Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 8, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #16,051 of 16,931
I have to buy a IEM that is the most identical of my headphones Sony MDR-1A. I need a mic, for this I'm thinking about these IEMs:

Sennheiser momentum In ear
Sony EX650
RHA MA750i

Which one is the best?
The sony are the cheapest and I think the smallest one!!!
Senn Momentum seems very powerful with bass, and RHA with best built and accessorized (but bulkiest).

Thank you :)

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #16,052 of 16,931
Which IEMs should I look at if I want something that matches my superlux hd660-s and Maxell Retro DJ's sound quality.
I think the Maxell actually sounds better because it doesn't start to buzz with really deep sounds.
Although I want something balanced/neutral sound. (I actually dislike the Maxell's deep oriented character and compensate via equalizer)

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #16,053 of 16,931
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
  Hello everyone, I am writing on behalf of a friend who was going to spend around 200 € for a basshead IEM (he wanted the bass, for instance, similar to those of the beats but I discouraged this type of headphones)  as it listens to a lot of electronic music. What would you recommend?

I think a lot would go nuts if you decided to go with beats :p

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #16,054 of 16,931
Hello everyone, I am writing on behalf of a friend who was going to spend around 200 € for a basshead IEM (he wanted the bass, for instance, similar to those of the beats but I discouraged this type of headphones)  as it listens to a lot of electronic music. What would you recommend?

I will say, go for XB90EX!!

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #16,055 of 16,931
I have to buy a IEM that is the most identical of my headphones Sony MDR-1A. I need a mic, for this I'm thinking about these IEMs:

Sennheiser momentum In ear
Sony EX650
RHA MA750i

Which one is the best?
The sony are the cheapest and I think the smallest one!!!
Senn Momentum seems very powerful with bass, and RHA with best built and accessorized (but bulkiest).

Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

I have no clue what the MDR-1A sounds like (or the Sony for that matter) so I can't say which IEM sounds most similar. The MA750 and Momentum are very good earphones that sound moderately different from each other. I tend to prefer the smoother MA750i.

Which IEMs should I look at if I want something that matches my superlux hd660-s and Maxell Retro DJ's sound quality.
I think the Maxell actually sounds better because it doesn't start to buzz with really deep sounds.
Although I want something balanced/neutral sound. (I actually dislike the Maxell's deep oriented character and compensate via equalizer)

Same as above, no experience with those headphones so I can't make any recommendations based on that, but if you're looking for balanced/neutral IEMs there's tons of options in every price range. I recommended some here: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/#balanced 

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #16,056 of 16,931
  Same as above, no experience with those headphones so I can't make any recommendations based on that, but if you're looking for balanced/neutral IEMs there's tons of options in every price range. I recommended some here: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/#balanced 

I've been eyeing the Soundmagic PL50, does that not fit in the balanced category?

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #16,058 of 16,931
  I've been eyeing the Soundmagic PL50, does that not fit in the balanced category?

PL50 falls into mid-centric category.

Jul 14, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #16,059 of 16,931
  Have you tried (or plan to try) any of RHA's other offerings such as the T10s or T20s?

(Bought a pair of FLC8s based on your review, cant wait from them to arrive)

The T10 wasn't to my liking so it didn't get a review. The T20 is at InnerFidelity for measurements, but I should be doing a review of that one after I get it back. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #16,063 of 16,931
Joker, have you had any chance to listen to the FXT-100 or 200?

Interested in how it rates against the FXT-90 which is still my favorite IEM to this day.

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #16,064 of 16,931
  Joker, have you had any chance to listen to the FXT-100 or 200?

Interested in how it rates against the FXT-90 which is still my favorite IEM to this day.

After much research and spending time with my new Xuelin 770C and testing with my JVC Elation, I ordered an FXT200LTD. I will review them but I don't have them yet. They will ship after the holiday.

I know from the Elation and someone who already has the FXT100 the treble is no longer peaky  and subdued compared to the 90 and it is mid-forward and has a faster decay so not much better in terms of performance though it is more detailed but it doesn't seem to have the it factor of the FXT90. FXT200LTD is known as needing amp a bit more and also being a "not for everyone" phone that one should try if they can first. this leaves the FXT200 which is said to take the slight technical improvements the 100 brings over the 90 and  take it a nice notch up being higher resolution and more transparent.

I'm assuming the 200 will need the Spiral dots removed if they do indeed stunt treble a bit as I have read. FXT90 tips are the old treble enhancing tips like on my Elation that tune slightly to a V. Won't know till I get the FXT200 if this really the case in my opinion. My theory is though it is nice to include the Spiral dot tips with them, the FXT's are 26,000 rated on the high side. Fine to subdue a bit of the Woody treble since the FX750/850 which are 40,000 and 45,000 rated and have the extra treble to lose. The reports of the subdued treble is most likely to the dots absorbing it's edge and softening it.

I did find a rating where the FXT200 is rated a tier above the FX750 and up with the CKR9 and 10 and just below the 850.

My prediction is that if you have the FXT90 tips you are good to get the FXT200 provided you know want a bit of audiophile added to that sound. Wait and see if I am right or not in how it behaves. Though I have never heard the FXT90 so no comparison directly though I know from the multitude of impressions what they sound like. I can only say if the FXT200 will like a more audiophile version of that impression(hi-res, not as V and slightly quicker and not quite as thick) or not. We already know the new enhancements have really improved the speed and transients so they will not have the decay and mid-bass presence down low like the FXT90 does.  

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #16,065 of 16,931
I haven't tried them myself but that^ seems reasonable. Wouldn't mind an FXT90 follow-up/upgrade. Unfortunately JVC just keeps sending me more Xtreme Xplosives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back