Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #13,531 of 16,931
  Hey Joker,

I noticed you reviewed the Kanen KM-948 (4mm Driver Unit) and the JVC HA-FXC50 (5.5mm Driver Unit) on your IEM's thread. But, I finally found the successor of these two.

The Senmai SM-E9106

Pros:

1. Tips seal perfectly (no need to worry)

2. It is vented across the back for great accuracy!

3. 7mm Driver Unit -can easily be driven with any portable device

I kid you not, they both fail in comparison. They have a beautiful sounding V shape!

Note: Needs to be burned for at least 80 to 100 hours to get the accuracy stated above.

Cons:  The wires do feel a little thin. Must take extra care. Wire thickness similar to the Kanen and JVC.

.....I hope you take a chance to review these more accurately and let us know the outcome. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oh? Where are my manners?

You can get them and see pictures of them here:  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Senmai-Earphone-Headphone-For-PC-Laptop-Compatible-with-3-5mm-Connecter-Sources-SM-E9106-Free-Shipping/1590870594.html

May 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #13,532 of 16,931
Can anyone recommend me a portable headphone with a sound signature similar to that of the Monoprice 8320? Please under $100 and preferably decent looking.
This is for my friend and I'm looking at the KRK KNS6400.

-Seb

May 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #13,534 of 16,931
May 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #13,536 of 16,931
  looking for in-ears under $100, open to all recommendations. 

I thought that I've read that Klipsh Image S4's are amazing.. but not sure if I should pull the trigger. 

if you are after bass , hisoundaudio wooduo will be a better choice . if you are after a v type sound sig , thinksound ms1 will be nice .

May 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #13,537 of 16,931
Hi Joker!

Can you give me some iem suggestion? I want something for reference monitoring. Hifi grade but with a mid-fi budget.

Im looking something neutral but will not be boring, with a wide sound stage, has a punchy crisp bass but not that boomy that bleeds and cover the mids, has forward mids for vocals and sparkly highs but will not be sibilant, fatiguing and harsh. With Clear detailing, layering and has great separation.

Am I asking for too much? Lol..

Im looking into SM64, Westone 4r(as others suggested me), InEarStageDriver 2/3 for universal. Im also considering 1964 ears V3, V6, V6-S and V8 for customs..

Hope you can help me in this one.. And if ever can you rank all of my choices in terms of sound quality..

Thank you very much!

May 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #13,538 of 16,931
  Hey Joker,

I noticed you reviewed the Kanen KM-948 (4mm Driver Unit) and the JVC HA-FXC50 (5.5mm Driver Unit) on your IEM's thread. But, I finally found the successor of these two.

The Senmai SM-E9106

Pros:

1. Tips seal perfectly (no need to worry)

2. It is vented across the back for great accuracy!

3. 7mm Driver Unit -can easily be driven with any portable device

I kid you not, they both fail in comparison. They have a beautiful sounding V shape!

Note: Needs to be burned for at least 80 to 100 hours to get the accuracy stated above.

Cons:  The wires do feel a little thin. Must take extra care. Wire thickness similar to the Kanen and JVC.

.....I hope you take a chance to review these more accurately and let us know the outcome. 
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm surprised a 7mm driver can be mounted at the tip of the earpiece. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from the same fit/comfort problems as the Fischer Audio Ceramique as a result!

Can anyone recommend me a portable headphone with a sound signature similar to that of the Monoprice 8320? Please under $100 and preferably decent looking.
This is for my friend and I'm looking at the KRK KNS6400.

-Seb

Haven't tried the KRK but the Sennheiser HD428 is a favorite of mine for neutral, non-harsh/bright sound under $100.

I thought that I've read that Klipsh Image S4's are amazing.. but not sure if I should pull the trigger. 

The S4 is pretty old, there are newer options even for the same type of sound that are cheaper and arguably better, such as the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition. Also, whether they're right for you really depends on the type of sound you're after - pretty much what modulor said.

hey guys, i have trying to locate an opinion i read bout IEMs i cannot find that talks about sound degradation if one is to put them trough a balanced amp. I am about to buy an RSA Lightning and i was wondering if it's a good idea to do that.
This seems to be THE IEM forum, so i guess this is the best place to ask for opinions on this matter.
Are there any benefits in going balanced with an IEM?

