Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 20, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #13,876 of 16,931
I know it sounds crazy! I just happen to walk in for a second time at this Mom and Pop headphone shop near my company and listened to these from a -"have a try rack" of in-ear headphones and was blown away! I happen to try each IEM straight down the line and was completely startled with these. Honestly, if I can recall, some of them ranged $500 dollars, or more! This guy only carries the most wanted headphones and IEM's in his store. That's why I went back!

Now, these weren't the cheapest, by far. I know cheap when I see it. For example there's a fine-line I draw; if the wires are any thinner then the Philips SHE3580 or the Soundmagic ES10 and the sound is not convincing? I won't buy it! Simple as that. But the Liberty 1 seemed to fit the bill; good wires (thicker than 3580 and ES10), housing contours to most, if not all different ear shape canals. And yes, you said it! Nice ear tips! Can you really say you get the IEM's for free? Who knows!

Again, comparing to all the IEM's in this store -the sound on these just blew me away! And that converter switch just hyped it even more! :happy_face1:

Do you get all the size for the tips? Have you compared IV-1 to IV-4?

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #13,877 of 16,931
Hey Joker,

I picked-up an extra pair of Ivery IS-1 (Liberty 1) just for you to keep and review. I'll be sending them out soon to you!

I know you must think I'm crazy, but hell if I let this one pass you bye! You'll probably be just as startled as I was when I heard them and was told the price. Unreal! I actually went their to see if they carried the Vsonic brand when I went their for a second time, which they don't, and actually stumbled upon these.

These are my new number 1's budget IEM's, now!

Ps. -I can send you the IF's with the Liberty's in the same package, if interested in the IF's.

-Hope is all good with you.

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #13,878 of 16,931
Do you get all the size for the tips? Have you compared IV-1 to IV-4?

Yes. There is small (already on the IEM), medium, and large. The good thing is that you can swap tips from other IEM's for comfort and it still sounds incredible.

I did compare it to IV-1 and IV-4 and Liberty 1's incredible sound wins, hands down! Even though, the IV-4 has all metal housing, it doesn't stop the Liberty 1's from outperforming them. I never tried it against the IV-2 or IV-3, though.

But, the hype in China is about the Liberty 1's. So, it must be that good.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #13,879 of 16,931
  Yes. There is small (already on the IEM), medium, and large. The good thing is that you can swap tips from other IEM's for comfort and it still sounds incredible.

I did compare it to IV-1 and IV-4 and Liberty 1's incredible sound wins, hands down! Even though, the IV-4 has all metal housing, it doesn't stop the Liberty 1's from outperforming them. I never tried it against the IV-2 or IV-3, though.

But, the hype in China is about the Liberty 1's. So, it must be that good.

I ordered one, I'll keep you guys posted on my impressions.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #13,880 of 16,931

I ordered one, I'll keep you guys posted on my impressions.

Sounds good! I love to hear second opinions! I know my ears don't deceive me, or call me crazy!

Please let us know..... 
wink.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #13,885 of 16,931
Posted a review of the OPPO PM-1 headphones here: http://theheadphonelist.com/oppo-pm-1-review-comparisons-lcd-2-hd600-560/

Hey Joker,

I picked-up an extra pair of Ivery IS-1 (Liberty 1) just for you to keep and review. I'll be sending them out soon to you!

I know you must think I'm crazy, but hell if I let this one pass you bye! You'll probably be just as startled as I was when I heard them and was told the price. Unreal! I actually went their to see if they carried the Vsonic brand when I went their for a second time, which they don't, and actually stumbled upon these.

These are my new number 1's budget IEM's, now!

Ps. -I can send you the IF's with the Liberty's in the same package, if interested in the IF's.

-Hope is all good with you.

Thanks! I replied to your PM. Will see where the IS-1 falls, and maybe send them over the InnerFidelity for some measurements. 

Really hope you will be able to review vsd3/vsd3s soon.

I hope so too! 

