Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 20, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #16,381 of 16,931
I've seen CKR9 being recommend a lot for those looking to replace their R07 and since I found one (used) for a good price, I'm contemplating of getting it. But from the looks of it, the fit might be finicky or stuff. Also, I prefer to wear it over the ear. What's your opinion about the fit / comfort?

You cannot wear it over the ear style unfortunately but it doesn't have fit problems unless you have very small ears.The fit is not finicky by any means.

Nov 21, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #16,382 of 16,931
  hey ljokerl will you review the Dunu DN2000J?

Yeah but honestly I don't know what the big deal is compared to the regular DN-2000 so it hasn't been too high up on my priority list. I think the Titan 1 is a more important earphone since it is a more unique sound tuning that fills an interesting market niche. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #16,383 of 16,931
I went ahead and got the ATH-IM02, based on your recommendation. I was initially disappointed with the amount of hiss I had, both from my Sansa Clip+ and my E07K. Both have relatively low output impedance; the Clip is 1 and the E07K is .3. But today I tried it through my Magni 2 and the background was totally black; the output impedance is only .2. I've been really enjoying them. Fit, comfort and isolation are fantastic...and the sound is quite balanced. Cymbals seem a little too splashy, but that would be the only thing I've been able to express any complaint about so far. Except the hiss! 

Do you have any recommendations in the under $200 realm for portable amps or dac/amp combos (even daps) that are black with sensitive iems like the ATH-IM02? I thought the E07K would have been fine. At 32 ohms, I'm not sure why the ATH-IM02 is acting this way. 

Jds labs c5 is great for sensitive Ba IEMs. Not necessarily pitch black but heaps better than most amps. Have used it with SD2, Noble 4, Savant, t-peos h200/300, FAD IV, XBA1/3, and the likes... No excessive hiss issues.

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #16,385 of 16,931
Hi Joker, a friend needs a IEM partly for running.  It needs to have good isolation, in-line mic and iphone controls, and be under $80.  I'm guessing it needs to be fairly comfortable, durable, and be able to worn over ear.  I've looked at some choices that fall under the criteria, which include:

UE600vi
trinity hyperion or techne
A151p 2nd gen
RE400i
Etymotic er7/mc3
Fidue a65

Do you think any of these are a good fit, or have any better recommendations?  Thanks!

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #16,386 of 16,931
Hi Joker, a friend needs a IEM partly for running.  It needs to have good isolation, in-line mic and iphone controls, and be under $80.  I'm guessing it needs to be fairly comfortable, durable, and be able to worn over ear.  I've looked at some choices that fall under the criteria, which include:

UE600vi

A151p 2nd gen

RE400i

Etymotic er7/mc3

Fidue a65

Do you think any of these are a good fit, or have any better recommendations?  Thanks!

And you just cant go wrong recommending the one which is just above your query(post) either looking at your criteria......just add a suffix P to it.
it.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #16,387 of 16,931

UE600vi

A151p 2nd gen

RE400i

Etymotic er7/mc3

Fidue a65

I personally enjoy IEM's with quite good bass presence when working out. If you feel the same you could probably remove the UE600, a151p and RE400 from the list. Although they're all great their bass presence is not very good.

Since you're in the US I'd suggest checking out the Phonak Audeo PFE012 that can be had for ridiculously low price for what it delivers these days. Although they're far from bass cannons they've got more presence than the IEM's I've mentioned above in addition to great fit, isolation and overall sound.

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #16,388 of 16,931

UE600vi

A151p 2nd gen

RE400i

Etymotic er7/mc3

Fidue a65

Westone Adventure Series Beta can be had for $40 on buydig.com
They have great isolation, nice strong bass, can be worn cable down or up, water resistant, AWACS reflective cable for night running, detachable cable, mic with 3-buttons (for idevice). I use it mostly at work in a biotech research lab and need to keep only one in ear because I need to hear machines and coworkers. The ADV beta is overbuilt for my specific purpose but the ability to manipulate volume/play/pause without taking out my iPod touch under the lab coat is a plus. The cable is on the longer side which is good when routing under the shirt and into a pants pocket.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #16,389 of 16,931
Ok metal heads, I need your help. I love my M-Duo's for IEM's, but their structural design is flawed. Where the cord enters the earbud cavity is reinforced by a rubber grommet. The grommet only has a groove that pops into the body, it's not solid. After using them every day, the grommet is loose.  

I wear them under my motorcycle helmet, therefore I need good noise isolation. I've tried 2 different replacements now and they both failed horribly. The wind buffeting my helmet creates a lot of noise. I do have T-400 foam tips that seem to help.

Requirements
1. Good isolation
2. Fast and tight bass - Metal music
3. Fit under a helmet
4. Solid construction
5. Less than $100

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #16,390 of 16,931
Ok metal heads, I need your help. I love my M-Duo's for IEM's, but their structural design is flawed. Where the cord enters the earbud cavity is reinforced by a rubber grommet. The grommet only has a groove that pops into the body, it's not solid. After using them every day, the grommet is loose.  

I wear them under my motorcycle helmet, therefore I need good noise isolation. I've tried 2 different replacements now and they both failed horribly. The wind buffeting my helmet creates a lot of noise. I do have T-400 foam tips that seem to help.

Requirements
1. Good isolation
3. Fit under a helmet
4. Solid construction
5. Less than $100

May I suggest Etymotic MK5? It fits all your criterias.

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #16,392 of 16,931

Requirements
1. Good isolation
3. Fit under a helmet
4. Solid construction
5. Less than $100

JVC FXD70 with a deep over ear fit and these cheap eartips http://www.ebay.com/itm/black-Large-Medium-Small-Size-Memory-Foam-Tips-Eartips-for-most-earbuds-/171968149823?hash=item280a19b93f:g:~uwAAOSwAYtWKvFm
Deep bass is above neutral but fast and controlled. The drivers are capable of some fantastic speed, clarity and detail for this price and still have a very exciting sound. Great for metal.
Amazing build quality and really good isolation. Really deep fit though.

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #16,393 of 16,931
My DUNU DN-1000 broke. Looking to replace. Can spend up to $500 but would rather not.

I like v-shaped sound with nice instrument separation and soundstage.

The Fostex TH600/900 is the perfect full-size sound Sig for me.

Any recommendation?

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #16,394 of 16,931
My DUNU DN-1000 broke. Looking to replace. Can spend up to $500 but would rather not.

I like v-shaped sound with nice instrument separation and soundstage.

The Fostex TH600/900 is the perfect full-size sound Sig for me.

Any recommendation?

JVC HA-FX850 comes closest to TH900 to my ears.

Cheers,
K

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #16,395 of 16,931
Hey Joker
I have earphones Dunu dn 1000, and I really like the sound quality and bass ( I'll be honest ן prefer deeper bass But that's not what bothered me most).
I do not like the isolation of dunu, because it is not good When I was on the bus and it is uncomfortable earphones in the ear.

Could you please recommend me a good earphones like dunu dn1000 but comfort and good isolation?
Budget from 100 $ to 300 $
(I do not want custom earphones)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back