued ages ago, it's impossible to find any reviews that compare to present day IEMs.  They're the only IEMs I've got so I'm wondering how they stack up in comparison nowadays.

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #16,587 of 16,931
  Hi Ljokerl:

What are your opinions on the Etyomtic ER-6 (not i)?  As they've been discontinued ages ago, it's impossible to find any reviews that compare to present day IEMs.  They're the only IEMs I've got so I'm wondering how they stack up in comparison nowadays.

Thanks!

ER6 was before my time. I've heard great things about them but they were discontinued by the time I started really paying attention to the IEM market.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #16,588 of 16,931
  Hi Ljokerl:

Thanks!

My first non-earbud inear, impressed yours are still holding up!
Unfortunately can't compare either, accidentally left mine in a hotel 6 or 7 years ago
frown.gif

Etymotic seem to make stuff that stands the test of time, though (at least by earphone standards the ER4 must qualify as immortal).

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #16,589 of 16,931
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ER6 was before my time. I've heard great things about them but they were discontinued by the time I started really paying attention to the IEM market.

My first non-earbud inear, impressed yours are still holding up!
Unfortunately can't compare either, accidentally left mine in a hotel 6 or 7 years ago
frown.gif

Etymotic seem to make stuff that stands the test of time, though (at least by earphone standards the ER4 must qualify as immortal).

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Mine's been fairly lightly used so it's not been abused too much.  I guess I'll give some lower end dynamics a try maybe (or a dual/triple/quad BA for kicks)?

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #16,590 of 16,931
  Hi Ljokerl:

Thanks!

Etymotic ER-6i was the IEM that brought me in the audiophile world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back