I don't believe there are, at least not that I can tell with the dynamic-driver balanced IEMs I've come across.

Hi Joker!

Can you give me some iem suggestion? I want something for reference monitoring. Hifi grade but with a mid-fi budget.

Im looking something neutral but will not be boring, with a wide sound stage, has a punchy crisp bass but not that boomy that bleeds and cover the mids, has forward mids for vocals and sparkly highs but will not be sibilant, fatiguing and harsh. With Clear detailing, layering and has great separation.

Am I asking for too much? Lol..

Im looking into SM64, Westone 4r(as others suggested me), InEarStageDriver 2/3 for universal. Im also considering 1964 ears V3, V6, V6-S and V8 for customs..

Hope you can help me in this one.. And if ever can you rank all of my choices in terms of sound quality..

Thank you very much!

Probably a little too much.

The V3 will be too bassy, and the SD-3 might be as well. The V6-S is great if you can afford it - it does pretty much everything you want. Haven't tried the V6 or V8. The SM64, W4, and StageDivers 2 also check most of the boxes except the treble sparkle box - it's minimal with all three. The SM64 would probably be my pick between those if you don't mind the upper midrange dip on it, and the fact that it's not exactly neutral.

May 6, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #13,539 of 16,931
The V3 will be too bassy, and the SD-3 might be as well. The V6-S is great if you can afford it - it does pretty much everything you want. Haven't tried the V6 or V8. The SM64, W4, and StageDivers 2 also check most of the boxes except the treble sparkle box - it's minimal with all three. The SM64 would probably be my pick between those if you don't mind the upper midrange dip on it, and the fact that it's not exactly neutral.

If you would pick between SM64 and V6-S, which do you think has the natural and balanced sounding or prefer all in all?

Thanks!

May 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #13,540 of 16,931
From what I see in the review you did http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/, in terms of what type of signature, most likely warm and smooth or vshaped. I am wondering if the 10 dollar ones will suffice. I plan on using the in ears for doing homework at the library, casual walking and skateboarding.. 

Lol while writing that post I've made my mind, 8 dollar phillips will suffice. Cost/performance ratio is very enticing. 

May 6, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #13,541 of 16,931
Hello

I'm confused between the t-peos d200 models. The company has three kinds of them.
1. Flat cable with round housing
2. Flat cable with chipped housing
3. Round cable with round housing

Do all of them sound the same?
I like the round cable with round housing but the only available on my local shop is the flat cable with round housing. :frowning2:

May 6, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #13,542 of 16,931

I'm surprised a 7mm driver can be mounted at the tip of the earpiece. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from the same fit/comfort problems as the Fischer Audio Ceramique as a result!

Haven't tried the KRK but the Sennheiser HD428 is a favorite of mine for neutral, non-harsh/bright sound under $100.

The S4 is pretty old, there are newer options even for the same type of sound that are cheaper and arguably better, such as the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition. Also, whether they're right for you really depends on the type of sound you're after - pretty much what modulor said.

I don't believe there are, at least not that I can tell with the dynamic-driver balanced IEMs I've come across.

Probably a little too much.

About: Senmai SM-E9106

It actually seals perfectly!

Nothing like the Kanen or JVC, where you actually have to maneuver and manage to get the sound and fit right.

I notice that the diaphragm sits deeper into the housing and the nozzle extends out more. I believe this is why the tip creates an excellent seal and is very comfortable. And the very narrow passage at the tip creates excellent treble while maintaining tight and well behaved bass.

I kid you, not! These are one of my top 5 in comfort and sound, as well!

Hopefully, you could review and comment on these. You will pleasantly be surprised!  
smile.gif

May 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #13,543 of 16,931

Ostry KC06, Havi B3 Pro 1, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, Zero Audio Carbo Singolo, Audio Technica ATH-IM50

May 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #13,545 of 16,931

beyersmile.png
Hi! joker!
I have $1000 now and I want to buy a custom IEM for some Jpop like Asriel.
So could you please give me some recommendation?
Thanks a lot!

To be honest I've never listened to any Jpop in my life. Do you know what sort of sound signature you're looking for?

I like CK100's female vocal.And I guess maybe it is the most suitable for me.But I want a CIEM........
I admit I am a female vocal lover.So I just want something with the best female vocal play on it.

confused_face.gif
Forgive my poor English...Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back