Jun 21, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #13,886 of 16,931
Hi Joker,

I am looking for an iem around the 200-250 USD price range. The current iem that I have and enjoy is the CK100 but I want to get something cheaper with a similarish signature so I can use outside without being too worried that I'll drop/loose them. My preferred signature is something that sounds clear and detailed with a forward midrange/vocals and a treble that has good extension and air without sounding sibilant. Something that is airier with a bigger soundstage than the CK100 is a plus. I can't really describe the bass I like (definitely not a bass head though) but I do like to feel the impact of the drums, guitar solos/riffs and acoustic guitar. The 7550 sounds like the ideal iem that I'm looking for but I am not sure about the isolation and comfort of those. Is there something else I should be looking at that fits my description?   

Thanks.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #13,887 of 16,931

Yes, I have the SE846. Unfortunately it's enormous and not comfortable for more than 45 mins at a time so I haven't used it much. Sound is good but hasn't impressed me quite enough to suffer through the pain of using them.

This surprises me. The foam tips aggravated my ears like crazy at first (which appears to be my fault for jiggling them around after they'd "settled"). but I don't understand how the size of the whole housing is an issue. You're not sticking the entire unit in your ear. 

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #13,888 of 16,931
I currently have the IE80 and am in love with the sound signature, sound stage and all that good stuff. However, I commute long distances everyday and would appreciate any extra isolation I can get. I've tried the IE80s with Comply foam tips and while they did isolate more, I found the bass to be significantly muddied.

My question is, are there any universal IEMs at $400 to $500 that can give me the same kind of sound but with improved isolation? Thanks!

Jun 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #13,890 of 16,931
  Hi Joker,

I am looking for an iem around the 200-250 USD price range. The current iem that I have and enjoy is the CK100 but I want to get something cheaper with a similarish signature so I can use outside without being too worried that I'll drop/loose them. My preferred signature is something that sounds clear and detailed with a forward midrange/vocals and a treble that has good extension and air without sounding sibilant. Something that is airier with a bigger soundstage than the CK100 is a plus. I can't really describe the bass I like (definitely not a bass head though) but I do like to feel the impact of the drums, guitar solos/riffs and acoustic guitar. The 7550 sounds like the ideal iem that I'm looking for but I am not sure about the isolation and comfort of those. Is there something else I should be looking at that fits my description?   

Thanks.

The 7550 is going to be less mid-forward and less bright than the CK100. The soundstage is nice and large, though, and sibilance is never a problem. Isolation is mediocre and the fit is atypical, but not uncomfortable once you get used to it. If you want a somewhat similar signature with the comfort and isolation of a BA earphone, the TDK BA200 is a good option. I compared the 7550 and BA200 in the BA200 review: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/tdk-ba200/ 

On the real cheap side (nothing wrong with getting a disposable IEM if it sounds good to you), I would strongly recommend the UE600 and Fidue A63

This surprises me. The foam tips aggravated my ears like crazy at first (which appears to be my fault for jiggling them around after they'd "settled"). but I don't understand how the size of the whole housing is an issue. You're not sticking the entire unit in your ear. 

The housing is supposed to sit in your outer ear:

I currently have the IE80 and am in love with the sound signature, sound stage and all that good stuff. However, I commute long distances everyday and would appreciate any extra isolation I can get. I've tried the IE80s with Comply foam tips and while they did isolate more, I found the bass to be significantly muddied.

My question is, are there any universal IEMs at $400 to $500 that can give me the same kind of sound but with improved isolation? Thanks!

It depends on what aspects of the IE80's signature you want to keep and which you're willing move away from. There are a couple earphones with good isolation that also have strong bass and good (maybe not as wide as IE80, but good) soundstages. The ones that come to mind are the EarSonics SM64, 1964EARS V3, and the Yamaha EPH-100. The EPH-100 especially might make for a good commuting IEM in addition to your IE80, because it's relatively inexpensive and isolates really well.

Between the other two, the 1964-V3 has a brighter, more v-shaped signature than the IE80 while the SM64 is not as bassy but less bright and smoother. It has a bit less presence in the upper midrange, though.

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the research - this was an interesting read.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back