Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 26, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #14,671 of 16,931
I thought you said M9 (the one you have) is not better than your ES18 & 3580s so quoted to try with diff tips and while bed.....and yeah the classic m9 will sound little different if not day/night.....

i said not better then es18 or she 3580 , i never said its bad . i used to like these .

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #14,672 of 16,931
  i said not better then es18 or she 3580 , i never said its bad . i used to like these .

:rolleyes: well you said its "muddy and not clear" (M9) so I quoted to try diff tips and try while bed (SLEEP) and never claimed you said bad about it either......And looks like you are taking into diff direction,so I just leave this topic....

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #14,673 of 16,931
Smaller chamber should have some effect on sound. From what I remember of the 2009 version, it wasn't as bassy as the later ones, so hopefully it is less muddy as well.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #14,674 of 16,931
Smaller chamber should have some effect on sound. From what I remember of the 2009 version, it wasn't as bassy as the later ones, so hopefully it is less muddy as well.

yeah...and im beginning to think it cld sound more like a single BA......lets wait and see....

Sep 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #14,675 of 16,931

Aside from the FXD80, maybe the FXT90? It has a somewhat different sound - warmer and more forward - but otherwise it fits the bill. Isolation is not amazing but it works, and there's a wide range of tips that fits on its more conventional nozzle. If you want to spend a little more, the MA750 from RHA has better deep bass and isolates a touch more, though it has to be worn over-the-ear.

Thanks for the suggestions, gonna check them out. I absolutely don't mind wearing them over the ear. In fact, I wore my FXD-70's that way because I found the the fit was better (although that's what my have caused them to start to glitch - maybe it put too much stress on the cable). I did forget to write that a huge plus would be if they had a remote for volume!
EDIT: saw that MA750 had a version with remote. Found them at $120 in my own country so I'm definitely considering them!

there are many , but just randomly , xba-h1 fits you perfectly , good clip , awesome foam filled tips , i would have said ckx-9 but they lack cable clip and in the end , i would suggest re-400 , cable clip , nicely balanced ( you will miss the bass sadly ) , foam tips , zipper carry case .

Thanks, gonna check them out. 

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #14,676 of 16,931
  Thanks for the suggestions, gonna check them out. I absolutely don't mind wearing them over the ear. In fact, I wore my FXD-70's that way because I found the the fit was better (although that's what my have caused them to start to glitch - maybe it put too much stress on the cable). I did forget to write that a huge plus would be if they had a remote for volume!
EDIT: saw that MA750 had a version with remote. Found them at $120 in my own country so I'm definitely considering them!

Thanks, gonna check them out. 

Yep, sounds like the MA750i is what you want. Just expect a significantly bassier and warmer sound compared to the FXDs.

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #14,677 of 16,931
Can anyone recommend the best sounding sport iem's?  Mostly for bike riding.  I do have a pair of bose sport iems and they are just ok sounding. 

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #14,678 of 16,931
  Can anyone recommend the best sounding sport iem's?  Mostly for bike riding.  I do have a pair of bose sport iems and they are just ok sounding. 

Can you be a little more specific? Lots to consider when choosing an IEM for sports. How much noise isolation do you want/need? Is sweat or water resistance a major factor? Durability? Stay in place? For me the biggest problem is getting enough isolation that I can actually hear a good quality SQ while working out. For some that's moot because they want or need to hear things like approaching traffic for safety.

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #14,679 of 16,931

Don't want total sound isolation as need to hear traffic. However if I am riding in a busy area I just leave one ear exposed to traffic sounds.
Just looking to improve on sound quality from the bose but need something semi waterproof and durable.

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #14,680 of 16,931

Don't want total sound isolation as need to hear traffic. However if I am riding in a busy area I just leave one ear exposed to traffic sounds.
Just looking to improve on sound quality from the bose but need something semi waterproof and durable.

It will always be a difficult balance between isolation needs and SQ. Having said that there are some good offerings from Sennheiser and Meelectronics that might fit your needs. Durability is another thing altogether and often increases with price. In the end only you can determine what improved sound quality is to your ears and it's helpful if you have a store where you can audition many pairs of IEMs. Alternatively a place (Amazon?) with a liberal return policy can be invaluable.

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #14,681 of 16,931

Check out ATH-CKP500, great balanced sound and extremly good fit. They're water resistant so should be able to stand biking without problem. The sq on these are surprisingly good and you can find them really cheap on eBay.

Sep 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #14,682 of 16,931
Hi Joker,

how come you haven;t tried/reviewed the Hifiman RE-600 ? any chance of reviewing it in the near future ?

great thread , keep up the good work
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #14,684 of 16,931

The only sweat resistant/sports sets that I've found recommendable (with price in mind) are the MEElec M6s and the Audio-Technica CKX5 series. The CKX5 sounds better, though I prefer the fit of the M6. I've been disappointed with higher-end sweat-resistant earphones like the Westone Adv Alphas - it's hard to recommend a $200 sweat-resistant set when you can get better sound out of something that costs $50, and just replace it when it fails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back