Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #14,596 of 16,931

I ended up ordering the EPH-100 and they arrived today. You guys were right, I love them! Thanks for all your help =)

beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #14,597 of 16,931

Haha....can't wait for the review(s).

Btw....I'm assuming these are not in the running, but were you ever planning to cover the Sony XB50/70 lineup? The XB50 are a pretty fun little behemoth, and affordable now that their price has plummeted throughout the year (from ~80 CAD to ~40-50 CAD...probably even cheaper online) to something more in line with their sound quality.

I actually like Sony's XB headphones (at least the ones I've tried) so I wouldn't mind trying the in-ears in the future if I can find the time.

When can we expect the vsd3s review?

Not sure, but I'll try to get some impressions up by the end of the month. 

I ended up ordering the EPH-100 and they arrived today. You guys were right, I love them! Thanks for all your help =)

Glad to hear it! 

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #14,598 of 16,931
The left phone on my JVC HA-FXD70's beginning to glitch. Sound is occassionally cut off. I really like them, so any tips on similar phones with prices ranging from $70 - $100? 
Actually considered buying another pair but I might as well try something new while I'm at it. I've looked a bit at the FXD80 too.

With similar, I mean in general: good build quality, good acessories (I could of course continue to use the FXD70's accessories with my new phones. I don't think I could use a pair of IEM's without a cable manager and clip from now on), cable not too short, snug fit in ear/good isolation (preferably there should be foam tips that work with them). 

Actually, similarity in sounds kind of comes last; I've really liked the clarity of the FXD70's, but certainly wouldn't mind more bass. 

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #14,599 of 16,931
  The left phone on my JVC HA-FXD70's beginning to glitch. Sound is occassionally cut off. I really like them, so any tips on similar phones with prices ranging from $70 - $100? 
Actually considered buying another pair but I might as well try something new while I'm at it. I've looked a bit at the FXD80 too.

With similar, I mean in general: good build quality, good acessories (I could of course continue to use the FXD70's accessories with my new phones. I don't think I could use a pair of IEM's without a cable manager and clip from now on), cable not too short, snug fit in ear/good isolation (preferably there should be foam tips that work with them). 

Actually, similarity in sounds kind of comes last; I've really liked the clarity of the FXD70's, but certainly wouldn't mind more bass. 

there are many , but just randomly , xba-h1 fits you perfectly , good clip , awesome foam filled tips , i would have said ckx-9 but they lack cable clip and in the end , i would suggest re-400 , cable clip , nicely balanced ( you will miss the bass sadly ) , foam tips , zipper carry case .

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #14,601 of 16,931

Aside from the FXD80, maybe the FXT90? It has a somewhat different sound - warmer and more forward - but otherwise it fits the bill. Isolation is not amazing but it works, and there's a wide range of tips that fits on its more conventional nozzle. If you want to spend a little more, the MA750 from RHA has better deep bass and isolates a touch more, though it has to be worn over-the-ear.

What are some analytical earphones with wide soundstage under 200, or anything on the head-fi forums for under 120. Thank you.

Rock-It sounds R-50, or Sony MDR-EX600 if you want to go dynamic.  Used - maybe Phiaton PS200, if you can find one.

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #14,602 of 16,931
  What are some analytical earphones with wide soundstage under 200, or anything on the head-fi forums for under 120. Thank you.

if you can do with the size , brainwavz R3 has really big sound stage .

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #14,603 of 16,931
I got a Xiaomi Piston 2 for myself and the sound's great, but the only thing is that its very uncomfortable for my small ears.

Sony MH1C with XS stock hybrid tips which used to give me the perfect fit over the ear.

I tried a lot of different tips and also over the ear but no one's giving me a comfortable fit.

I'd like to try some Comply tips, can anyone suggest which series would be good(S/T/Ts/TX/TsX) and which size would fit on piston 2? Budget not an issue, I just need a comfortable foam tip with good isolation . Also any other tips for better fit is appreciated

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #14,604 of 16,931

Havi B3 Pro I has a wide soundstage and quite analytical but needs an amp to shine. If you can still find one, PFE 11X with grey filters is also a very good option.

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #14,605 of 16,931
What would be natural upgrade to quite old Hifiman RE ZERO? I love that quality, extended highs, resolution, crisp sound, clarity, upfront vocals without added thickness etc.
I would like even better dynamics and little more bass ( must be great quality, dont like midbass bloat)
I bet many users had RE ZERO - where to search something similiar but better? Im thinking only about universal iems. Cant tell price but it would be up to 250-300 USD and I could buy used ones.
My Dac is LG G2 and Im waiting for Cayin C5.

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #14,606 of 16,931
  What would be natural upgrade to quite old Hifiman RE ZERO? I love that quality, extended highs, resolution, crisp sound, clarity, upfront vocals without added thickness etc.
I would like even better dynamics and little more bass ( must be great quality, dont like midbass bloat)
I bet many users had RE ZERO - where to search something similiar but better? Im thinking only about universal iems. Cant tell price but it would be up to 250-300 USD and I could buy used ones.
My Dac is LG G2 and Im waiting for Cayin C5.

Re400 = rezero with a little more bass ? Havent tried rezero, but i love re400

Heard Zero Audio Doppios are great for clarity too, but havent personally tried it yet.

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #14,607 of 16,931
And I havent tried RE400:)
I got Tenores but found them little too dark for my tatses and little to much bass/ less clarity. Instruments sound sharper and more natural on re zero and I got better extension and dynamics on hifimans. Still running both from my LG G2 output. On the other hand Tenores are much more comfortable for me and I can get much better seal with it.

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #14,608 of 16,931
Hi Joker,

Do you have a written comparison between the Inear SD2 and Noble 4s? I was wondering which of the two has better sub bass extension, treble extension, and more neutral presentation overall.
I have a feeling that I should've opted for the SD2 as my reference IEM... 

Cheers mate!

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #14,609 of 16,931
I got the noble 3 universal iem on Thursday. They have exceeded my expectations as far as an upgrade to what I already have. They are very comfortable (once you find the right tips - they give you a bunch to choose from), light, no microphonics, etc.... As far as sound goes - I haven't taken them off all weekend.

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #14,610 of 16,931
  And I havent tried RE400:)
I got Tenores but found them little too dark for my tatses and little to much bass/ less clarity. Instruments sound sharper and more natural on re zero and I got better extension and dynamics on hifimans. Still running both from my LG G2 output. On the other hand Tenores are much more comfortable for me and I can get much better seal with it.

Re400 = rezero with a little more bass ? Havent tried rezero, but i love re400

Heard Zero Audio Doppios are great for clarity too, but havent personally tried it yet.

i have both mate , but not the ZERO , i can tell is that re-400 has better sound stage and feels warmer too , doppio is darker and can distort with badly mastered tracks . i like both but i prefer re-400 cuz i like warmth but im using the doppio more , and i can tell you that is because its got more clarity and transparency , just a hair bit more . but then doppios are pricier , like $70 more .

and doppios are a bit smoother up top . one or two spike , thats it . then re-400 have better package and stronger cable , just take a look at the accessories these come with .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back